Rumor: Bears have massive offer on table for Watson

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
I don't see it. The organization inexplicably passes on Watson in 2017, but now is going to give up multiple 1sts, 2nds, and our young defensive talent in order to magnify their egregious fuck-up 4 years ago? They would rightfully get skewered by the media for a decade, and they don't need any more bad press.

I'd believe this news with Wilson, not Watson.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't see it. The organization inexplicably passes on Watson in 2017, but now is going to give up multiple 1sts, 2nds, and our young defensive talent in order to magnify their egregious fuck-up 4 years ago? They would rightfully get skewered by the media for a decade, and they don't need any more bad press.

I'd believe this news with Wilson, not Watson.

I don't think it's a bad thing for Pace if he could in some way eat crow and give up a ton for a QB he passed on in the draft. It's not a bad thing to be able to admit where you were wrong. Yeah it was a huge miss on his part that will always follow him but to turn around and trade for him i don't see as a bad thing.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The perception around the league is that the Bears are the most desperate team for a QB. Our coach abd GM are on the hot seat and just had a press conference to reiterate that everything is on the table.

Its the benefit of teams like Houston and Eagles to tell the league, even if it is just made up, that we have the best offer to this drive up the price and see who wants to bid against a perceived desperate team. Truth is we actually don't have a lot of draft capital, tradable assets, or cap space. There are many teams that could outbid us.
sure, but is there a team out there desperate enough to outbid pace? if pace got fired tomorrow, hypothetically of course, with his track record at QB i’m not convinced he would get another GM job for a while.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just run with it boys, the Bears are getting Watson!
If you count Mitch could be 4 1sts and a few mid rounders though i suspect he'd rather trade a couple/few players. Could of had him for a 1st and some picks on a trade down, LOL. Not too mad, stuff happens and I'm happy he's willing to eat a mistake.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
I don't think it's a bad thing for Pace if he could in some way eat crow and give up a ton for a QB he passed on in the draft. It's not a bad thing to be able to admit where you were wrong. Yeah it was a huge miss on his part that will always follow him but to turn around and trade for him i don't see as a bad thing.

There are ways to be contrite without mortgaging the future of the franchise for someone you should have picked from the start.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
sure, but is there a team out there desperate enough to outbid pace? if pace got fired tomorrow, hypothetically of course, with his track record at QB i’m not convinced he would get another GM job for a while.

In my eyes it has more to do with even having the assets to make the top offer. We pick #20 this year and if you add Watson to the team I think it is fair to assume future draft picks would be #20 or later. Houston, I'm sure would like to have a serviceable QB this year. They already traded their 1st rd draft pick. Our #20 and whatever we add isn't going to help them much.

And yes, I believe other teams like Carolina & Washington that are as desperate.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you count Mitch could be 4 1sts and a few mid rounders though i suspect he'd rather trade a couple/few players. Could of had him for a 1st and some picks on a trade down, LOL. Not too mad, stuff happens and I'm happy he's willing to eat a mistake.
Mitch is the deal breaker. No one wants that loser.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Three first and two good players

So basically Kevin White, Leonard Floyd and Mitch Trubisky and two other players

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You give up the whole room for Watson. End of story!

We have pieces after a franchise QB is in place just have to surround with mid - low cost FA / draft.
The team looks much better after we have a bonafide star under center no mater how you look at it or give up.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I think the Eagles leaked that false claim
And we have no idea who leaked this one, so how do we know it's creditable?

For all we know the Eagles could be leaking this claim as well. It makes no sense, but neither does blindly following a rumor without understanding who/what the source is.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Did we find that out? I mean has Pace actually confirmed that? Or has one media outlet reported one thing and another reported another?
Yeah I don't think Pace or Nagy stated this fact, was only reported by Jay Glazer.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Texans are very weak defensively. Bears have lots of bloated contracts on the D side of the ball

DO IT

gocbears

Liked Posts:
Not buying any of the trade hype, it's just click-bait. I don't think any, or all, of George, Teddy, Pace, Nagy are as desperate as Bears fans or media wish them to be.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Not buying any of the trade hype, it's just click-bait. I don't think any, or all, of George, Teddy, Pace, Nagy are as desperate as Bears fans or media wish them to be.

Remember all the rumors of Wentz being linked to the Bears and it got out Pace didn't even make an offer?

Pace does his deals in silence. Mack trade came out of nowhere as did the Mitch draft. Probably the Texans side leaking stuff to get other teams to bite.