Ryan Pace Q&A

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
BMarsh has NEVER even brought a team to the playoffs. The guy that all these people on here are pissed off that we got rid of has NEVER EVER been to the playoffs.

He's a team cancer and doesn't bring the right chemistry to a team that is needed in locker rooms and on the field.

Good call, when I think of Marshall and the teams he's been on he's been a deciding factor in them not making the playoffs............. :aj: . Not Chad Henne, matt Moore, Kyle Orton, Jay Cutler, Josh McCown, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc.

Nothing about Marshall's production would signal him as a limiting factor for the playoffs and asshat WR's like Marshall have been key cog in runs to the SB in the last decade(TO, Moss etc) If I'm looking to make the playoffs I'm putting Marshall on my team tomorrow no question...the above QB's...not so much.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right..but McCarron has more TDs in the post season than Dalton doesn't he? Everyone talks about franchise QBs to win a superbowl....not to make the playoffs and get bounced. Smith and Dalton aren't franchise superbowl winning QBs, which I thought was the point.

Hence why I stopped bolding where I did and said "splitting hairs".

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah i don't want a QB that's good enough to get us to the playoffs every other year and can win us 8/9 games a year but just can't get any further like a A.Smith or a A.Dalton type, i want a franchise QB that will have us in the playoffs every year and is good enough to win a super bowl.
Except you have no idea which QBs are going to be at which level. NFL teams don't even know; if they did, guys like Carr and Prescott would never have gotten out of round 1. Why do you think you know how good these QBs can be when NFL scouts and GMs don't?

Obviously that's somewhat of a rhetorical question because we both know you don't have a clue. The thing is you speak in certainties as if you do know.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still can't believe some of you don't understand how a rebuild works. When you rebuild you cut players who are either on contracts that you don't see helping the team during the rebuild so you cut them to create cap space for the rebuild, you get rid of any older players since you're in a rebuild and having a few older guys on the team isn't gonna help in any way what so ever and you also get rid of players that are bad for the team whether that be in the locker room or on the practice field or in games cause you don't wanna bring in new young guys and for them to be around players like that and picking up any of their bad habits and i'm pretty sure these holes that people keep talking about that Pace added are with players that fit into one of those i mentioned. Maybe there's a rebuild 101 book some of you could read.

I've been around this team for a long time and i'm optimistic as can be and see the vision of this team getting better and i'm sure many Bears fans agree with me but some people just can't see the same vision and see this team getting worse and not better but again, you have to understand the rebuild and know that there's gonna be hard times before the good times come.

n1_kb_symbols.png

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Owners must laugh their asses off when stupid fans wear those paper bags - if you want to impact the owner - don't go to the game for Christ sake. Do people people keep eating at restaurants they hate too?

Yes, they do. People for the most part are idiots. I had a scammer call my restaurant last week complaining of intense food poisoning. Up all day and night puking. 10 min. into listening to his story he asked me if I was going to send him some free dinners.

Really?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still can't believe some of you don't understand how a rebuild works. When you rebuild you cut players who are either on contracts that you don't see helping the team during the rebuild so you cut them to create cap space for the rebuild, you get rid of any older players since you're in a rebuild and having a few older guys on the team isn't gonna help in any way what so ever and you also get rid of players that are bad for the team whether that be in the locker room or on the practice field or in games cause you don't wanna bring in new young guys and for them to be around players like that and picking up any of their bad habits and i'm pretty sure these holes that people keep talking about that Pace added are with players that fit into one of those i mentioned. Maybe there's a rebuild 101 book some of you could read.

I've been around this team for a long time and i'm optimistic as can be and see the vision of this team getting better and i'm sure many Bears fans agree with me but some people just can't see the same vision and see this team getting worse and not better but again, you have to understand the rebuild and know that there's gonna be hard times before the good times come.

To sign players like Glennon and Sanchez?

Got it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Right. Because if we end up with a Smith or Dalton, the fans are going to be calling for their heads sooner than later. Of course, we don't know how Pace has the QBs rated.....but if he has them rated as a mid 1st round prospect, there's no way he's taking them at #3. If he has one or more in the top 10 however, there's a good chance he'll take one at #3 or after a small trade back. Obviously, the trade back is risky in that case. Honestly, I have no clue what Pace is going to do. I certainly wouldn't listen to what he says now as gospel.

He has it set up to go in many ways so i'm excited for the draft to get here. I want our next franchise QB as much as anyone but i really just want a good draft. I'm not as worried as most that Pace won't get a young QB for this team when the right fit is there for him. It'd be nice if it's this years draft but i can wait until the 2018 draft if it isn't.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Good call, when I think of Marshall and the teams he's been on he's been a deciding factor in them not making the playoffs............. :aj: . Not Chad Henne, matt Moore, Kyle Orton, Jay Cutler, Josh McCown, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc.

Nothing about Marshall's production would signal him as a limiting factor for the playoffs and asshat WR's like Marshall have been key cog in runs to the SB in the last decade(TO, Moss etc) If I'm looking to make the playoffs I'm putting Marshall on my team tomorrow no question...the above QB's...not so much.

Seems like Bears fans forget back when Marshall was setting Bears WR records. While Jay Cutler continued to throw INT's and the Bears defense was historically bad

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Splitting hairs here but....
Dalton has QBd teams to the playoffs in 5 of his 6 seasons in the NFL.

Alex Smith has QB'd teams to the playoffs in 5 of the past 7 years.

And yet i still don't want a A.Smith or a A.Dalton as our franchise QB....lol. I want the real deal if we're gonna get so invested in a QB drafted early not a playoff QB.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Seems like Bears fans forget back when Marshall was setting Bears WR records. While Jay Cutler continued to throw INT's and the Bears defense was historically bad

No one forgets that. I think it's more people just realizing that even if Marshall was on the team now at 33 years of age, the Bears would still be picking in the top 5-7 picks and by the time the Bears are legitimate playoff contenders, Marshall would be irrelevant to the team. I really can't believe this is still being discussed. Not to mention, Marshall really sealed his fate when he refused to give up the TV show. Hence why his last two teams have been in NY and no other team was willing to trade for Marshall this season just like Cutler. The Jets had to release him because they didn't have a partner. Just like the Bears had to release Cutler.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Ummmmmmm ok....good luck with that...lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Except you have no idea which QBs are going to be at which level. NFL teams don't even know; if they did, guys like Carr and Prescott would never have gotten out of round 1. Why do you think you know how good these QBs can be when NFL scouts and GMs don't?

Obviously that's somewhat of a rhetorical question because we both know you don't have a clue. The thing is you speak in certainties as if you do know.

This coming from a fan on a message board that says D.Watson is gonna be the best QB in this draft class......and how do you know that?? Did you read it on the internet?? lol

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
And yet i still don't want a A.Smith or a A.Dalton as our franchise QB....lol. I want the real deal if we're gonna get so invested in a QB drafted early not a playoff QB.

This just in...the Bears haven't been to the playoffs since 2010

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
To sign players like Glennon and Sanchez?

Got it.

Well Glennon is a upgrade over anything we had and neither one of them are here for our future which is what we're talking about right?? The QB hole will be filled when Pace finds the guy he wants and will hopefully be there when we're on the clock.

Again people just don't understand how a rebuild works which still amazes me. So you think as soon as a hole is created it must be filled right away but that's not how it works with a rebuild, that hole will be filled when it's able to be filled with the right piece. Rebuilding 101

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

No remember cause we were at home watching the playoffs just like BMarsh is every single year.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
No remember cause we were at home watching the playoffs just like BMarsh is every single year.

So you were unaware of the reason's why the Bears didn't make the playoffs

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No shit, building a baseball team is much tougher.

Ummmmm no it isn't, it's actually much easier cause it's so much easier to make trades and each team has like 7 or 8 farm teams full of players and 17 rounds in the draft or howver many it is. Building a football team is much harder than baseball and it's not even close.