Rumor: Bears have massive offer on table for Watson

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Im not really following the QB click harvesting operation anymore, tbh. They wont go in to the season with Foles as the guaranteed starter. Something will happen but it's the Bears so it will probably end in disaster.

Have they re-signed the kicker yet?

This is probably the most accurate post here

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If Pace doesn’t pull a desperation move for a good vet QB, he’s gone in ‘22. No way he survives another shit Nagy offense.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
FFS, these scenarios are stupid.

Get a talented QB, that proved he could not win without superior talent around him by giving up a huge amount of defensive talent and 3 years worth of your best draft capital.

So now you have a high priced QB
You have an awful OL, and limited skill player talent.
You can't afford better talent because you are tight against the cap.
You can't draft superior talent because you gave up all you prime picks for 2-3 years and have gaping holes at RT, LT, WR, G, MLB, CB, NB.
So three yrs of getting shellacked and the fans turning on him, the Bears will trade him for a conditional 6th rd pick
And you have an already old defense just getting older

Why was Houston a bad team? Hint: it wasn’t due to Watson.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tag and trade Robinson is going to entice Watson to come here with Mooney, Miller, stone hands wims and kmet lol .. they’re not going to tag him and trade him, that would be anti-Watson. If they’re trying to get a decent qb to even think about coming here they have to keep Robinson especially if they’re pillaging the defense like some of you think they will lol

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why was Houston a bad team? Hint: it wasn’t due to Watson.
Well he certainly didn't elevate them.
So bring him to a shitty team made shittier by the trade and an inability to make it not shitty by the same trade?

What could go wrong?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It always amuses me when the knuckle dragging mouth breathing contingent of Bears fan comes along chanting "we don't need no stinking quarterback!"

The type who piss and moan that's there is such a thing as giving up too much to get a proven franchise quarterback.

Well let me clue in the knuckle draggers in on something.

How many times have we seen teams helmed by a Tom Brady or an Aaron Rodgers in the past that were competitive and one playoff games despite having no real talent on offense that scares anybody other than the quarterback?

When you have a proven franchise quarterback, you are always in it no matter what. That is what it means to have a franchise quarterback.

Therefore no cost is too great. You can simply rebuild around them. But at least you then have "the guy".

and even if you happen to have to take a step back for a year, so what? you now have a franchise quarterback and can build around them!

There is no such thing as giving up too much for a franchise quarterback.

You just better be damn sure if you are giving that much up, that the guy you are bringing in is a franchise quarterback.

For the purposes of our argument, Wilson and Watson fit that definition and to argue otherwise basically put you in the category of the mouth breathing knuckle draggers....

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I still believe the Texans are fully willing to call Watson's bluff that he won't walk away from a $160,000,000 and sit out four years of his absolute prime. This certainly seems like just another iteration of the quarterback click parade.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
True, but Watson and Wilson are legit game changers. It would make sense the bears are holding onto their ammo for one of them as opposed to trying to win a bidding war for Wentz, who may never repeat his past success.

That said, who knows? But with their jobs on the line, it’s hard to imagine pace and Nagy not willing to go all in for a franchise QB.

My best guess of a potential offer?

Roquan, JJ, 3 1sts, 2 2nds.

Not sure how they upgrade the OL and get the defense up to snuff, but I’d do it. My guess is they tag and trade Robinson and then hope desai/Pettine could keep the defense respectable
And thus, you become the team this 4-12 crybaby is trying to run away from.

That's smart.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
He's 31 years old. Was born on November 16, 1989.

tenor.gif
The age of a 300 pound de who’s been dealing with injuries last two years. Yes his age.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would make sense the bears are holding onto their ammo for one of them as opposed to trying to win a bidding war for Wentz, who may never repeat his past success.

If this wasn't Pace we were talking about I would agree with you.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
And thus, you become the team this 4-12 crybaby is trying to run away from.

That's smart.

Like I said before, far from convinced of that. Bears won 8 games each of the last two seasons with Mitch and Foles. Much of 19 was without Roquan smith and DT. Bears were playing with kwit and KPL. Obviously no JJ in 19 either. Or Mooney, Kmet, and a worse run game.

In 20, Bears D was without Roquan and a JJ late. They were decent enough and I imagine the bears fill in some spots in FA and mid round picks. Long story short, not buying the bears as a 4 win team with Watson

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We should give up our 2017 1st rounder to get Watson. GET IT???

But seriously, sell the fucking farm for him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I still believe the Texans are fully willing to call Watson's bluff that he won't walk away from a $160,000,000 and sit out four years of his absolute prime. This certainly seems like just another iteration of the quarterback click parade.

Watson doesn't have to sit it out. It is simply going to be a season killer to have a disgruntled QB playing for you. It would kill the whole morale of the team and then when you suck again, you have less trade leverage. You either mend the relationship or you move on. No team wants the face of the franchise being a huge distraction.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Something I think people haven’t really considered is, maybe the Dolphins and Jets aren’t willing to mortgage the farm for Deshaun Watson. Maybe Miami doesn’t want to give up the #4 pick and/or Tua. Maybe New York doesn’t want to give up the #2 pick and is happy to deal Darnold separately.

Everybody’s just kind of been assuming that these top-of-the-draft teams would be willing to give up a shit-ton, including their top picks, when maybe that’s simply not true, at least in comparison to what the Bears would be willing to give up.

Considering you’re only allowed to give up a couple of first round picks, with an additional allowed on draft night, doesn’t it make sense that this deal—whether it’s the Bears or someone else—is going down April 29?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
My best guess of a potential offer?

Roquan, JJ, 3 1sts, 2 2nds.
So Watson goes from a team that left his cupboard bare to basically the same situation in Chicago with no 1rst rd pics for 3 years and 2nds for 2 years and shit Oline? We basically will just be a shitty team with what we`ve always wanted an elite QB. He`ll put up numbers but is likely not winning shit which is basically what hes doing in Houston already.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It always amuses me when the knuckle dragging mouth breathing contingent of Bears fan comes along chanting "we don't need no stinking quarterback!"

The type who piss and moan that's there is such a thing as giving up too much to get a proven franchise quarterback.

Well let me clue in the knuckle draggers in on something.

How many times have we seen teams helmed by a Tom Brady or an Aaron Rodgers in the past that were competitive and one playoff games despite having no real talent on offense that scares anybody other than the quarterback?

When you have a proven franchise quarterback, you are always in it no matter what. That is what it means to have a franchise quarterback.

Therefore no cost is too great. You can simply rebuild around them. But at least you then have "the guy".

and even if you happen to have to take a step back for a year, so what? you now have a franchise quarterback and can build around them!

There is no such thing as giving up too much for a franchise quarterback.

You just better be damn sure if you are giving that much up, that the guy you are bringing in is a franchise quarterback.

For the purposes of our argument, Wilson and Watson fit that definition and to argue otherwise basically put you in the category of the mouth breathing knuckle draggers....
Wilson, and especially Watson, are no Rogers or Brady. Not even close.