Seriously Now, Who Cried.... Tell the story.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did.

It took a while for me to stop.

In public no less.

gottalooksharp

Liked Posts:
I was the ONLY Hawks fan at my packed-to-the-brim Chickie's and Pete's. I didn't know what had really happened until they started flying off the bench. Then I still didn't believe it. Then they showed the goal going in. And I thought it was under review. Then I realized it wasn't. My friend took a great picture of me staring in disbelief at the screen. Then I started crying like a sissy. This one was personal.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wow, Roenick got a lot of people going, glad I wasn't the only one. I Love him, I despise him slightly, but in the end I wish it could have been him yet glad it was our boys.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="the canadian dream"]I am still droping tears. Every little thing is making me ball.

I right made a river when Sopel almost started crying. When guys like Sopel who have been in the league so long and who have given it their best even though they are not superstar quality players lift a cup for the first time? Amazing.[/quote]

That's when I started crying, when Sopes hoisted the cup.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
JR, you emotional little baby

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yNmnViwZ7U[/youtube]

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I have no issues with JR's emotions. I believe he loves Chicago 100%.

Ray Ferraro stated he can not watch the cup being passed around as it is to heavy of a feeling for him as a player that never got to lift the cup. He leaves and doesn't watch after the cup gets presented to the captain. I would think this isn't a rare feeling amoung ex nhlers.

JR is showing envy and he would admit that as he is also showing shear happiness for his ex club where he had his best hockey years. Like he says watching it probably reminds him of the cup final against the Pens. Has to to be tough.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="roshinaya"]JR, you emotional little baby

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yNmnViwZ7U[/youtube][/quote]

God I suck, I don't think I'll ever be able to watch that again without a few moist droplets seeping out. I just want to know who that kid was 18 years ago that was crying as he came off the Ice. I'm just going to go ahead and say it was Jako.

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
I balled like a baby....hell I am sitting here at work, in my damn uniform and I am tearing up. Pussy. I have my kid's kindergarten graduation this afternoon too....I am going to lose my man card.

JR's crying, and explanation why, pretty much summed it up for all of us long time fans. And what Milbury did for JR was classy. Pulled him completely out of the asshat category wit me, and put him into the "not such a bad dude aftter all" category. He started off bad with the I never won it but I aint crying to the things he said about JRs career and he can hold his head up high, I pthought it was classy.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Didn't cry last night (thought I would). But this morning I'm a blubbering idiot. Reading all this good stuff, watching the CSN post game encore this morning, seeing it on the front page, above the fold in our local sport section (which is amazing in this market)....I'm just stunned. I woke up this morning after only about 5 hours sleep wondering if I had dreamed it.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
For those who think they'll lose their mancard --- don't. Crying is ok right now.... The longest streak of heartaches is over.

Crying always happens in these things, because everyone knows this is the toughest sport to win.... and in this sport, everyone works their hardest to achieve this moment. Its hard to believe that this all happened, but I'm glad it came out the right way.

I admit, I did shed tears of joy, too... I was at Crew, seeing the goal scored, I jumped up and ran around like an idiot looking for a hug with everyone else... I know I started crying when Toews lifted it... then Hossa... I lost it when I saw Niemi and Coach Q lift it...

I know what kind of hard work we put in at IHN, pictures, blogs, reports, planned trips, etc. Everyone here put in something to make our group in success, and in turn gave the boys something to look forward to everyday. They know we have their backs.

Bask in the moment, everyone. Chances like this may or may not happen again. I'm just grateful I got a second chance.

And as I told TCD last night - "The first one will always be special, but this one will be the best one in my heart." I almost felt like this is my first one. Thats how special seeing all of this is, and seeing what we all did in bringing this city together, with that big party on Clark St, this is why I came here three years ago.

I also remember in January when I took my pictures with the Cup back then, when the Keeper of the Cup put it away after my time was up, I looked back down on it, pointing at it, and said "I'll see you in Chicago at the end of the season." I promised I'd do my best to help get this team and this city their opportunity and it happened. I couldn't be happier at this point.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
Do they really have to keep playing the Roenick clip? It keeps making me well up......Until Milbury starts talking. Then I want to punch Milbury in the face.

Hearing Weideman's call this morning made me tear up a little too.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="phranchk"]Do they really have to keep playing the Roenick clip? It keeps making me well up......Until Milbury starts talking. Then I want to punch Milbury in the face.

Hearing Weideman's call this morning made me tear up a little too.[/quote]

LINX!?!?!

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="the canadian dream"]I have no issues with JR's emotions. I believe he loves Chicago 100%.

Ray Ferraro stated he can not watch the cup being passed around as it is to heavy of a feeling for him as a player that never got to lift the cup. He leaves and doesn't watch after the cup gets presented to the captain. I would think this isn't a rare feeling amoung ex nhlers.

JR is showing envy and he would admit that as he is also showing shear happiness for his ex club where he had his best hockey years. Like he says watching it probably reminds him of the cup final against the Pens. Has to to be tough.[/quote]

imagine how Tallon was feeling. Pride, and sorrow for not being able to be there?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I somehow held back tears until they showed Brouwer and asked him about talking to his Dad. Thinking about it even now makes me well up.

I think I was in too much "Shock and Awe" and numb for about 15 minutes after the game ended to cry right away.

bleedsblkhwkred

Liked Posts:
i balled like a baby, i'll be 52yrs old in 5 days, thats right, happy birthday to me.

& yes, i was out in public also, i don't care

HawksFan1988

Liked Posts:
I cried right when I realized Kane scored...which was about 30 seconds after HE realized he scored.

I wasn't exactly weeping but tears were slipping.

After that I just couldn't stop smiling.

Still can't!

Oh & Millbury is a such a douche.

JR is emotional and he has to go and be an ass about it.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
[quote name="HawksFan1988"]I cried right when I realized Kane scored...which was about 30 seconds after HE realized he scored.

I wasn't exactly weeping but tears were slipping.

After that I just couldn't stop smiling.

Still can't!

Oh & Millbury is a such a douche.

JR is emotional and he has to go and be an ass about it.[/quote]

I thought Milbury handled it better than most things he does. After he said "I'm not gonna cry" he hugged him and said you had a hell of a career kid. That was pretty classy. And that would NEVER, happen in any other sport.