Sam Mustipher

msadows

Liked Posts:
That’s close. I think I’d rather have a high draft LT replace Leno and roll with Ifedi at RT if I had to choose.

If we don't take a LT in the first round(lets say we go qb), it's much easier to find a starting right tackle in the 2nd than a LT.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
That would be fine....but

It means hitting on that 1st round LEFT TACKLE and rolling him out there day 1

It means cutting and paying the price for cutting both Leno and Massie

It means paying Ifedi the going rate for fa RT

Lots of money tied up in those moves....think they roll with one of them next year (likely Leno) and cutting the other
I agree Massie will be the first to go between the two. Leno is just so damn replaceable, and he’s the LT. What a shit contract Pace handed out for him. As I said earlier, if moves could be made to clear cap, cut em both and go for Taylor Moton and a 1st or 2nd LT.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I agree Massie will be the first to go between the two. Leno is just so damn replaceable, and he’s the LT. What a shit contract Pace handed out for him. As I said earlier, if moves could be made to clear cap, cut em both and go for Taylor Moton and a 1st or 2nd LT.

Thats one of the contracts I have zero issue with pace handing out.

You can't predict the future. He was pretty damn solid(an above average LT) when he got the deal. Then he got married and knocked his woman up and since then he's been straight trash.

This whole board was happy with the signing when it happened.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Thats one of the contracts I have zero issue with pace handing out.

You can't predict the future. He was pretty damn solid(an above average LT) when he got the deal. Then he got married and knocked his woman up and since then he's been straight trash.

This whole board was happy with the signing when it happened.
Lol nice people are buying the timeline because it's fking true !!

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
So was last year, and we didnt take one till like the 7th round.
IF Pace sticks around, press has been way too vocal about the OL for him not to take an early swing at T. But, it is Ryan Pace, so ya never know.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Whitehair should be the RT. The fact he has been playing out of position for years now is why the Bears are the Bears. It’s like buying a sports car and using it to tow a boat. Interior OL should be Daniels-Mustipher-Bars for now. Cut Massie and Leno draft a tackle in the first and kick Whitehair outside.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If starting a 7th round pick is good enough at guard/center for the rams, It's good enough for us.
I've been on this forever. Nothing wrong with drafting line early but you can develop or find interior guys from later picks, UDFA.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's been a guy to watch. Clearly the line has been more organized since he took over. He's not a great individual player by any means but he makes sure everyone knows what's up and he is sufficient as a blocker from what I've seen. Will be important to see how he does to finish the season. Too bad he didn't really play against the good defenses the Bears played earlier in the season.

As of now he's a guy who I'd be comfortable competing for a starting spot next year but would also not be surprised to see the Bears bring in some cheap-medium competition for.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whitehair should be the RT. The fact he has been playing out of position for years now is why the Bears are the Bears. It’s like buying a sports car and using it to tow a boat. Interior OL should be Daniels-Mustipher-Bars for now. Cut Massie and Leno draft a tackle in the first and kick Whitehair outside.
He was the best college LT in his last year. He was projected inside due to very short arms. I really don't know how he'd do outside but I'd sure like to see it at some point. Wouldn't be the 1st short armed guy to make it work. Not sure the right side is best for him. He's solid but not a real bull. You want a big guy there and he'd need to balance mobility with weight which would limit him. He might be able to play light on the left side and get away with it. Good feet and hands.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's been a guy to watch. Clearly the line has been more organized since he took over. He's not a great individual player by any means but he makes sure everyone knows what's up and he is sufficient as a blocker from what I've seen. Will be important to see how he does to finish the season. Too bad he didn't really play against the good defenses the Bears played earlier in the season.

As of now he's a guy who I'd be comfortable competing for a starting spot next year but would also not be surprised to see the Bears bring in some cheap-medium competition for.
Leave him. Line looks coordinated for the 1st time in years.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Robinsons money can be used on a tackle. Draft another tackle rd 1 if none of the top 4 qbs are left. I really like the Purdue wr rd 2. He reminds me a little of tyreek Hill. Take a qb rd 3. Id be interested in the back up from Carolina at qb too if he is available.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was talking about this in another thread:

I thought may trading Whitehair and have the line look like this:

LT - Leno
LG - Daniels
C - Mustipher
RG - Bars
RT - Rookie

this gives us some youth and financial flexibility.
keeping Leno makes your line an epic fail. Whitehair is playing really well at LG also. Put Whitehair or daniels at RG. Ifedi is better at RT. Leno is the one that MUST go

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Mustipher is an actual center that knows how to play the position and can snap the ball consistently too. He put on 15 pounds and has been in a NFL strength program for a few years now. Once both Notre Dame lineman were inserted into the lineup, the Bears have at least looked professional up front. Coward was absolutely terrible. I think Castillo put his foot down and pushed him to the bench.

Next year, they should explore a line that has Daniels at left guard and Whitehair or Bars at RG and the other at RT. They need to draft a LT for sure. They need a better swing tackle than Spriggs too because he’s an injury waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mustipher is an actual center that knows how to play the position and can actually snap the ball consistently too. He put on 15 pounds and has been in a NFL strength program for a few years now. Once both Notre Dame lineman were inserted into the lineup, the Bears have at least looked professional up front. Coward was absolutely terrible. I think Castillo put his foot down and pushed him to the bench.

Next year, they should explore a line that has Daniels at left guard and Whitehair or Bars at RG and the other at RT. They need to draft a LT for sure. They need a better swing tackle than Spriggs too because he’s an injury waiting to happen.
I think Whitehair should stay somewhere on the left side of the line but ya, Bars and Mustipher should be rewarded if this continues.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Worst case scenario Mustipher looks like much better C depth than moving one of Whitehair or Daniels to C so that Coward can play G.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
All depends on the moves to be made. Whether they trade Fuller, Foles, etc etc. I’m not saying they will be able to, but going in for Taylor Moton and drafting a LT who is good is the dream scenario.
These are basically my thoughts, but that's only assuming a worthy left tackle is on the board when the Bears pick. I'd hate to take a player thirty selections too early because of the position they play.

Moton solves a ton of problems for the Bears. He's way better than Jack Conklin and would more than make up for making the mistake of pursuing Quinn at the expense of the offensive line last off-season.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Worst case scenario Mustipher looks like much better C depth than moving one of Whitehair or Daniels to C so that Coward can play G.
Coward is done. Bars has played well enough that he'll compete with Daniels for the starting guard spot next year while the loser of that competition takes the role of back-up/swing guard.