Should the Cubs deal Castro?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
He was being sarcastic. who gives an F about the Angels?

Some might say he was being a whiny little bitch also.

At this point, trading Castro would be dumb. His value is lower now than it's ever been. Buy Low, Sell High.

Or.....

Get something for him while you can.

If he continues to be a .240 hitter with no power, his contract will make Soriano's look like the steal of the century.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some might say he was being a whiny little bitch also.

Or.....

Get something for him while you can.

If he continues to be a .240 hitter with no power, his contract will make Soriano's look like the steal of the century.

Coming from the whiny little bitch? You don't trade a 23 year old SS that has 2 all stars and stuffz, the accolades matter remember?!

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont trade him!!. Tell Theo and his gang to get out of his damn head about taking more damn walks. He was a legit All Star SS that hit .300 with improving power. Cause he doesnt fit their mold they screw him up. Players are going to be what they are. Castro not going to walk. His hand eye is way to good. When he swings he makes contact to many times. He needs to stop taking pitches which causing him to be in the hole right away. Then pitchers are just going farther out of the zone. Let the kid hit

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Since people can't use the search function here.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't start to think of trading him until next year at this point. At that point Arismendy Alcantara would have around 400 AB's at AAA. On top of that Javier Baez would be ready to promote to AAA. I'm under the opinion you trade from system strength and trade for system weakness. SS to be perfectly honest has some quality coming up. Getting to Castro: he doesn't fit the mold that management is stressing. If anything it is making him worse. He is a free swinger. He has value. Yanks off the top of my head would be a match post Jeter. They have pitching depth and that is something the Cubs need. Power arms. Selling this year would be stupid.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Darwin Barney now has a higher slugging percentage on the season than Castro.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Darwin Barney now has a higher slugging percentage on the season than Castro.

I know Darwin has been spending extra time in the batting cages and watching film. He is polished defensively and would never hurt the Cubs in any way at that position. There should be 7 other hitters to take the heat off of Darwin offensively. Every team needs a David Eckstein type player in my opinion.

On topic, I hope that Castro starts to improve so the trade option is still there.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I know Darwin has been spending extra time in the batting cages and watching film. He is polished defensively and would never hurt the Cubs in any way at that position. There should be 7 other hitters to take the heat off of Darwin offensively. Every team needs a David Eckstein type player in my opinion.

On topic, I hope that Castro starts to improve so the trade option is still there.

I know the same thing about Darwin also. He's always trying harder than anyone to hone his craft. He is also an amazing wizard with the glove. Just shows how valuable Darwin is by getting the sluggging percentage beyond Castro's. A real grinder.

As far as Castro goes.

He seems to be hitting more shallow fly ball outs lately. This tells me that he is starting to get the ball elevated. It's only a matter of time when those fly balls start reaching deeper into the outfield and eventually over the wall for home runs. I know for a fact that good things are coming soon for our star player.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It could also be telling you that he is not getting solid contact with the ball. Getting fooled, transferring your weight out in front too early and slapping at the ball will give you the same results. I hope you are right but shallow fly balls tend to be a symptom of poor form and poor batting mechanics more than anything else. I would be much happier if he was lining the ball and it was just being caught. Casto isn't and never should be a power hitter. Him jacking the ball out of the park should be a rarety.

And I hate the idea that they tried turning him into some kind of Sabermetric ball taking machine. There are players that can do that, and can do that well but I never thought for a minute that he would be that guy. Making him take pitches has made him less instinctive and has created the unsure player at the plate that you see now. You are never going to see this guy take 60 walks or have an obp of 400.

Last edited: