Run on WRs picks 22-30..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
WRs are going to get hammered from 22-30. Both GB and KC have 2 selections in the first round each, and some mocks have GB taking 2 WRs.

Its very likely at least 3 WRs come off the board between 22-30 and at least 6 WRs get taken in the first round.

Kind of a bad luck position for the Bears. You could probably give up a 3rd to jump back into the very late first round, but I think that late run on WRs is going to deplete that WR depth.

It will be interesting to see how Poles handles that position of need if there is a run at WR in the bottom of the first.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
We’re not in a bad position. If there’s a WR they really cover (doubtful) they are within range to trade up for him. If not, a run on WRs means other quality players fall into our laps. Maybe not the sexy fan-favorite positions, but getting a quality DB and/or DL player would be fine in that case.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
WRs are going to get hammered from 22-30. Both GB and KC have 2 selections in the first round each, and some mocks have GB taking 2 WRs.

Its very likely at least 3 WRs come off the board between 22-30 and at least 6 WRs get taken in the first round.

Kind of a bad luck position for the Bears. You could probably give up a 3rd to jump back into the very late first round, but I think that late run on WRs is going to deplete that WR depth.

It will be interesting to see how Poles handles that position of need if there is a run at WR in the bottom of the first.
A run on receivers should leave some nice options at OL and CB. He should trade back a few times and get extra picks this year and next.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

That is AWESOME news.

With this run on WRs and the usual stupid run on QBs, it means that someone unexpected is going to fall to the Bears at some other position of need like LT.

The Bears should then run their pick in when 39 comes along and then pick a WR later because there is a wealth of WR talent that is going to be available later who will be close to the same level as the late 1st round and early 2nd round WRs taken before 39.

Thanks! You made my day.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Left tackle, edge rusher, guard, center and cornerback are bigger needs. If the Bears are worried about their passing game sucking they should fix the offensive line and perhaps look into drafting a quarterback who doesn't look like Josh Rosen before they go overdrafting wide receivers in a weak draft.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Left tackle, edge rusher, guard, center and cornerback are bigger needs. If the Bears are worried about their passing game sucking they should fix the offensive line and perhaps look into drafting a quarterback who doesn't look like Josh Rosen before they go overdrafting wide receivers in a weak draft.
You're a pretty big idiot

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I am not concerned if the Bears don't select a WR with their first selection, but I am interested in seeing how Poles handles this situation. He choose to address WR in the draft, so he is either going to have to reach or he is going to have to find good value later in the draft.

It will be the first litmus test for Poles.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think these wrs are being highly over rated cause folks are so thirsty for anything on offense. This team has so many holes as long as they get highly rated players at any position of need it’s a positive. And I’ve said this plenty of times before the strength of this draft is defense.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
No wonder I have you on ignore…