Should John Dorsey be next Bears GM?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Pace is a lot smarter than Emery and I think he realizes that he can get Nagy to soak all the flak for this season as long as things don't look like the Browns game much more.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I know that we'll get the next hiring right, because the Bears will be consulting with an 80 year old dude that hasn't been employed by a NFL team in like 15 years. That helps me sleep at night.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Some idiot from ESPN. Might as well have Rex Ryan be the head coach and start Dan Orlovsky at quarterback.

What do you know of his resume?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
If he was good enough for a front office he would be in a front office, not rattling off hot takes for the worldwide leader.
Like John Lynch before he got hired by San Fran?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Like John Lynch before he got hired by San Fran?
Hall of Famer and one of the best to ever play his position vs. a guy who started seven games over nine seasons. Like I said, lets get Dan Orlovsky behind center and have Rex Ryan calling the plays if we're gonna go that route. Bring in every idiot on TV that remy likes.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Hall of Famer and one of the best to ever play his position vs. a guy who started seven games over nine seasons. Like I said, lets get Dan Orlovsky behind center and have Rex Ryan calling the plays if we're gonna go that route. Bring in every idiot on TV that remy likes.
Just because you played the sport doesn't mean you can be an executive. How'd that go for Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan. Lynch had no experience in management or personnel. Being a player is a completely different skillset than being management.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Just because you played the sport doesn't mean you can be an executive. How'd that go for Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan. Lynch had no experience in management or personnel. Being a player is a completely different skillset than being management.
And what about the rousing success of the 2010-13 Eagles has you so desperate to pluck Louis Riddick from the booth after a nearly ten year hiatus from being directly involved in the game?

This is such a dumb suggestion people have and I for the life of me cannot understand why people bring him up. It makes literally zero sense to hire him for the job.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Unless they hire the right president, the bears are going to continue experiencing the same issues with the GM position and coach. It all starts at the top.

To me, Paul Depodesta (moneyball guy) is the shining star in Cleveland’s turnaround, not Dorsey.
FUCK and here I thought the browns got to where they are now by drafting the best players at positon of need every year prior because they sucked.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

Michael Jordan/Net worth
1.6 billion USD

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
And what about the rousing success of the 2010-13 Eagles has you so desperate to pluck Louis Riddick from the booth after a nearly ten year hiatus from being directly involved in the game?

This is such a dumb suggestion people have and I for the life of me cannot understand why people bring him up. It makes literally zero sense to hire him for the job.
I didn't suggest Riddick. I'm only pointing out that your argument against him because he's in television booth has already been proven invalid.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I didn't suggest Riddick. I'm only pointing out that your argument against him because he's in television booth has already been proven invalid.
Then why do people want him? Because they are just so enamored with his work in Philly?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why, of all the guys you could possibly have be GM, do you pick somebody from ESPN?

He is a former scout and Director and Pro Personnel who is well regarded in league circles hence why he has interviewed for several GM jobs the past few years. His analysis that he shares is pretty on point and he appears to have taken a particular interest in the Bears situation as he has commented on it several times over the years and has diagnosed what ails the Bears and has been right more often than not. I see no reason not to interview him but no one is just handing him the job.

Your argument gets dumber. See Ridler for clear reasons why. Also I never said I liked Riddick. Another poster suggested him and I noted he appears to have been campaigning for the job on the sly. I only questioned the stupidity of your opposition to him because it was devoid of any real logic.

You seem to be confused by the fact that most people responding to you are not saying Riddick should be hired. They are saying your argument against him is irrational.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You’re dead right about that. Ireland would be a dreadful hire.
Idk what he read to bring him to that decision but im extending Pace 5 years before brining in Jeff Ireland. Holy shit.