Schmitz: Getsy Made it Obvious

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If this was a game of Texas Poker, Getsy basically had his cards face up the entire game.

And yes, Claypool, Fields & Davis were all terrible. Wright’s debut had predictable struggles but also showed potential. Dude will be a baller by the end of the year. I wonder if they try to move him to the left side in the long run and put/try Jones at RT.

On the flip side, Williams doesn’t have to tip his plays. He’s just vanilla and has zero scheming abilities. His best fit might be on a high school team.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If this was a game of Texas Poker, Getsy basically had his cards face up the entire game.

And yes, Claypool, Fields & Davis were all terrible. Wright’s debut had predictable struggles but also showed potential. Dude will be a baller by the end of the year. I wonder if they try to move him to the left side in the long run and put/try Jones at RT.

On the flip side, Williams doesn’t have to tip his plays. He’s just vanilla and has zero scheming abilities. His best fit might be on a high school team.
Why would Jones move? He was the best OLman on Sunday and mostly shut down his opponent throughout the day.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
At this point I think you could bring in the best minds in the NFL to call plays in Chicago and they'd fail. Chicago football is just cursed, I'm going to contact my psychic today and have a tarot reading why this is so. I will update you guys soon.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At this point I think you could bring in the best minds in the NFL to call plays in Chicago and they'd fail. Chicago football is just cursed, I'm going to contact my psychic today and have a tarot reading why this is so. I will update you guys soon.
Only allowed in B&I. Thanks

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Would rather they leave Darnell at RT and draft / sign Braxton’s replacement at LT.

Then again if we have to replace Justin we may have bigger fish to fry.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
He had 3 penalties and struggled; 1 was declined.
He definitely needs to clean up the penalties but outside of that he far from struggled. He was closer to dominant in his assignments (at least pass blocking) than struggling. His holding when fields rolled out to his side was just lack of awareness fields was coming that way as he had good hand position and just needs to release. His holding on the run was pretty close to just being a pancake.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Also in regards to the part about fields somebody is overly compensating. He’s right that Fields is being coached to take less sacks and turn the ball over less because that was the next step for him in his development… but I think he, or Getsy, or probably both, are now over compensating.

Maybe he will find the middle ground in time.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Davis was fine in the pass game, didn't get to rewatch his run snaps. Jones as well. Claypool sucked, looks like a complete bust. Fields and Getsy need to rethink everything in a hurry. Fields has to start throwing guys open, or this will be his last year here.

Anyone can see that Williams is brutal.

The dabearsblog guy doesn't know enough about football to be linked as some kind of authority here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He definitely needs to clean up the penalties but outside of that he far from struggled. He was closer to dominant in his assignments (at least pass blocking) than struggling. His holding when fields rolled out to his side was just lack of awareness fields was coming that way as he had good hand position and just needs to release. His holding on the run was pretty close to just being a pancake.
One hold was to save Fields' ass and not necessarily his fault. just didn't get away with it like often happens in a scrum. It was not a good game but wasn't bad either. I wouldn't have minded Wright doing the same on one of those.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How many "goal to go" downs was DJ Moore in the game? I remember the Bears getting into the red zone, seeing the Bears line up, and my first thought was "Find DJ Moore", and he was not on the field.

Before we even get to talking about how anyone played, I was very concerned about personnel, gameplan, and playcalling. And I always tend to harp on coaches putting players in a position to succeed. I don't think Getsy or Williams did that on Sunday.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
How many "goal to go" downs was DJ Moore in the game? I remember the Bears getting into the red zone, seeing the Bears line up, and my first thought was "Find DJ Moore", and he was not on the field.

Before we even get to talking about how anyone played, I was very concerned about personnel, gameplan, and playcalling. And I always tend to harp on coaches putting players in a position to succeed. I don't think Getsy or Williams did that on Sunday.
0. They had Tyler Scott on the field instead

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
no need to moves jones, he had a few penalties but looked much improved against the bull rush, once he settles in he should be fine...wright also looked solid and will continue to get better...davis looked like trash and i guess thats expected when your out for camp and preseason...hopefully its just rust and he can be the player we saw on the titans...
as for fields, he's still a problem and all this talk of fields being able to call his own plays sounds like bullshit because it that were true, he would have checked out of some of poorly called plays by getsy...fans were worried getsy would get head coaching jobs? lol he'll be fighting to save his job after this season if things dont work out. same goes for williams...he made zero adjustments and hung the secondary out to dry allowing love to sit back and take his sweet time...this is all on flus and he needs to either get move involved in the offensive gameplan and babysit williams with the defensive gameplan and make actual adjustments.
if teams havent figured it out already, fields sucks against zone and until he shows he can throw with anticipation

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Davis was fine in the pass game, didn't get to rewatch his run snaps. Jones as well. Claypool sucked, looks like a complete bust. Fields and Getsy need to rethink everything in a hurry. Fields has to start throwing guys open, or this will be his last year here.

Anyone can see that Williams is brutal.

The dabearsblog guy doesn't know enough about football to be linked as some kind of authority here.
The owner of DBB is some sort of putz that says he is an insider. Schmitz is a recent hire that actually reviews tape. 2 different people.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That’s very Nagy-like. Remember when Nagy ran 4 verticals in the red zone @ LAR in 2020 and didn’t have Jimmy Graham on the field? Instead he had 4 midgets and Coke Kmet run a very short stop route. Brilliant playcalling.

Rise

Liked Posts:
You hire cowards who won’t rock the boat they are going to coach and call games like cowards. “Don’t make a mistake, don’t practice you might get hurt, don’t run you might get hurt, just take the check down, be a game manager.” So tired of this shit, sell the team!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The owner of DBB is some sort of putz that says he is an insider. Schmitz is a recent hire that actually reviews tape. 2 different people.
That guy is fine, he's not wrong but everything he said is pretty obvious imo. He doesn't even mention Davis's play or Williams at all though.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

the whole stadium knew they were going to run a sneak on 4th and1/2 yd simply by looking at the formation, Fields didn't have a prayer to make it

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Exactly. People can blame Fields for this game, because they have and they will, but when you take a deeper look, I think you see something similar to what you did with Nagy. Fields is on the list of problems, but he isn't near the top. We keep throwing new QBs at a problem that isn't the QB's fault and wondering why every QB "isn't the guy".

I'm also seeing another Nagy-esque trait. Last season, Getsy tried to make Justin Fields be Joe Montana. He's not, so he didn't look good. Getsy changed the offense and suddenly Fields becomes a budding star. Now week 1 it feels like he tried to turn Fields into someone else. I don't know. It didn't feel right. None of it did. The short passes were fine for the first few passes, but then we should start seeing some variety, and it feels like we never did.