Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It doesn't count towards this years income in so far using this year to lower the yearly average of the contract and then compare his new contract to the contracts of other quarterbacks, which is precisely what you were trying to do here, and you know it:

That's the same type of misinformation that came out of a JC contract thread, that left users here thinking that JC could/can be cut next year without a significant cap hit. Your figure of 17.5 mil will leave users here thinking that RW is being paid mid-level QB money when in fact the truth is RW's contract makes him the number 2 paid QB, second only to Rodgers, and second by a scant 100,000 per season. Fact.

His current contract also pays him the most guaranteed money of any of the current contracts held by any QB. He also has 31 m in the bank this year, so if he walks out and gets hit by a bus tomorrow, they can't take that away from him.

Not bad for a guy with no leverage.......
Anybody else getting the Bearsbud, Remy vibe?
He accepted the very offer you said he had the leverage to improve.
If he gets hit by a bus tomorrow, does the $31m count this year or not?
Extensions are often configured to raise the current year's salary as part of the deal and always when a player is this underpaid. Nobody expected him to play for $1m this year and he isn't other than in your vortex.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LOL. Never understood this line of reasoning. When the Colts win it was because Luck carried his team and won the game all by himself. But when the Colts get stomped like they did against the deflate spies then it's the whole teams fault. Luck couldn't muster a single TD against Belichicks defense in the AFCCG. Wilson not only brought his team back but almost won it had it not been for that boneheaded play.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Where did I say any of that dumb ass??? I've never said Luck doesn't play bad at times and make mistakes. Gotta love people who try to put words in other people's mouths.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody expected him to play for $1m this year and he isn't other than in your vortex.

your an idiot. First post this is what I said:

Seahags are offering him 21 m starting this year! That is 20 mill over and above what he is slated to make this year. he is not a free agent until next year!

Ergo, in order to just break even next year in free agency, a team would have to be willing to pay him 26 mil a year over the course of a four year contract just to break even. This can't be right, no one is that stupid...........This can't be all that it seems, there has to be something in the guaranteed money that has Wilson not willing to sign.

Try again pickle man,

Oh, and there were plenty of people that thought the Seahags should stick to their guns an make him play out the final year of his rookie deal for 1.5 mill, should I find them for you too?

Keep trying to spin it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL You just said he's playing for 1.5M, otherwise he can't be making 22 per for the other 4 years. It's either 1m this year plus 4 more at 22m or it's 5 years at 17.5. You've said a lot of different and conflicting things. You can't have it both ways. Holy shit! I'm done. I'm tired of trying to explain this to a fucking moron.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
LOL You just said he's playing for 1.5M, otherwise he can't be making 22 per for the other 4 years. It's either 1m this year plus 4 more at 22m or it's 5 years at 17.5. You've said a lot of different and conflicting things. You can't have it both ways. Holy shit! I'm done. I'm tired of trying to explain this to a fucking moron.

Ngknowzero about football really doesn't know anything about football....hence the catchy nickname. You should have known that from all the otherday threads where he gets routinely blasted for his idiocy. Heck....the guy can't tell the difference between the 1st and 4th quarters!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Does anyone know what Wilson will be making next year? Asking for a friend.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Babies?
No sex till marriage? Because he's a God fearing/loving Christian? That got divorced? That will want to get remarried in a church that should only recognize the 1st eternal one and marries sinners selectively? Did God tell him to get divorced? To play for more than one team? I could give a shit about his personal life but if you're going to talk the talk........

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The moron is the guy you see staring you in the face in the bathroom mirror. Let me get my crayons and I will draw you a picture.

There are two things to consider.

a) What RW is actually going to make this year as in so far as he and the IRS are concerned. This figure is a base salary of 700,000 plus a 31 mill signing bonus. This will be the figure that goes onto his 1040 (minus expenses etc). For all the future years of his contract, he will make what ever his "base" salary for that year is.

b) What the Seahawks will do to "THIER" books in so much as how they spread things around in regards to cap space per year etc. RW (and his agent) could give a rats ass about these numbers. They are fictitious.

The problem is, you can't seem to understand how and when to separate the two, and keep using figures for one QB from the "a" description and then comparing them to another QB and using figures from the "B" section. That's complete Bullshit. And you don't get it.

If you want to compare contracts of one qb to another qb, you can only use one set of variables, and that is actual contract value. End of story, so drop it. RW signed a 4 year deal. The fact that the Seahawks were able to "cook" the books and spread it out in such a way that it was more cap friendly to them is of little consequence.

I have been on record throughout the thread as saying RW had enough "leverage" to force the Seahawks to re-negotiate/extend his contract this year, in the process get a significant signing bonus this year ( this prevents him from significant financial loss due to injury). I thought what the seahawks were originally offering to actually be a fair deal, but didn't know the specifics (guaranteed money etc). I said I didn't think he could do significantly better than that (he didn't) but I did say I thought he most certainly had enough leverage to force a similar deal get done this year, and not have to play out his rookie contract with no insurance against injury (which in this case is the signing bonus he got for the extension).

But, and this is something you just don't seem to grasp, if you are going to compare contracts with others (brees,romo, newton, luck, etc), the only thing of relevance is the contract itself, and its value. To that end, as of this moment, RW is the second highest paid QB in the NFL.

Now you can go ahead and average the 4 year deal out over 5 years, 7 years, whatever. But, that is not the way to compare one contract to another.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ngknowzero about football really doesn't know anything about football....hence the catchy nickname. You should have known that from all the otherday threads where he gets routinely blasted for his idiocy. Heck....the guy can't tell the difference between the 1st and 4th quarters!

As usual, you bring nothing of value to the debate. At least pickles can talk numbers, unfortunately you get lost when you run out of fingers......

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The moron is the guy you see staring you in the face in the bathroom mirror. Let me get my crayons and I will draw you a picture.

There are two things to consider.

a) What RW is actually going to make this year as in so far as he and the IRS are concerned. This figure is a base salary of 700,000 plus a 31 mill signing bonus. This will be the figure that goes onto his 1040 (minus expenses etc). For all the future years of his contract, he will make what ever his "base" salary for that year is.

b) What the Seahawks will do to "THIER" books in so much as how they spread things around in regards to cap space per year etc. RW (and his agent) could give a rats ass about these numbers. They are fictitious.

The problem is, you can't seem to understand how and when to separate the two, and keep using figures for one QB from the "a" description and then comparing them to another QB and using figures from the "B" section. That's complete Bullshit. And you don't get it.

If you want to compare contracts of one qb to another qb, you can only use one set of variables, and that is actual contract value. End of story, so drop it. RW signed a 4 year deal. The fact that the Seahawks were able to "cook" the books and spread it out in such a way that it was more cap friendly to them is of little consequence.

I have been on record throughout the thread as saying RW had enough "leverage" to force the Seahawks to re-negotiate/extend his contract this year, in the process get a significant signing bonus this year ( this prevents him from significant financial loss due to injury). I thought what the seahawks were originally offering to actually be a fair deal, but didn't know the specifics (guaranteed money etc). I said I didn't think he could do significantly better than that (he didn't) but I did say I thought he most certainly had enough leverage to force a similar deal get done this year, and not have to play out his rookie contract with no insurance against injury (which in this case is the signing bonus he got for the extension).

But, and this is something you just don't seem to grasp, if you are going to compare contracts with others (brees,romo, newton, luck, etc), the only thing of relevance is the contract itself, and its value. To that end, as of this moment, RW is the second highest paid QB in the NFL.

Now you can go ahead and average the 4 year deal out over 5 years, 7 years, whatever. But, that is not the way to compare one contract to another.

I never combined the 2. I simply stated how the deal works out for him. The contract is the contract. The effective payout is something else that got your panties bunched and you simply don't want to accept. That you keep going on about how cool it is that he gets 32m this year but still want to insist he gets paid 24m per in the following 4 as well is silly. The IRS and Wilson see this deal exactly the same way with 32m income this year and 12, 12, 15 and 17 the following. You go on about how bonus money is salary but then refuse to acknowledge that it's salary when it's actually paid. The 5 years is not arbitrary but reflect the actual years he receives payment from the contract. Yes it's a 4 year extension which I had to point out to you before he signed it and it's written in a way to appease (and pay) him now. It's no different than when Urlacher held out to get his pay increased with a signing bonus while under contract. The cap hit is an altogether different discussion than the payout and not part of this. You're burning both side of a candle here. I'd say you were overthinking but I can't imagine the wheels turning.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What's happened to everyone's darling?

Said it in here a long time ago and I'll say it again.

Just. A. Guy.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Just. A. Guy.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. God might hear you.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Just. A. Guy.

If he is JAG and I don't think so, then he is the type of JAG that any team with a playoff D needs. Bears would have been to about 4-5 playoffs with a Wilson level QB during the Lovie years.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he is JAG and I don't think so, then he is the type of JAG that any team with a playoff D needs. Bears would have been to about 4-5 playoffs with a Wilson level QB during the Lovie years.

Why do you constantly talk about Lovie? Fucks sake man....

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry I missed this thread the first time. :lmao:

dude's a douche, and overrated. and isn't shit without Marshawn Lynch, hence the losses. there, I said it.
I disagree. He is fairly rated as a good QB. I've never seen any reputable source call him elite. As to his personality, I don't care.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree. He is fairly rated as a good QB. I've never seen any reputable source call him elite. As to his personality, I don't care.
He's a very good QB and proven winner. Have only seen the most idiotic fans say anything else.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He also won NFC Offense player of the week for the fifth time. Not JAG.