My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
thats spelled Othani, right?!

Castor76

Liked Posts:
My expectations are not very high, about 15%, but it would send shockwaves through baseball if the Cubs sign Ohtani. What it can't be, is their only significant signing. They still need to bring in and impactful bat. I would say they would be out on Soto. But re-signing Bellinger or giving Hoskins a deal similar to the Bellinger deal from last year would reset the line up. If Ohtani was a 45M AAV and Bellinger was 25M, they'd still need to spend another 25M to add a starter or lock down the pen.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
My expectations are not very high, about 15%, but it would send shockwaves through baseball if the Cubs sign Ohtani. What it can't be, is their only significant signing. They still need to bring in and impactful bat. I would say they would be out on Soto. But re-signing Bellinger or giving Hoskins a deal similar to the Bellinger deal from last year would reset the line up. If Ohtani was a 45M AAV and Bellinger was 25M, they'd still need to spend another 25M to add a starter or lock down the pen.
I think a possible play post signing Ohtani would be to trade morel plus to the Mets for Alonso

Then sign Turner to a 1 year deal to play 3rd

Castor76

Liked Posts:
I think a possible play post signing Ohtani would be to trade morel plus to the Mets for Alonso

Then sign Turner to a 1 year deal to play 3rd

Only reason I'd shy away from Alonso versus Hoskins is Hoskins only costs money. At that point, you could try to package Morel either for pitching help or trade for a 3B, though I know that market is shallow and probably expensive. For example, Baseballtradevalues.com say a package of Morel, Wicks, Alcantara, Shaw, and Mervis wouldn't be enough to land Jose Ramirez. The Cubs would be better off trying to land Devers from Boston with an overpay of Morel, Wicks, and Alcantara. But then, as I type it, . . .

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With Ohtani's injury this past year, will that prevent him from pitching?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Only reason I'd shy away from Alonso versus Hoskins is Hoskins only costs money. At that point, you could try to package Morel either for pitching help or trade for a 3B, though I know that market is shallow and probably expensive. For example, Baseballtradevalues.com say a package of Morel, Wicks, Alcantara, Shaw, and Mervis wouldn't be enough to land Jose Ramirez. The Cubs would be better off trying to land Devers from Boston with an overpay of Morel, Wicks, and Alcantara. But then, as I type it, . . .
i get that. I just think alonso is the safer bet to produce next season than Hoskins is. I also dont think itll take much more than Morel and a prospect to acquire Alonso. Just have to work out a contract with him at that point to keep him past 2024, which being a Boras client(i believe) makes it tough. Cubs dont have much luck working out deals with Boras clients, they tend to let them walk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If they get him Holly crap.

If Tom signs Ohtani at that point you have to go all in. Alonso and a SP to pair with Steele.

I would look at TBR and target Glasgow and try to get a 3B prospect as they have their future in place there. Give them a package in return

I would think Morel, Alcantara, Caissie, Brown and Shaw would be on the table. PCA and Horton would not.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hmm. Oh well been busy of late with work. Got ya

Castor76

Liked Posts:
If they get him Holly crap.

If Tom signs Ohtani at that point you have to go all in. Alonso and a SP to pair with Steele.

I would look at TBR and target Glasgow and try to get a 3B prospect as they have their future in place there. Give them a package in return

I would think Morel, Alcantara, Caissie, Brown and Shaw would be on the table. PCA and Horton would not.

Let met get this straight, you want the Cubs to trade their #3-#6 prospects along with Morel for perhaps Junior Caminero and a pitcher who has only once in his life ever pitched over 100 inning at the MLB level and that was only 120 innings?

But I'm crazy for wanting to go after Devers?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Let met get this straight, you want the Cubs to trade their #3-#6 prospects along with Morel for perhaps Junior Caminero and a pitcher who has only once in his life ever pitched over 100 inning at the MLB level and that was only 120 innings?

But I'm crazy for wanting to go after Devers?

No I said 2 things.

Trade for Alonso.
Trade with TBR for Glasgow and a 3B prospect.

I was actually thinking Mead. I like your guy better.

But I also said on the table. I never posted a actual trade. That is for the people who get paid to do