Series 'G' - Phoenix vs Chicago

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Theyre CST... at least I know mine are, LOL

Nope...they are CDT...

Also, doesn't CSN broadcast all the first round games (and maybe second round)? They have in the past...

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope...they are CDT...

Also, doesn't CSN broadcast all the first round games (and maybe second round)? They have in the past...

I believe CSN will get the away games for the first round?

bierboy

Liked Posts:
CST since it was in the Sun Times they came from.

No no no....CDT

And I see I was correct; all the games in the first round WILL be on CSN...

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=626694&navid=DL|CHI|home

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Games 1-5 are on my non coaching nights. What a awesome schedulings.

If there is a 6-7, I'm going to have to jump right off the ice for Buffalo Wild Wings...

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't I hear that NBC Sports will be showing games every night?

And CNBC and NHL Network... basically every single playoff game will be televised nationally which is nice compared to years past when it was only 2 channels broadcasting.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
How about this... if STL, CHI, VAN all win their series... It will be Nucks/Hawks again.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
How about this... if STL, CHI, VAN all win their series... It will be Nucks/Hawks again.

IF....

I just don't see Vancouver coming out of that series alive, not without both the Sisters.

And if that's the case and we beat Phoenix.... I think the Kings could bruise and batter them enough that the Canucks will get eliminated in the 2nd round by us. How fun would that be?

equator180

Liked Posts:
All we need to do is plug the holes between the posts! This is the weakest link and Phoenix is not going to be a pushover. They have good goaltending and special teams...if we do it, it is going to take some luck and 7 games.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Anybody can have unbelievable goaltending for a series. It's not the problem with the Hawks.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't consider this to be an easy matchup. Hawks take it in 6 or 7 if Smith steals a game, which he very likely can. But there is still a good chance that Phoenix wins this only on Smith doing a repeat performance of Halak a couple of years ago. Eitherway the Hawks will have their work cut out for them. I foresee much frustration the coming weeks.

supraman

Liked Posts:
All we need to do is plug the holes between the posts! This is the weakest link and Phoenix is not going to be a pushover. They have good goaltending and special teams...if we do it, it is going to take some luck and 7 games.

yes yes yes we know all you new people hate Crawford and Emery.

I don't consider this to be an easy matchup. Hawks take it in 6 or 7 if Smith steals a game, which he very likely can. But there is still a good chance that Phoenix wins this only on Smith doing a repeat performance of Halak a couple of years ago. Eitherway the Hawks will have their work cut out for them. I foresee much frustration the coming weeks.

Can I still hope for a Mike Smith mental collapse like he did in Tampa?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The good: We made it into the playoffs and the later games will be nice.

The bad: Vs has to have the 1st two.

The ugly: Mike Smith's hairdo.

That being said, I predict there will be at least 1 game where Smith turns into a 5'x9' cinderblock wall, and another game where our D leaves Dr. Craw out to dry. The boys had better be ready. Dr. Craw needs to play as if he has no D in front of him, and our skaters need to plat smart in our own end, and keep it simple. In the attacking end we have to keep it dirty and ugly--don't look for the perfect shot and I shouldn't matter if it is Jonathan Toews or Jamal Mayers--no one being iced is too good for an ugly goal.

Oh, and we need to get the powerplay going. How about every time we fail on a powerplay Kitchen gets the upside of 15kV across the nipples?

tvltre

Liked Posts:
The Yotes don't bother me as much as some other teams in the west. Smith again is one guy. The rest of the Yotes have to really step up. Since both of these teams PP squads suck...this game will be won 5 on 5. I can't see the yotes toping the Hawks in a 7 game series 5 on 5. The depth on the Hawks is deeper than the little dogs out in the desert.

Hawks in 5