SCF-6/17 Game 3: Blackhawks (1) vs Bruins (1) NBCS 7PM CST.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="201591" data-time="1371598755">
<div>

The way the Hawks are playing isn't what worries me the most, the way Task is playing does. We are having solid games ans execution but he is single handedly winning these games. That aside game 3 actually was a bad performance on the whole. We can still win but we need Rask to have an average game or two instead of standing on his head game in and game out. I just hope Crawford's exceptional performances arent lost in this. Still optimistic that we win the series, just hate to see the bad game on my birthday...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Rask is getting to much credit. Hawks aren't putting a lot of quality shots on him.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="201602" data-time="1371603512">
<div>

Rask is getting to much credit. Hawks aren't putting a lot of quality shots on him.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

They should start breaking people's ankles by intentionally shooting at shot blockers.</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
I couldn't disagree more, he's made dozens of great saves in this series. Sure we could put better shots on net but he has shut down a lot of great opportunities. If he's not in net the Hawks are 2-1 or 3-0 in this series without question.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="201607" data-time="1371603775">
<div>

I couldn't disagree more, he's made dozens of great saves in this series. Sure we could put better shots on net but he has shut down a lot of great opportunities. If he's not in net the Hawks are 2-1 or 3-0 in this series without question.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

2-1 Id definitely bite on, the game 2 first period was amazing for the hawks.  Last Night I think an AHL goalie could have kept them in it..  If there was a star goalie it was Crawford.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I know pez then you take a minor event like Smith not in warm up and explode into something it isn't, with an effect it doesn't have. Its a boring issue if you ask me. But keep talking it up as if its something to crucify Q over..you take every op to as we all know. You don't like the guy and you would even spin a way to make a player missing the net on a clear shot as something to blame Q over or no shots on the pp..which is obviously what Q is telling them to do.</p>

</p>

This Smith not in warm ups thing is a very...VERY... very very un-interesting event. Happens all the time anyways. Who gives a shit. Had no baring on the game what so ever but keep spinning it as something that did because you have an anti-Q agenda. Just like the useless hockey media have been doing.</p>

</p>

Cutest distraction away from real topics and issues of these playoffs so far. </p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is the sky done falling yet?</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="201618" data-time="1371611834">
<div>

Is the sky done falling yet?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Where's the GDT</p>

</p>

Acco... I thought you were on top of your shit?</p>

</p>

You good to go?  Need a shoulder to cry on?</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="201602" data-time="1371603512">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

he's a god because the Hawks keep shooting at his chest.</p>

</p>

Just like Mike Smith was a god last year. </p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mulevery" data-cid="201586" data-time="1371596914">

Who's Jason?</p></blockquote>

ha ha ha

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="201594" data-time="1371599044">

twitter

it knows all</p></blockquote>

It's God.

From God's mouth to twitter's twat.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="201599" data-time="1371602549">
<div>

What exactly is it you call bullshit on?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The fact that Smith knew he was going to play ahead of time. Pretty much everything Q said about "tipping his hand". There is absolutely NO reason that Smith doesn't take warmups if they knew Hossa might not be playing. None at all...</p>

</p>

Did anyone see Hossa on game day? I have no idea why the fuck he didn't play. How does a guy skate in morning skate, skate in warmups, take a shot in warmups, and then immediately go off the ice and not play? None of it checks out. It's one of the strangest things I've ever fucking seen. I don't understand at all... Something very strange with the entire situation and how it played out. He couldn't go for game 3, but now he's very likely playing in game 4?</p>

</p>

Wtf?</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
If Smith knew he was gonna play why did he have lunch with his mom and then send her home?</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="201627" data-time="1371620822">
<div>

The fact that Smith knew he was going to play ahead of time. Pretty much everything Q said about "tipping his hand". There is absolutely NO reason that Smith doesn't take warmups if they knew Hossa might not be playing. None at all...</p>

</p>

Did anyone see Hossa on game day? I have no idea why the fuck he didn't play. How does a guy skate in morning skate, skate in warmups, take a shot in warmups, and then immediately go off the ice and not play? None of it checks out. It's one of the strangest things I've ever fucking seen. I don't understand at all... Something very strange with the entire situation and how it played out. He couldn't go for game 3, but now he's very likely playing in game 4?</p>

</p>

Wtf?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Although it does seem strange, what do you think is the conspiracy? No coach would pull one of their best players to gain a "psychological advantage" </p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Even if he knew he MIGHT play, his mom is there attending the game... He's also taking warmups. You don't intentionally leave your #1 replacement out of warmups to prevent "tipping your hand". What does that even mean, when you're playing Smith instead of Hossa? I mean, what the fuck adjustment does Boston need to make if Smith is playing instead of Hossa? It's ludicrous.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="201629" data-time="1371622147">
<div>

Although it does seem strange, what do you think is the conspiracy? No coach would pull one of their best players to gain a "psychological advantage" </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Conspiracy? No. I don't think the Hawks are being honest about the situation. Hossa not playing, based on the smell and sight test, appears to be an absolute last minute decision. I don't think the Hawks had any idea he might not play. I have no idea what happened in warmups that he couldn't go, but everything we have heard just doesn't make sense. If there is ANY chance that Smith is playing, and Hossa is not...</p>

</p>

1) Smith has his mom attending the game, instead of having lunch with her and her going back home. It's the fucking Stanley Cup Finals, and if there's a chance he's going to play, his mom is going to be there.</p>

2) Smith takes warmups. He has taken warmups before in the playoffs. The bullshit about "tipping our hand" is just that. Bullshit. You have a guy that hasn't played a game in months skip the warmups before a game in the Stanley Cup Finals to keep from "tipping your hand"? Come on... Who buys that shit?</p>

3) Smith follows the pre-game routine that the rest of the team follows. Team lunch, afternoon nap, etc. According to Sharp, that didn't happen, and the entire situation was surprising.</p>

</p>

Nothing the Hawks or the coach have claimed checks out... Seriously, I want to know why Hossa didn't play... I mean, did he tear a fucking muscle taking that wrist shot? Is his vertigo acting up? I just don't understand.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From the grassy knoll it was said he has a neck injury.</p>

</p>

</p>

I do agree the way it went down seems a little weird. Could it be Q thought because its the cup final that Hoss would tough it out, so no need to have Smith warm up?</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Could it be....that it was actually Hossa at the last minute saying he can't go?  Leaving the Q to make the decision last minute to give Smith the chance?  I mean....his mommy coulnd't even attend the game for crying out loud.</p>

</p>

I know...Q is the devils incarnate....has no idea what he's doing....yet has always been a players coach.</p>

</p>

By him saying it was "planned all along"....and sat him for warmups as a strategy.....who does that take all the pressure/questions off of?  Hossa.</p>

</p>

By Q saying that.... critics sit around and bash Q (because they need to find reasons to....feeds the anger)- while leaving Hossa off the hook.  Hossa isn't in front of cameras as much as Toews, Kane, Sharp.....I doubt the guy likes that.  Q deflects everything away from the player, and puts it on himself.  Did the same with Stalberg early on...when first reported Vik was unhappy/had issues with being off the PP...then that story went away and it all became about Q.  Coincidence...pattern?</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201635" data-time="1371648715">
<div>

Could it be....that it was actually Hossa at the last minute saying he can't go?  Leaving the Q to make the decision last minute to give Smith the chance?  I mean....his mommy coulnd't even attend the game for crying out loud.</p>

</p>

I know...Q is the devils incarnate....has no idea what he's doing....yet has always been a players coach.</p>

</p>

By him saying it was "planned all along"....and sat him for warmups as a strategy.....who does that take all the pressure/questions off of?  Hossa.</p>

</p>

By Q saying that.... critics sit around and bash Q (because they need to find reasons to....feeds the anger)- while leaving Hossa off the hook.  Hossa isn't in front of cameras as much as Toews, Kane, Sharp.....I doubt the guy likes that.  Q deflects everything away from the player, and puts it on himself.  Did the same with Stalberg early on...when first reported Vik was unhappy/had issues with being off the PP...then that story went away and it all became about Q.  Coincidence...pattern?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

It was Hossa's decision.  Anyone hear Amonte rip the shit out of him.  Talking about his low pain thresh hold.  I think they knew it was "possible" he wouldn't play but didn't KNOW he wouldn't play.</p>

</p>

Sassone said something about Hossa's hip due to a cross check.  Hossa skated in warm ups I thought.</p>

</p>

Either way the speculation is god damn funny.   </p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I heard the same thing...about the "possible" he may not be able to go...but the fact he didn't kind of took a few people by surprise</p>