Saints Cut OG Warford

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What team is Warford playing for? Who is he lining up next to? Will he be in a similar system?

I’m sure the only way you can determine who plays better is by the PFF grades that you lean on so heavily. Sounds like a pretty subjective exercise at this point.

Lol, right so what you are saying is you will make up a ton of excuses so long as Pace is not accountable for anything. Got ya.

So what would convince you that Pace made a mistake?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Lol, right so what you are saying is you will make up a ton of excuses so long as Pace is not accountable for anything. Got ya.

Good lord you are fixated on Pace.

Let me know when Warford signs a contract and wins a starting job.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

He‘s made plenty of mistakes just like everyone who has ever been a General Manager in the NFL. He’s currently 20-12 with his handpicked head coach coming off a massive rebuild with the bridge guy. Nagy has made mistakes too but they are both young, intelligent and diligent. As a fan of the team, I prefer they succeed.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He‘s made plenty of mistakes just like everyone who has ever been a General Manager in the NFL. He’s currently 20-12 with his handpicked head coach coming off a massive rebuild with the bridge guy. Nagy has made mistakes too but they are both young, intelligent and diligent. As a fan of the team, I prefer they succeed.
Nothing short of saying Pace is the worst GM in the history of the NFL will suffice for Remy.
If he signs Warford and he sucks....Pace is an idiot.
If he signs Warford and he is good......It was a no brainer that any GM could have seen.
If he doesnt sign Warford and he sucks for another team.....Pace was just lucky.
If he doesnt sign Warford and he is good for another team....Pace is an idiot

Understanding that mistakes happen equals thinking Pace can do no wrong

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Nothing short of saying Pace is the worst GM in the history of the NFL will suffice for Remy.
If he signs Warford and he is good......It was a no brainer that any GM could have seen.
If he doesnt sign Warford and he sucks for another team.....Pace was just lucky.

Bringing back Cam Meredith for another shot just might make him happy but that’s all I can think of.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

So what would convince you that Pace made a mistake IN THIS SITUATION?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I usually dont do this but.......lets keep the party going
Lambert is a hack but it's not a bad take other than this. The Bear didn't sign Ifedi instead of Warford. They may have if that scenario had presented itself but that choice wasn't there when Ifedi signed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I am on record as saying Pace is an average to slightly above average GM based on how his 2018 and beyond classes perform. This is the problem with you guys. You take any criticism of Pace and exaggerate it.

The OL was the number 1 priority of most this offseason. I am simply asking what is the mechanism by which we are going to judge whether Pace succeeded at addressing. I have asked for pages now and playthrough can't even bring himself to say how he will judge whether Pace succeeded or not. Most likely because he wants an out if this blows up. There always has to be an excuse it seems.

My position is clear. If the first round busts and others he is relying on succeed and the OL plays well then I will say Pace was right and I was wrong. So I am confused if people are so convinced about Ifed, Spriggs, etc., why they are incapable of coming up with parameters to evaluate success or failure.

If I did what you claimed, you have this post to. So are you going to go on record as to how we evaluate this or are you going to be a hypocrite and refrain from doing so while accusing me of doing something I really can't do as I already boxed myself in with the bold.

The only guys that want to make excuses like you suggest above are the ones that don't want to go on record as to how they will evaluate the OL situation. That isn't me. That is playthrough and depending on your response, you.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lambert is a hack but it's not a bad take other than this. The Bear didn't sign Ifedi instead of Warford. They may have if that scenario had presented itself but that choice wasn't there when Ifedi signed.

Well Ifedi is big and can move some. The problem is he moves right past the guy he was supposed to block without actually blocking him. Then has to grab onto them to compensate.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

As a matter of fact, let me box myself in right now.

1. If Warford is signed and sucks then I was wrong and you guys were right.

2. If Warford signs and is good then Pace deserves credit.

3. If Warford signs for another team and sucks and the Bears OL is good then Pace deserves credit.

4. If Warford signs for another team and he is good but the Bears OL is also good then Pace deserves credit.

5. If Warford signs for another team and he is good and the Bears OL sucks balls then Pace deserves extreme criticism.

I have literally gone on record now and in 4 out of 5 scenarios I am admitting I was wrong.

Now are you guys going to man up and go on record in scenario 5 as I have been asking playthrough for pages and he keeps dancing like he is auditioning for dancing with the stars.

Feel free to copy and paste this thread and it is post 514. I await you and playthrough going on record. Thanks in advance.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well Ifedi is big and can move some. The problem is he moves right past the guy he was supposed to block without actually blocking him. Then has to grab onto them to compensate.
OK but nothing to do with my post. I could say Warford often doesn't get to the guy he's supposed to block on stunts and rolls and would be MR Ole' at T but that would just be some other unrelated nonsense.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
You can't have two guys on offense at positions like Daniels and Trubs who struggle to read the defense.

This is one of the smaller story lines that interests me for the 2020 season. Foles is very adept at pre-snap reads and calling or shifting pass protections at the line. Curious to see if the Bears try Daniels at C again if/when they move Foles to starter.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So what would convince you that Pace made a mistake IN THIS SITUATION?

I’m going to judge the team as a whole and not try to fixate on whether or not Pace made a mistake with Ifedi. I realize Pace is going to make mistakes and have successes. Right now winning games is all that matters.

He’s currently 20-12 with his handpicked coach coming off a massive rebuild. That is what matters to me.

If the team lays an egg this season for any reason other than being decimated by injuries, Pace and company will have earned intense scrutiny from ownership.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watching Warford on NFL network presently, in the wildcard playoff game last year ( 1/5/20) ) against Minnesota.

So far ... since i put the channel on / two offensive series ... he has looked good

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OK but nothing to do with my post. I could say Warford often doesn't get to the guy he's supposed to block on stunts and rolls and would be MR Ole' at T but that would just be some other unrelated nonsense.

I was making a joke about how terrible Ifedi has actually been in space as the article was talking about traits he has that Castillo loves. Doesnt help if those traits dont show up on the field.

As for Warford, as bad as he may be in space he still objectively speaking has been better than Ifedi on the field whether he has the traits or not.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m going to judge the team as a whole and not try to fixate on whether or not Pace made a mistake with Ifedi. I realize Pace is going to make mistakes and have successes. Right now winning games is all that matters.

He’s currently 20-12 with his handpicked coach coming off a massive rebuild. That is what matters to me.

If the team lays an egg this season for any reason other than being decimated by injuries, Pace and company will have earned intense scrutiny from ownership.

And there you have it Leon. Dodges again.

Judging the team as a whole and judging how he did with the OL are not mutually exclusive. So it is disingenuous to pretend you can only do one.

It is quite laughable to suggest you can't evaluate how he addressed the biggest need of the offseason but in any event you have my post and I am on record as being willing to credit him in 4 out of 5 situations. So let's quit with the false narrative I am being unfair to him. I am on record. You hiding behind some torturous logic that you cant evaluate him on his OL moves.

Last edited: