Should John Dorsey be next Bears GM?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

"He drafted key players that form the nucleus of the Kansas City Chiefs today like QB Patrick Mahomes, WR Tyreek Hill, DT Chris Jones, TE Travis Kelce, OT Eric Fisher, and OG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif. After Kansas City, Dorsey became the General Manager of the Cleveland Browns. Dorsey’s acquisitions play a big role in the Browns’ success in 2020 such as RBs Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt, QB Baker Mayfield, WRs Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry, DT Sheldon Richardson, OG Wyatt Teller, and CB Denzel Ward."

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dorsey is a short term fixer.

He knows his draft shit inside and out, but ends up pissing off everyone in the building so bad that he ends up fired in 3 years.

If my hunch is right and mccaskey's are looking to sell in the short term, say in the next 3 to 5 years, then absolutely I bring in Dorsey and live with them until I can sell the team and let him be the next owner's problem.

Because you can weather whatever headaches he causes in the front office in order to get those quality players on your team and build up your franchise value for the sale.

Liked Posts:
Unless they hire the right president, the bears are going to continue experiencing the same issues with the GM position and coach. It all starts at the top.

To me, Paul Depodesta (moneyball guy) is the shining star in Cleveland’s turnaround, not Dorsey.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Ed Dobbs, Joe Hortiz, Jeff Ireland, and Will McClay are all names to keep an eye on. All have played key roles in their respective teams’ drafts.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Unless they hire the right president, the bears are going to continue experiencing the same issues with the GM position and coach. It all starts at the top.

To me, Paul Depodesta (moneyball guy) is the shining star in Cleveland’s turnaround, not Dorsey.

Dorsey drafted Mahomes.

That means he is the sole reason for their turnaround.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Our next GM needs to business smart and football stupid. Some wonderkind that was smart enough to be a middling employee at a really good org but leverages the people around him as his own success.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
If you're going to endorse someone at least say why.
Honestly just listening to him for a few years on TV and now for Monday Night Football. The guy sounds like he knows his stuff. Only thing that worried me last year when he was searching for a gig was the fact that he and Nagy I guess are friends. Sounds stupid and childish but I dont know how far that would go.

But then again, I dont think the Bears would get rid of Pace and keep Nagy... so in that regard, Riddick would be starting from scratch which is ideal.