Seriously Now, Who Cried.... Tell the story.

maryo

Liked Posts:
anyone who didn't cry, regardless of gender, should turn in all their hawks gear. now.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Still welling up a bit reading these boards and letting everything still sink in. The parade tomorrow is going to be nuts. I'm honestly sitting here unable to functionally doing things.

LaurenNMU

Liked Posts:
I got teary eyed for sure, I was keeping my composure because i don't like to cry in front of other people but when I looked over at my dad I couldn't help it

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didnt cry, but I had to go to the store and get some tums and ibuprofin. The anxiety destroyed my stomache. After the game when I was in awe, I stood up and my stomache was killing me, it felt like I tore an intestine.

But it didnt stop me from looking like the joker for the remainder of the evening with an ear to ear grin plastered to my face.

HawksLady84

Liked Posts:
I watched the game surrounded by family in my living room. I was sitting in my every game seat next to my dad. He's a six time cancer survivor at the age of 51. When he goes through treatment we spend many a day looking down on the uc from hospital rooms at rush. We often talked about the "old days" to pass the time...hiding my radio from my parents when I was supposed to be sleeping....listening to games in the garage while he worked on whatever project...rocking the jr jersey in 92 and not understanding why they couldn't stop the pens...what we wouldn't give to have the hawks back, really back, one more time....

I cried a little when, on the night of game 1, after dropping half a paycheck because there was no way I would allow him to NOT be in that building, we walked into that same east end we used to stare down at from the hospital. I let a few hidden tears slip, shocked and in awe that he fought his way to 2010. But last night was a different story.

Yesterday he had what is potentially cancer number 7 dug out of his chin. He sat next to me with a new pain med script and a set of fresh stitches. So you can imagine what happened when I looked at him after seeing Kane start to skip down the ice. His jaw was on the floor. His eyes, which I have never seen cry, were glazed with tears. He was shaking his head and mouthing what I assume were supposed to be words but were totally soundless. I couldn't hold it together. I lost it. Not sobbing, but giant tears just pouring down my face. When Toews lifted the cup like a little school kid, giggling and yelling, neither of us could keep from deleriously laughing. I can not think of any moment from my 25 years when I literally experienced every possible physical manifestation of emotion at the same time, literally laughing, crying, shaking, all at the same time. I can't describe it in any other way than by saying it was simply incredible. I will never forget that single moment in time. No one else existed in the world except me, my dad, and those warriors in white.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's to hoping that your dad continues to kick cancers's ass.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
To be honest, I was actually sort of in shock after Kane scored. I mean the puck like disappeared.

Watching the Hawks storm the ice, I just stared at the television.....like it was a dream.

Then JR did his postgame segment and it hit me.

And I cried.

And I don't care. Like Klemmer and some others here, the wait has been really, REALLY long.....and painful (for me, 71 was the worst).

So I'll be a sissy........but a really happy and proud one.

Thank you Hawks.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
[quote name="HawksLady84"]I watched the game surrounded by family in my living room. I was sitting in my every game seat next to my dad. He's a six time cancer survivor at the age of 51. When he goes through treatment we spend many a day looking down on the uc from hospital rooms at rush. We often talked about the "old days" to pass the time...hiding my radio from my parents when I was supposed to be sleeping....listening to games in the garage while he worked on whatever project...rocking the jr jersey in 92 and not understanding why they couldn't stop the pens...what we wouldn't give to have the hawks back, really back, one more time....

I cried a little when, on the night of game 1, after dropping half a paycheck because there was no way I would allow him to NOT be in that building, we walked into that same east end we used to stare down at from the hospital. I let a few hidden tears slip, shocked and in awe that he fought his way to 2010. But last night was a different story.

Yesterday he had what is potentially cancer number 7 dug out of his chin. He sat next to me with a new pain med script and a set of fresh stitches. So you can imagine what happened when I looked at him after seeing Kane start to skip down the ice. His jaw was on the floor. His eyes, which I have never seen cry, were glazed with tears. He was shaking his head and mouthing what I assume were supposed to be words but were totally soundless. I couldn't hold it together. I lost it. Not sobbing, but giant tears just pouring down my face. When Toews lifted the cup like a little school kid, giggling and yelling, neither of us could keep from deleriously laughing. I can not think of any moment from my 25 years when I literally experienced every possible physical manifestation of emotion at the same time, literally laughing, crying, shaking, all at the same time. I can't describe it in any other way than by saying it was simply incredible. I will never forget that single moment in time. No one else existed in the world except me, my dad, and those warriors in white.[/quote]

I hope your dad enjoys this more than any Hawk fan. He deserves all the joy and happiness possible.

Bhawks35

Liked Posts:
I might have.. but I was wearing my Tony O mask at the time... so I will never tell.

wetcoasthawk65

Liked Posts:
I didn't cry last night, I thought I would. I cry at a lot of things. I was wondering all day yesterday if I would cry if the Hawks were to win last night. Reading some of these posts is making me tear up though. You guys all rule, I'm happy for all of us right now.

JTalarico328

Liked Posts:
I didn't cry initially; I celebrated and hugged everyone and then headed out to some local bars. Got home around 1, and after watching the Roenick clip, and ESPECIALLY the CBC montage, I COMPLETELY lost it. Cried on and off until 5am. But it really first happened when the music slowed down of the CBC video and it showed Kane scoring and the bench clearing and everyone hoisting the cup.

Still unbelievable. They fucking did it.

HawksLady84

Liked Posts:
Thank for the thoughts and kind words everyone. My dad is a warrior, for sure, and I am thankful that I was able to share last night with him.

I do hope that the players realize what they have done for this fan base as a whole. It goes so far beyond "it's been a long time" and I hope that they know that. I hope they're aware so that they can take pride in doing for us so much more than just giving us bragging rights and good stories. I can't articulate my thoughts and feelings right now....but I just hope they know.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="HawksLady84"]Thank for the thoughts and kind words everyone. My dad is a warrior, for sure, and I am thankful that I was able to share last night with him.

I do hope that the players realize what they have done for this fan base as a whole. It goes so far beyond "it's been a long time" and I hope that they know that. I hope they're aware so that they can take pride in doing for us so much more than just giving us bragging rights and good stories. I can't articulate my thoughts and feelings right now....but I just hope they know.[/quote]

Touching story. You made me cry all over again.

Your dad, what a battler! :clap:

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
I didn't cry but for the last 15 year or so (after the Roenick, Chelios, Belfour era) i came close to crying every year as each team won the Cup just thinking that I may never see my favorite team do that in my lifetime.

Then those years of not even making the playoffs were extremely painful and I was so jealous watching other fans at playoffs games and constantly thinking they don't know how lucky they are. While simultaneously thinking that Dollar Bill would never die and the greatest game on earth would suffer in eternity in this great sports town.

What makes this extra special for me is the organization, and I'm specifically thinking of Rocky, McDonough, Scotty and Q. IMHO, Scotty is the real key and I don't think people understand his role enough.

-5Minutes

HawksFan1988

Liked Posts:
The CBC montage again this year was AWESOME.

Great song.

That definitely made me cry when I watched it.

I also cried when I hear Weideman's radio call.