Seriously Now, Who Cried.... Tell the story.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I wasn't going to do it. I held it off, I was all good. Then JR got choked up and I lost it. I finally broke down, I didn't think I was as emotionally invest, but IHN. I'm a fan. And I love my hawks. I cried. Just a little.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
I lost it at the moment I saw Huet and Niemi go nuts. Haven't cried in 5 years, made it through 2 funerals without crying, I did it, and I don't feel bad at all. Fucking awesome.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]I lost it at the moment I saw Huet and Niemi go nuts. Haven't cried in 5 years, made it through 2 funerals without crying, I did it, and I don't feel bad at all. Fucking awesome.[/quote]

God bless you good sir. Greet them for all of us at O'hare.

bri

Liked Posts:
I cried like a little girl. They were tears of joy for everyone who has waited a lifetime for this.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
I didn't quite cry, but came pretty damn close when Toews picked up the Cup and came even closer when he handed it to Hossa.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="phranchk"]I didn't quite cry, but came pretty damn close when Toews picked up the Cup and came even closer when he handed it to Hossa.[/quote]

3rd times a charm. Even though he didn't light up the score sheet per se, He took a lot of pressure and focus off of others because you just can't leave him alone or forget about him.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When I saw the puck go between Leighton's legs.

Absolute tears of joy.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
[quote name="klemmer"]When I saw the puck go between Leighton's legs.

Absolute tears of joy.[/quote]

Did you see it on the original shot? I certainly didn't know it was a goal till Kane was at the other end celebrating.

Weirdest game winning goal in a SCF ever.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="phranchk"]

Did you see it on the original shot? I certainly didn't know it was a goal till Kane was at the other end celebrating.

Weirdest game winning goal in a SCF ever.[/quote]

NBC had a god awful angle.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I am still droping tears. Every little thing is making me ball.

I right made a river when Sopel almost started crying. When guys like Sopel who have been in the league so long and who have given it their best even though they are not superstar quality players lift a cup for the first time? Amazing.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was watching at the bar at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in Disney. I tried to hold my composure, but I ended up sobbing in my wife's arms. I'm a pussy, but I don't care!

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="phranchk"]

Weirdest game winning goal in a SCF ever.[/quote]

Yep on both counts. There was an opening and Leighton's body language gave it away.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
i admit i didn't cry, but my dad was getting choked up, but he's a big baby,lol

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

NBC had a god awful angle.[/quote]

Stu, LOVE your new Sig. I'm very proud.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
gosh, reading all your responses, i feel a little moist in the corners of my eyes..especially thinking about players like sopel winning it, the unnamed warriors who lay it out every night and rarely get props for it. seriously, sopel fucking rocked this playoffs and in the finals and should get his dues.

howcho

Liked Posts:
I was on the edge, and still being a Roenick fan, the bastard made me tear up when he told his story.

FlyChicaga

Liked Posts:
I was walking through the airline terminal in uniform, listening on my iPhone... just got upstairs and heard the call by Weideman. I started to tear up, and did my best to hold it together. Now I'm in a hotel, and letting it go. I had to listen on the radio until I lost signal around Kansas City.

I can't wait to get home tomorrow, watch the game and all the festivities on the DVR. I WISH I COULD BE THERE!!!

I was in Indianapolis when the Sox won the World Series. Now in Wichita when the Hawks won the Cup. FML.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="howcho"]I was on the edge, and still being a Roenick fan, the bastard made me tear up when he told his story.[/quote]

Bingo... right there with you my friend.

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was totally good until JR teared up.

It was his play that made me a Hawks fan in '91.