CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's trace Sammy's grades thus far.

Rams - 49.6
Saints - 49.6
Packers - 60
Lions - 72
Houston - 70.8

Have we not seen this story before? We have OL that can play decently against shitty defenses but struggle against the better defenses. You can quibble with PFF all you want but Bears fans continue to get fooled by OL having decent games against shitty teams. Just stop.

Whitehair has largely sucked against good players. Daniels has largely sucked against good players. We need talent across the entire OL not just tackle. Period. It isn't just magic or shitty grading that the trend is remarkably consistent that these guys grade so poorly the vast majority of time they come up against a good defense.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
One, PFF grades are largely worth nothing. Two, Mustipher was just starting his first NFL games when he faced the Saints and Rams. Three, the Saints and Rams clown basically every offensive line in the NFL. Even great players look like Rashaad Coward against Aaron Donald and Cameron Jordan.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
If a good QB prospect is out of range, then I pray they spend their first two picks on T. I would even be happy if they spend their 3rd on C as well. This team actually has pretty good talent in most positions, but OL is a massive glaring weakness. Fix it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One, PFF grades are largely worth nothing. Two, Mustipher was just starting his first NFL games when he faced the Saints and Rams. Three, the Saints and Rams clown basically every offensive line in the NFL. Even great players look like Rashaad Coward against Aaron Donald and Cameron Jordan.

Ok, let's accept PFF grades are largely worthless. It is still the case that they grade out decently against bad teams and horribly against good teams so the point still stands. If PFF is consistently grading the Bears OL terribly against largely good teams then it likely means they are terrible against good teams.

Ok, so when Mustipher plays better defenses then let's talk. Until then all he has done is play decently well against 2 shitty defenses. Further, Daniels and Whitehair got their ass handed to them by Tampa Bay and the Colts as well. So again, we have seen this all before.

Third, Miles Sanders just became the first RB to get over 100 yards against the Saints in 56 games. That is a terrible team. Jalen Hurts a rookie QB held out decently against the Saints. It is just absurd to try and blame our OL failures against good teams on "well the other team makes everyone look bad." No they fucking don't. Other teams from time to time are able to play well against the better defenses in the NFL. It is the Bears that consistently get their ass handed to them anytime they face a good D.

It is the height of stupidity to always cry about how poor the OL is but then expect to solve the OL problems on the cheap. This interior OL is soft as fuck. On a good team, Mustipher is a good backup OL not a starter.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ohh god remy is back with his page long posts.

Guys, just ignore what he says. It won't ever be positive about the bears unless we are trying to get rid of that player.

If you stop letting him vortex maybe he won't post 400000000 times.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ohh god remy is back with his page long posts.

Guys, just ignore what he says. It won't ever be positive about the bears unless we are trying to get rid of that player.

Why should it be positive when the team sucks? You meatballs love overrating marginal players.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread, this thread right here is like we found a solid center... Draft someone for this spot ANYWAY. Need to settle tackle likely get another receiver and a qb first.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Yes, I agree it needs to happen eventually, but Massie is definitely gone first.

If you could only keep one as a starter who do you keep and who do you replace in the 1st/2nd rd between Ifedi at RT abd Leno at LT?

Maybe if you really need the cap space you can draft a LT 1st or 2nd round, then draft another swing tackle in the early 3rd day to backup both KT abd RT behind Ifedi.
Damn that’s a hard choice lol

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Let's trace Sammy's grades thus far.

Rams - 49.6
Saints - 49.6
Packers - 60
Lions - 72
Houston - 70.8

Have we not seen this story before? We have OL that can play decently against shitty defenses but struggle against the better defenses. You can quibble with PFF all you want but Bears fans continue to get fooled by OL having decent games against shitty teams. Just stop.

Whitehair has largely sucked against good players. Daniels has largely sucked against good players. We need talent across the entire OL not just tackle. Period. It isn't just magic or shitty grading that the trend is remarkably consistent that these guys grade so poorly the vast majority of time they come up against a good defense.
Noted, but to be fair, I think you are overlooking the schemes/blocking assignments that have infected this whole offense for 2 1/2 years. It is especially noticeable on the OL. Most games they looked like they had no clue what the fuck was going on. That’s not lack of skill, that’s trying to make sense of schemes that are overly complicated and suck. Whitehair didn’t suddenly fall off a cliff because he forgot how to play, it’s because the schemes have been horseshit.

Lazor has done a good job simplifying things and playing to the strengths of the personnel. Just put a helmet on the guy in front of you and open up holes. As I stated,your concern about the teams played recently is noted, but you can’t deny the whole OL looks to be more in sync and coordinated. That doesn’t have anything to do with the teams they’ve faced.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
These are basically my thoughts, but that's only assuming a worthy left tackle is on the board when the Bears pick. I'd hate to take a player thirty selections too early because of the position they play.

Moton solves a ton of problems for the Bears. He's way better than Jack Conklin and would more than make up for making the mistake of pursuing Quinn at the expense of the offensive line last off-season.
It’s a very deep T class. There will be plenty of great prospects to choose from.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Noted, but to be fair, I think you are overlooking the schemes/blocking assignments that have infected this whole offense for 2 1/2 years. It is especially noticeable on the OL. Most games they looked like they had no clue what the fuck was going on. That’s not lack of skill, that’s trying to make sense of schemes that are overly complicated and suck. Whitehair didn’t suddenly fall off a cliff because he forgot how to play, it’s because the schemes have been horseshit.

Lazor has done a good job simplifying things and playing to the strengths of the personnel. Just put a helmet on the guy in front of you and open up holes. As I stated,your concern about the teams played recently is noted, but you can’t deny the whole OL looks to be more in sync and coordinated. That doesn’t have anything to do with the teams they’ve faced.

Not denying it. I am saying before we make plans for the offseason based off of playing shitty teams, lets see them do this against an actual good team.

Early in the year Bears fans were praising the OL and talking about how great Ifedi was. How did that turn out?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Not denying it. I am saying before we make plans for the offseason based off of playing shitty teams, lets see them do this against an actual good team.

Early in the year Bears fans were praising the OL and talking about how great Ifedi was. How did that turn out?
Never was a fan of Ifedi personally. But Mustipher (by all accounts) is smart and technically sound, important traits for a C. I’m a UGA fan, so like David Andrew’s when he declared. Undrafted and went to the Pats. Mustipher reminds me of him. But yes, it will be key to see how they do against strong D lines.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

No one said he was great just better than what we had last still is.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
i like the IOL on the roster for now and what we had seen the pass 3 weeks IOL wise, but like i've said we still need to find 3 OTs to bring in to the team's future.
Leno is like a fucking root canal.