Shane Doan?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember that Glen Sather would happily overpay Shane Doan??????? Don't see how 7.5 mil would shock anyone from the Rangers.

R K

He won't run for the money, he'll go to the best chance to win now. That said if it's 7.5 mil fuck that. No way is the need that great.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
He won't run for the money, he'll go to the best chance to win now. That said if it's 7.5 mil fuck that. No way is the need that great.

I agree. I think at this point, he wants to win more so than collecting a large paycheck.

R K

Yup time for him is running out fast. I think the Rangers or Hawks if not Phoenix. And seeing how he's buddies with JT, it'll be interesting.

Who on the Rangers actually has their name on the Cup?

Sharp, Hossa, Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith, Hjarlmarsson, Bolland.... Bickell could have been....

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Detroit has to be working the yotes to get Yandle, the hole Lidstrom left has put them in dire need for a top blueliner. Don't they have a surplus of winger prospects to offer in trade?

Doan could be waiting to see where that goes before he makes his decision. If Yandle leaves so will Doan.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup time for him is running out fast. I think the Rangers or Hawks if not Phoenix. And seeing how he's buddies with JT, it'll be interesting.

Who on the Rangers actually has their name on the Cup?

Sharp, Hossa, Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith, Hjarlmarsson, Bolland.... Bickell could have been....

Rupp has as many Stanley Cup clinching goals as Patrick Kane
<

Other then that, I think only Brad Richards.

BUT... the Rangers are going to be a lot better next year than they were this year. Especially after a full year of NHL development from Kreider and another year for Hagelin. And they have the best d-pairing in the whole league in Girardi - McDonagh.

Hawks and Rangers are both solid choices for Doan but I don't see Doan as a solid choice for either team at that money.

R K

Yea at that money no thanks. Detroit has a lot of Cap space but no where near the chance as other teams.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Detroit has to be working the yotes to get Yandle, the hole Lidstrom left has put them in dire need for a top blueliner. Don't they have a surplus of winger prospects to offer in trade?

Doan could be waiting to see where that goes before he makes his decision. If Yandle leaves so will Doan.

I'm thinking the same, I think his decision making awaits to see what Yandle is doing. If Yandle lands in Detroit can they afford Both? I don't know what the Wings cap space is. But that team is also losing players left and right....so if he wants to win now, I can't see the Wings as serious contenders for the Cup next year. This from all the years we all say they are going to be bad, might actually be the year. But Doan for that much for what a year, as it seems that Bowman is famous for signing, I don't know If I like that. Again I would go after Lou and trade Hammer and get a good second line center. I really really think Lou is our missing link to winning another cup as crazy as that sounds.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm thinking the same, I think his decision making awaits to see what Yandle is doing. If Yandle lands in Detroit can they afford Both? I don't know what the Wings cap space is. But that team is also losing players left and right....so if he wants to win now, I can't see the Wings as serious contenders for the Cup next year. This from all the years we all say they are going to be bad, might actually be the year. But Doan for that much for what a year, as it seems that Bowman is famous for signing, I don't know If I like that. Again I would go after Lou and trade Hammer and get a good second line center. I really really think Lou is our missing link to winning another cup as crazy as that sounds.

You said something nice about Lou.

nelson-haha.gif

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

Lou is not the missing link.

The Hawks played poor defense last year. Plus they lacked a physical game (Last in the league in total hits and just overall lack of physicality) that could compete and our forecheck was awful. Our special teams were very poor (mainly the PP). Luongo is not going to fix any of those 3 problems.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lou is not the missing link.

The Hawks played poor defense last year. Plus they lacked a physical game (Last in the league in total hits and just overall lack of physicality) that could compete and our forecheck was awful. Our special teams were very poor (mainly the PP). Luongo is not going to fix any of those 3 problems.

Nor is Scooter.....