Shane Doan?

R K

all this team needs to do is make the playoffs and they know that. 5-8k as long as Toews and Kane are on this team. Not likely.

R K

Glad I am not the only one thinking that. I think Stan can do the plug and play players but as far as developing a team? Nope

I think pretty much everyone on this board has said that. Just like Q now is his chance to prove he can. We are all patiently waiting.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Morrow and Hossa back together? 1998 all over again.

About the only rumor I heard (albeit this is JJ, so get out your shotput-sized grains of salt), would be Hammer+ for Plekanec+. Honestly wouldn't mind it but I doubt it would hapen.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
all this team needs to do is make the playoffs and they know that. 5-8k as long as Toews and Kane are on this team. Not likely.

Just making playoffs doesn't always cut it, Its like saying who cares about winning the Stanley Cup as long as we win the Presidents Trophy.... It gets old, unless you are consistently trying to improve...ala Wings, Yanks, Patriots. We almost saw this team not make playoffs if it was not for the Wild, and Toews and Kane were on that team.

R K

Just making playoffs doesn't always cut it, Its like saying who cares about winning the Stanley Cup as long as we win the Presidents Trophy.... It gets old, unless you are consistently trying to improve...ala Wings, Yanks, Patriots. We almost saw this team not make playoffs if it was not for the Wild, and Toews and Kane were on that team.

Cuts it right now for this team. When the bandwagon isn't standing in line 10k deep let me know.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
To get Doan...it's prob going to cost 3yrs at about 5per

He knows this is his last contract, and he'd probably need to be blown out of the water to leave. I could see a smaller market team per se like a STL if he came to the Midwest...or Nash. Staying out west may make sense due to his ties to PHX...like LA or COL

If it was a 1-2yr thing, I may be ok. But he's not a goal scorer/natural skilled player (which there's nothing wrong with)...but at 35, when does it catch up?

I'd rather get Semin ( not to be confused with semen)...at about the same price...then look to move Hjarl to MTL for Plekanec

Lines would be deadly...

Sharp-Toews-Kane

Semin-Plekanec-Hossa

Bickell-Bolland-Shaw

I'm not in the camp who thinks Semin is a high risk. I think he has a lot of talent and skills that the Caps have really fucked around with in the wrong way. Some teams going to get the best out of him and the caps will be slapping themselves in the face. That org is a gong show. As much as I like Stalberg and think his potential is still on the upswing I would take Semin easily on that left side instead.

I would love Plekanec on this team but a semin/plekanec/hossa line for some reason doesn't feel right when i look at it. I have no reason for that other than it just looks and sounds odd.

Would be great center depth. Im not a Kruger fan and have no faith in his skating ever improving enough to be a productive nhl center. We will see though..I have a feeling Stan isn't going to give up on him anytime soon.

If I had a choice of one player though? It would be plekanec. I think he and stalberg would find great chemistry.

morrow would also be a solid addition to the left side if that were ever to happen. hes in his downswing now but can still give the hawks exactly what they need off that lw.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Why not just play Kane on RW. Move Bolland up to 2nd line and have Kruger center the 3rd line of uselessness. Kruger already is a flop, the guy is an AHL caliber player. Mark my words, once the hawks are done with him he doesn't see the NHL again.

Yep, the 22 year old who has played ONE entire season is a flop. Why don't we give him a bit more time before we just assume he's awful?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I would take Doan, but not at the price I'm sure he's going to be offered. If I'm Stan, I try and sell him on winning a Stanley Cup with a team that has the potential, unlike the Yotes.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Yep, the 22 year old who has played ONE entire season is a flop. Why don't we give him a bit more time before we just assume he's awful?

Where's the joy in that?

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
Kruger might end up being a serviceable NHL player under the right role, but the hawks can try and fit him into the second line role as much as they want, it's still a square peg trying to go in a round hole. Personally I don't think he'll make it. Not skilled enough for a top 6 role, too small and not physical enough for a 4th line role, and Bolland seems to be entrenched in our 3rd line role.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
At this point if we the front office finally showed they were competent by going out and getting EXACTLY what we need.....pay him 5 million, fucking Oduya is worth 3.3, so yes, pay Doan 5 mil because he would be an unbelievable addition to our team.

At this point, after Stans first two real years of moves that have only made me ask why, I am still sitting around in Dr. Evil mode saying, "throw me a frickin bone here"

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Rangers' advantage re: Doan?

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[background=transparent]11:49[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background]​
[/font][background=transparent]

Shane Doan | Coyotes

[background=transparent]

[/background][/background][font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent]

[background=transparent]

Despite residing in the East, the New York Rangers may have a slight edge in the pursuit of unrestricted free agent Shane Doan.[/background]
[background=transparent]

Larry Brooks of the New York Post suggests the familiarity with the Rangers coaching staff could entice the 35-year-old veteran out of his Western Conference-comfort zone.[/background]
[background=transparent]

"... Doan, who is evaluating the Phoenix ownership situation even as he has begun to review offers from pre-approved suitors including the Blueshirts, has a history with all four coaches on the Rangers' staff, notably a long-standing friendship with assistant general manager/assistant coach Jim Schoenfeld, who was the Coyotes' head coach in the 35-year-old's third and fourth NHL seasons ..."[/background]
[background=transparent]

As it stands, Doan's list of preferred suitors is rumored to include the Los Angeles Kings,San Jose Sharks, Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, and Vancouver Canucks.[/background]
[/background]
[/font]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sharks offer to Doan

[background=transparent]8:34[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background]​

San Jose Sharks

[background=transparent]

[/background][/background][font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent]

[background=transparent]

The San Jose Sharks are already thought to have made their pitch to Shane Doan. Comcast's Brodie Brazil suggests as much via twitter:[/background]
[background=transparent]

"I do believe the (Sharks) have made an offer to Doan, he would fit into their plans. Sticking point could be contract term for the 35-(year-old) ..."[/background]
[background=transparent]

A two-year deal shouldn't be much of a turn-off for the Sharks, if that's all Doan is asking of other squads. And the San Jose club is believed to be on the forward's "list", if the Phoenix Coyotes' ownership issues don't reach a resolution.[/background]
[/background]
[/font]

Doan's list

[background=transparent]8:20[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background]​

Shane Doan | Coyotes

[background=transparent]

[background=transparent]

Let's just suppose he doesn't remain with the Phoenix Coyotes ...[/background]
[background=transparent]

There's no doubt more than a handful of NHL teams would have some interest in signing Shane Doan, but how many clubs would the veteran forward be willing to join? Doan's agent implies that roster could shrink shortly.[/background]
[background=transparent]

According to Kevin Allen of USAToday, Terry Bross says Doan will likely whittle his list of suitors to "four, five or six clubs" as he determines what step to take next. The Arizona Republic suggests that list could include the Los Angeles Kings, San Jose Sharks,Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, and Vancouver Canucks.[/background]
[background=transparent]

The 35-year-old hasn't hidden the fact he wants to stick with the Coyotes, if the ownership situation resolves itself. And a two-year deal would be required to remain in the desert. This drama could unfold quickly -- we should know more in the next 48 hours.[/background]
[/background]
[/font]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
and for those who were wondering out load in this thread...

Morrow available? (update)

[background=transparent]10:58[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background]​

Brenden Morrow | Stars

[background=transparent]

[background=transparent]

UPDATE: As it stands, the general manager of the Dallas Stars doesn't seem too keen to move his current captain.[/background]
[background=transparent]

According to the Dallas Morning News, GM Joe Nieuwendyk said he expects Brenden Morrow to be a big part of the club in 2012-13.[/background]
[background=transparent]

"We had a good talk the other day, and I told him I very much believe there's a place for him on this team," Nieuwendyk said Tuesday. "I told him I fully expect him to be out there on the power play in front of the net where he's always been."[/background]
[background=transparent]

And Morrow -- reportedly healthy -- has no desire to move elsewhere.[/background]
[background=transparent]

"You asked me: Do I want to be a Dallas Star, and the answer is definitely yes," Morrow said. "If they want to trade me or they indicate to me that they don't want me, then obviously I don't want to be there or stand in their way. But, until they say that they want to trade me or ask me to waive my no-trade clause, then I'm excited to be on the team and I'm ready to get going next season."[/background]

[background=transparent]
- Victoria Matiash[/background]​

[background=transparent]
***[/background]​
[background=transparent]

It always seems a little weird to see a team trade away its captain, but that exact scenario could unfold in Dallas. According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, theDallas Stars appear willing to move veteran Brenden Morrow if the price is right.[/background]
[background=transparent]

Morrow has spent 12 years in the NHL and all of them have been with the Stars. But the organization has made it clear they're ready for some changes this offseason. That doesn't necessarily mean they want to get rid of Morrow, but the recent additions of Jaromir Jagr,Derek Roy and Ray Whitney -- along with the emergence of guys like Loui Eriksson, Jamie Benn and Michael Ryder last season -- may very well squeeze him out of a top-six forward spot. Couple in the fact that injuries limited his production last season and that he'll be an unrestricted free agent next summer, and it at least makes a little sense why GM Joe Nieuwendyk might try to get something in return for him now. At age 33, he still has value. And the St. Louis Blues, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings could have some interest here.[/background]
[/background]
[/font]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
For those who wanted Roy....

Roy's status

[background=transparent]4:20[background=transparent]PM ET[/background][/background]​

Derek Roy | Stars

[background=transparent]

[background=transparent]

Acquiring Derek Roy from Buffalo certainly seemed like a good idea when theDallas Stars got him less than two weeks ago -- and it still might be. But he won't be able to step in and center a line with Michael Ryder and Ray Whitneyright away as originally anticipated.[/background]
[background=transparent]

That's because Roy just had shoulder surgery and, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News, is suddenly out until November. It's not entirely clear at the moment if Buffalo and Dallas were aware this was going to happen when they made the deal, but the Stars are now somewhat thin up the middle again to start the 2012-13 campaign. If no other players are broguht in before the puck drops in October, Cody Eakinor Tom Wandell will likely have to step in and center the second unit.[/background]
[/background]
[/font]

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Say what you want about Kruger, but he works hard every shift on the ice. I can only imagine what he's doing off the ice to get better. Does he have the flashy skill that others have? No. But he's got great hockey sense and is willing to take the puck to the net, unlike some of our forwards.

I'll wait another season or two before I consider him a flop.