Sharp Named to All Star Team

R K

The only time they are forced to replace a player from the same team is if the refusing player is that team's only representation at the game. if they have numerous reps already then another team will usually get a second rep (unless the next most deserving player happens to be from the same team). I still don't agree with every team being forced to have a player in the game, as Backes, Hemsky, Elias, and Kessel sure do not deserve to participate. I'm not quite sure how Kane deserves it over other players left off THIS season, but whatever, as long as Keith and Toews are there I'm a happy camper. Good for Sharpie too.

He's an American that's why. Had he not been injured he'd have been a point per game guy. Keith and Toews are no more deserving than Kane but you are a happy camper their in? Keith has SUCKED all year. Sharp and Campbell were probably the ONLY two Hawks deserving on Performance.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
He's an American that's why. Had he not been injured he'd have been a point per game guy.

This. And, name recognition.

I am happy for Sharp. Imagine our O if he had been out for a month.
<

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
He's an American that's why. Had he not been injured he'd have been a point per game guy. Keith and Toews are no more deserving than Kane but you are a happy camper their in? Keith has SUCKED all year. Sharp and Campbell were probably the ONLY two Hawks deserving on Performance.

Toews is, and always will be, more deserving of an ASG spot than Kane. Besides, Toews and Keith were the end result of fan voting, not performance picking. numerous players left off the list have a higher P/G than Kane.

Code:
#  Player            GP G  A  PT +/- P/G

6  Pavel Datsyuk     33 12 27 39  8  1.18

8  Henrik Zetterberg 43 16 33 49  9  1.14

9  Chris Stewart     23 11 14 25 -2  1.09

13 Teemu Selanne     36 12 25 37  2  1.03

18 Milan Hejduk      36 13 23 36 -3  1.00

19 Derek Roy         35 10 25 35 -1  1.00

All with a better P/G than Kane's 0.94 and all on teams underrepresented compared to the Hawks (and most are more deserving).

Ton

Liked Posts:
Toews is, and always will be, more deserving of an ASG spot than Kane. Besides, Toews and Keith were the end result of fan voting, not performance picking. numerous players left off the list have a higher P/G than Kane.

Code:

All with a better P/G than Kane's 0.94 and all on teams underrepresented compared to the Hawks (and most are more deserving).

You would be right only Derek Roy is out for the year, Pavel Datsyuk is on IR, and Chris Stewart is also on IR.

R K

Code:

Your comment Toews and Kane made it so I'm happy says it all.

Campbell and Sharp deserved more than ANY of the other three. Again had Kane not missed time your numbers are fucked.

Kane will go because he's an AMERICAN BORN player. That and he was FIFTH among forwards. Where were the others you listed in voting?????? Yea.

Good thing that shitty Vancouver goalie isn't going.

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your comment Toews and Kane made it so I'm happy says it all.

Campbell and Sharp deserved more than ANY of the other three. Again had Kane not missed time your numbers are fucked.

Kane will go because he's an AMERICAN BORN player. That and he was FIFTH among forwards. Where were the others you listed in voting?????? Yea.

Good thing that shitty Vancouver goalie isn't going.

You're telling me that Vancouver has a hockey team?
<

bri

Liked Posts:
I hope they have a jumbo box of Kleenex available. If the Sedins get split up they will probably have a meltdown. On second thought they better make it Puffs. Sid needs it soft as a kitten. You'd think anyone that makes over 8 million a year could afford a tube of Blistex.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Should this have been the core?

Not in my head. Just because they are all-stars, doesn't mean they are all-stars. Hahah. I loved Buff, but I don't miss him. Havlat the same. Unfortunately we traded one injury for a bigger risk bigger reward with him.

R K

Not in my mind.

No Seabrook.

But I liked all the players in that picture!

thanson1990

Liked Posts:
I like how 5 of the guys in the picture have a letter on the front of their jersey. Its just another example of the character, leadership, and talent that has come through this locker room the past few years. What a contrast from the dark days of the last Hawk to don the #19 sweater, everybody's favorite Russian Denis Arkhipov.

R K

I like how 5 of the guys in the picture have a letter on the front of their jersey. Its just another example of the character, leadership, and talent that has come through this locker room the past few years. What a contrast from the dark days of the last Hawk to don the #19 sweater, everybody's favorite Russian Denis Arkhipov.

Good point.

There was a contrast from our 3rd and 4th guys leaving to the Canucks. Where as most of their players were in Russia and or not playing in the NHL, where the ex Hawks for the most part were playing key roles on their new NHL teams.

No doubt one of the best thing Tallon did was draft and sign a bunch of players with Character.

FYI I'd take Hossa or Havlat. Both, when healthy, are amazing players.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Very true, and I think Kane would have an A on a lot of other teams.