Series 'G' - Phoenix vs Chicago

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I remember when that lottery happened, And I just fucking knew.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
who shouldve gotten the #1 pick then? I dont rememeber what team had a worse record and most chance to win the lottery

also, i too am surprised at how much everyone just keep ignoring Chicago as a possible winner of the series. Like the media usually does, despite our really awesome finish to the season without Toews, theyre all over Mike Smith because finally he's good and how Phoenix deserved to win because they never have as the Coyotes. Stupid, not at all expert, commentary. Just hopeful for a feel-good story.

R K

who shouldve gotten the #1 pick then? I dont rememeber what team had a worse record and most chance to win the lottery

also, i too am surprised at how much everyone just keep ignoring Chicago as a possible winner of the series. Like the media usually does, despite our really awesome finish to the season without Toews, theyre all over Mike Smith because finally he's good and how Phoenix deserved to win because they never have as the Coyotes. Stupid, not at all expert, commentary. Just hopeful for a feel-good story.

The Hawks!

They fixed it Kane!

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:

Technically Pittsburgh. They finished with 58 points. We should have had #2 with 59 points (instead we had 7th pick) and Anaheim (76 points) should have gotten 9th pick instead of 2nd. Montreal got 5th pick (93 points) instead of 18th pick. The whole draft was bullshit.

Bobby Ryan or Carey Price would have looked a lot better than Jack Skille.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
oh and Vancouver got the 10th pick dispite winning their division.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
The Hawks!

They fixed it Kane!

if we won that year though, we likely wouldn't have gotten Toews. I'm happier with Toews.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hawks 7. Knock of the rust, meld the new lines, get eveyrone back up to speed.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
For this game.

Q has been the coach for 4 years now. The players know what to expect as far as new lines every period if they haven't scored.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
I agree, i like Toews better than either going for Ryan or taking a chance on Kopitar as the #2 in '05.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yup, just remember two things. The NHL Owns the Yotes. And Raffi Torres plays for the Yotes.

First period Bollig goes right at Torres. Has Torres been as big of a dick with the yotes as he was with Van ?

supraman

Liked Posts:
Am I missing something in here? Every preview I read of this series in news outlets is pretty much giving this series to Phoenix. Could phoenix win? Absolutely. I am just astonished at all the people acting like they are just going to stroll right over the blackhawks.

Hey remember the last time we were the underdogs? Yeah we went to the WCFs.

Do I sadly give the edge to phoenix? Yeah but I think it is going to be close. If we can make it out of the first round I think our odds improve with the remainder of the west (less it is Nashville then we be fucked)

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the NHL Network's western conference playoff show last night, the mostly were picking the Hawks to win.

Jamie McLellan, Kelly freakin' Chase.....

R K

Do I sadly give the edge to phoenix? Yeah but I think it is going to be close. If we can make it out of the first round I think our odds improve with the remainder of the west (less it is Nashville then we be fucked)

If the Hawks don't ROLL the Yotes I will be extremely disappointed in them. The talent level and experience is no where near close.

R K

On the NHL Network's western conference playoff show last night, the mostly were picking the Hawks to win.

Jamie McLellan, Kelly freakin' Chase.....

Sure because now they know JT's return is like TOMORROW!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Q has been the coach for 4 years now. The players know what to expect as far as new lines every period if they haven't scored.
Thanks for confirming what I said.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:

I agree with you on if moving past the first round, I think we can end up in the finals. Melrose has us in the finals against the Pitt. Which was my theory coming into this season. BUT I don't like the smell of this series, something smells rotten and I see Bettman written all over it to save this unwanted franchise. If I see any indacation of a false series waying in on the Yots, I will never call the NHL a sport, but charity case.

oohhh and Edmonton wins the #1 pick again..three years in a row.....hmmmmmm.