Series 'G' - Phoenix vs Chicago

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And CNBC and NHL Network... basically every single playoff game will be televised nationally which is nice compared to years past when it was only 2 channels broadcasting.

if the earlier game on NBCSN goes into overtime and bleeds into the Hawks/Yotes start time, NBC better let us watch the game (or at least the start of it on CNBC or another of their affiliates or CSN).

I want to see the Hawks games in their ENTIRETY and not miss the first 10 minutes, or the first period, etc;, due to the earlier NBCSN game going into OT.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
if the earlier game on NBCSN goes into overtime and bleeds into the Hawks/Yotes start time, NBC better let us watch the game (or at least the start of it on CNBC or another of their affiliates or CSN).

I want to see the Hawks games in their ENTIRETY and not miss the first 10 minutes, or the first period, etc;, due to the earlier NBCSN game going into OT.

The thing that pisses me off about this is that since they are all nationally broadcast, that pretty much nixes GCL/Center Ice as a feed for the games. Yeah, sure, let's tell all of our fans that they need to waste money on 100-300 channels they'll never watch just to catch a game legally. I'm hoping that there's a NBC online feed for these--I seem to recall there being one for Hockey Day in America.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing that pisses me off about this is that since they are all nationally broadcast, that pretty much nixes GCL/Center Ice as a feed for the games. Yeah, sure, let's tell all of our fans that they need to waste money on 100-300 channels they'll never watch just to catch a game legally. I'm hoping that there's a NBC online feed for these--I seem to recall there being one for Hockey Day in America.

Yep, I watched the Hawks online at NHL.COM on HDIA. Hopefully, they'll send you to CNBC or another NBC affiliate to pick up the start of the game if the first NBCSN game goes into OT.

If not, I'll be pissed.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah...In some ways, I think the NHL could try and use online as a new distribution medium since they'll play 3rd banana to the 3 other sportls leagues--as long as they get the proper contracts in place. Hell, I know for the simple fact that I go through Comcast, I get live feeds from ESPN 2 or 3 online or through my Xbox Live ESPN feeds (which provides a good chunk of Soccer games, even though the Timbers as as good as the 'hawks at holding leads...but i digress).

I just think at this point is is really bad business practice if any sports league is basically telling the consumer "Hey, you're paying $20 per month for GCL, now, pay an extra 30-70 bucks a month for a bunch of shit with all of the games you *CAN'T* watch on GCL." And they wonder why sites like ATDHE are so popular. Do the math, people.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Well I am a little worried about Mike Smith since only allowing 2 goals in five games. Other then him not so much worried about the team since they seem to have the blue print of a trap game which I think will be a boring series.

BUT, its Phonix and 90 % is chicagoins second home, I would think Half of the stadium will be Hawks fans. Which would be a tremendous boost for the Hawks, it would literly be home ice for us.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Well I am a little worried about Mike Smith since only allowing 2 goals in five games. Other then him not so much worried about the team since they seem to have the blue print of a trap game which I think will be a boring series.

BUT, its Phonix and 90 % is chicagoins second home, I would think Half of the stadium will be Hawks fans. Which would be a tremendous boost for the Hawks, it would literly be home ice for us.

And I have seen Mike Smith have a mental collapse make Huet look like a stable individual.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
And I have seen Mike Smith have a mental collapse make Huet look like a stable individual.

lol, I honestly can't say I have seen Mike Smith Play when he was with Tampa, come to think of it, I was like who is Mike Smith when I first saw if this year, Lets just hope your correct.

R K

Lines in practice today

88-19-81

10-16-25

29-36-65

15-22-52

PP Lines

88-19-81

10-7

15-16-65

2-27

Anyone still want to predict #19 isn't ready?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lines in practice today

88-19-81

10-16-25

29-36-65

15-22-52

PP Lines

88-19-81

10-7

15-16-65

2-27

I thought Kaner didn't play the left side and Stalberg was LW only...

If those lines work I like. A lot. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing Stalberg on the PP.

R K

I think at this point Pat can play everywhere. It's hossa that doesn't play the Left and or won't. Might has well throw Kaner there they've thrown him every where else.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey if Kane's willing and it works, that line will be deadly...as long as they're willing to shoot and not wait for the perfect lane.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
lol, I honestly can't say I have seen Mike Smith Play when he was with Tampa, come to think of it, I was like who is Mike Smith when I first saw if this year, Lets just hope your correct.

he was good in Dallas, was part of the Brad Richards trade sending him to Tampa where he played average.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Lines in practice today

88-19-81

10-16-25

29-36-65

15-22-52

PP Lines

88-19-81

10-7

15-16-65

2-27

pretty sure those are the lines I suggested lol. Though with 22 EV Goals, and 43 EV points, I don't know why Stalberg isn't even experimented with on the PP. his speed might help us get in past the blueline.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think at this point Pat can play everywhere. It's hossa that doesn't play the Left and or won't. Might has well throw Kaner there they've thrown him every where else.

Shooting from the left side didn't hurt him against Philly.
<

R K

well typically you want a right handed shot on the left, but that said, he can be successful anywhere he goes IMO.

A month ago some of our stupid fans wanted to trade him for Nash.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
well typically you want a right handed shot on the left, but that said, he can be successful anywhere he goes IMO.

A month ago some of our stupid fans wanted to trade him for Nash.

And Ryan Miller. lol

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
most goalies would have stopped that shot
Luongo.jpg

How bout this one from the left side?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhMUV8WGF90[/media]

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I imagine without Kane our team would be playing Golf right now.

no shit. Especially when you consider Crow's play down the stretch, we would have lost a franchise winger, and gained a goalie who played just as well as the one we already had!