Ryan Pace Q&A

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This should be no surprise to anyone, especially since he signed MG. He can take a stud at #3 and the highest ranked player on their board at each pick thereafter which is what a good GM does. What we don't know is how he has the QB's who will be available at 36 graded. Most likely, the stars will have to align for a QB to be graded as high as a dropping 1st round graded player who can probably start immediately. I know this board refused to face reality, but there is no time like the present.
What you don't seem to understand is that without a QB, you can go BPA all day year in year out and you'll never be up there contending with the teams who do have franchise QBs.

I've made this point to you many times and you never answer, you just evade: if you only go by strict BPA with every pick, you will never draft a QB early unless you have the first overall in a Manning/Luck year. Your philosophy will have the Bears permanently dumpster diving for late round scrubs and signing backup bums like Glennon. They're never going to consistently compete doing business that way. At some you HAVE to take a swing on a talent you like earlier than they appear on your generic BPA board.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That's insane. If Pace had him as the overall #6 grade regardless of position, he'd be all over him like White on rice and there would also be no way in this universe that QB would even be available at 3.

Yeah if Pace has Watson as the 6th best player on his board then i'd hope he'd go away from BPA and go BPA by position and draft Watson at #3. QB is way too important to pass on because you have 3 other players rated above him.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yeah if Pace has Watson as the 6th best player on his board then i'd hope he'd go away from BPA and go BPA by position and draft Watson at #3. QB is way too important to pass on because you have 3 other players rated above him.

I agree with this. I don't think he has Watson rated that highly though. The problem with severely over reaching on a QB is this.....let's say Trubisky goes #2 overall and Pace's next QB is ranked 15th overall. Do you still select him at #3? Would any team EVER rank a franchise QB as low as 15? No. If the guy is a franchise QB, you would have him ranked much higher. Ranking them at 15 basically is assessing them as a low end starter in the NFL. We don't what Pace's board looks like, but I'm pretty sure he would never reach that much. At any position.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That is the nut of it. He had holes to fill. Everyone understands that who has eyes. But he created more holes to fill and that was stupid. In my estimation he lucked out with Howard and never expected him to be what he was and expected Langford to be the every down back like Forte. But that aside, he's failed in free agency and has one out of two good drafts. That is the reality of things.

I wish it were different. I think most Bear's fans wish it wasn't true but among fans who have been around this team for awhile, we know that this organization and team right now is a very weak one and there is little reason for optimism.

I still can't believe some of you don't understand how a rebuild works. When you rebuild you cut players who are either on contracts that you don't see helping the team during the rebuild so you cut them to create cap space for the rebuild, you get rid of any older players since you're in a rebuild and having a few older guys on the team isn't gonna help in any way what so ever and you also get rid of players that are bad for the team whether that be in the locker room or on the practice field or in games cause you don't wanna bring in new young guys and for them to be around players like that and picking up any of their bad habits and i'm pretty sure these holes that people keep talking about that Pace added are with players that fit into one of those i mentioned. Maybe there's a rebuild 101 book some of you could read.

I've been around this team for a long time and i'm optimistic as can be and see the vision of this team getting better and i'm sure many Bears fans agree with me but some people just can't see the same vision and see this team getting worse and not better but again, you have to understand the rebuild and know that there's gonna be hard times before the good times come.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I have to say that IF find it useless to discuss guys like Emery, Angelo, Trestman, Lovie, in comparison to Fox and Pace. To what end? I could give a shit if Pace is better than Emery or Angelo. Emery and Angelo sucked. Who cares?

Right now, I know that Fox sucks and that Pace has to do a lot to convince me that he is legit as a GM.. His grade is a "D" for me.

Well good thing for Pace that convincing you of anything is nowhere on his list.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Surely having Marshall and Bennett on the team still would have this team rolling and Pace looking like a genius, right? Bears might have even won 4 or maybe even 5 games last season....which would put us in worse draft position, btw. But who cares....those extra holes he has to fill now. Let's not just fire Pace....let's torch the guy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Come-on man, once again, you are rating yourself as a better fan than someone else. You are making yourself look silly.

If one "Bear fan" doesn't watch the games and the other Bears fan does watch every game then i see the latter as the more dedicated fan. I don't know if you wanna call that a better fan or not but it's very clearly a more dedicated fan.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In listening to his press conference I got seriously depressed. Especially saying he was just going to take the best player in each round and if that were QB........
Then I thought about it and came to some conclusions.
1. Glennon was his second choice, why flirt with the Pats over Jimmy G if Glennon was your guy.
2. Pace knows that unless you have the first pick in the draft and someone like Aikman coming available, QB will NEVER be the highest rated player. Teams simply value QB too much and draft them higher than they are rated.
3. I think there are two different forces at work here. Fox who needs to win games and save his job and Pace who needs to build the team.
4. Pace did lay out his plan,build thru the draft, no high dollar FA. It's a slow way to build but it is working. Even with a crap secondary they were in the top ten defensively for most of the year until the injuries just overwhelmed them. They may not have great starters but they now have depth and competition.
5. He's saying exactly what he should say if he really has his eye on a particular QB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some people get it and some don't. This^ guy gets it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Both teams were in the playoff hunt.

The Bears playoff hunt ended around week 5

Maybe if they didn't have all those injuries they would have made the playoffs and made a run in the playoffs or more?? Just sayin....lol

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Maybe if they didn't have all those injuries they would have made the playoffs and made a run in the playoffs or more?? Just sayin....lol

:whoosh:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But your point sucks and doesn't make sense for the reasons people have already laid out.

The people that you speak of are the same 4/5/6 people that run around on here thank banging anything any of those 4/5/6 people say against me with every post which is hilarious and also the same people that don't use common sense at all. If someone makes a good point in favor of Pace they won't even admit it's a good point because they're to busy hating on him with every post in every thread. It's really quite funny and shows the immaturity of you guys. Let the hate run wild...lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I agree with this. I don't think he has Watson rated that highly though. The problem with severely over reaching on a QB is this.....let's say Trubisky goes #2 overall and Pace's next QB is ranked 15th overall. Do you still select him at #3? Would any team EVER rank a franchise QB as low as 15? No. If the guy is a franchise QB, you would have him ranked much higher. Ranking them at 15 basically is assessing them as a low end starter in the NFL. We don't what Pace's board looks like, but I'm pretty sure he would never reach that much. At any position.

Yeah i don't want a QB that's good enough to get us to the playoffs every other year and can win us 8/9 games a year but just can't get any further like a A.Smith or a A.Dalton type, i want a franchise QB that will have us in the playoffs every year and is good enough to win a super bowl.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Surely having Marshall and Bennett on the team still would have this team rolling and Pace looking like a genius, right? Bears might have even won 4 or maybe even 5 games last season....which would put us in worse draft position, btw. But who cares....those extra holes he has to fill now. Let's not just fire Pace....let's torch the guy.

BMarsh has NEVER even brought a team to the playoffs. The guy that all these people on here are pissed off that we got rid of has NEVER EVER been to the playoffs.

He's a team cancer and doesn't bring the right chemistry to a team that is needed in locker rooms and on the field.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Yeah i don't want a QB that's good enough to get us to the playoffs every other year and can win us 8/9 games a year but just can't get any further like a A.Smith or a A.Dalton type, i want a franchise QB that will have us in the playoffs every year and is good enough to win a super bowl.

Right. Because if we end up with a Smith or Dalton, the fans are going to be calling for their heads sooner than later. Of course, we don't know how Pace has the QBs rated.....but if he has them rated as a mid 1st round prospect, there's no way he's taking them at #3. If he has one or more in the top 10 however, there's a good chance he'll take one at #3 or after a small trade back. Obviously, the trade back is risky in that case. Honestly, I have no clue what Pace is going to do. I certainly wouldn't listen to what he says now as gospel.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
BMarsh has NEVER even brought a team to the playoffs. The guy that all these people on here are pissed off that we got rid of has NEVER EVER been to the playoffs.

He's a team cancer and doesn't bring the right chemistry to a team that is needed in locker rooms and on the field.

To be fair, I think he's just been on some crappy teams with some crappy QBs. But yes, I do believe the chemistry/locker room issues are valid for sure. He wouldn't be on his 4th team with all that talent if it wasn't. The chatter follows him around for a reason. But that's neither here nor there....imagine him and Marty on the team with Barkley trying to get them the ball. Do the Bears win ANY more games? More than 1? Maybe. So complaining about those guys not being on the team and having more holes to fill are silly. Pace will fill those holes over time, and the TE position probably this draft actually.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Oh well thank you for admitting that it has obviously gone over your head and you're throwing in the towel, you're a stand up man.

I admitted nothing...the simple concept went completely over your head...hence the smiley

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Splitting hairs here but....
Dalton has QBd teams to the playoffs in 5 of his 6 seasons in the NFL.

Alex Smith has QB'd teams to the playoffs in 5 of the past 7 years.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Splitting hairs here but....
Dalton has QBd teams to the playoffs in 5 of his 6 seasons in the NFL.

Alex Smith has QB'd teams to the playoffs in 5 of the past 7 years.

Right..but McCarron has more TDs in the post season than Dalton doesn't he? Everyone talks about franchise QBs to win a superbowl....not to make the playoffs and get bounced. Smith and Dalton aren't franchise superbowl winning QBs, which I thought was the point.