Slow down on Howard

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Everyone wants to lick the gooch of Howard after his last couple performances, but the roll must be slowed.

He's gotten significant carries against the Lions and Colts... not exactly "world beating" defenses. Langford got most of his carries against Houston and Philly. Those ARE world beating defenses.

I'll tell you this; Langford will be starting when healthy. This board can cry all it wants, but this morning it sounded like when Langford is back, Fox said he'll be back out there.

And Loggains said same thing.

Continue to cry everyone!

This is still 33s team!

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
eh...not your best effort

LqgGG.gif

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So, does anyone want to actually dispute this, or nah?

"He's gotten significant carries against the Lions and Colts... not exactly "world beating" defenses. Langford got most of his carries against Houston and Philly. Those ARE world beating defenses."

This is year 2 of Langfords career. He can catch now and has home run speed! Yet you guys are campaigning for the backup! Sad!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Everyone wants to lick the gooch of Howard after his last couple performances, but the roll must be slowed.

He's gotten significant carries against the Lions and Colts... not exactly "world beating" defenses. Langford got most of his carries against Houston and Philly. Those ARE world beating defenses.

I'll tell you this; Langford will be starting when healthy. This board can cry all it wants, but this morning it sounded like when Langford is back, Fox said he'll be back out there.

And Loggains said same thing.

Continue to cry everyone!

This is still 33s team!

J.Fox said that or hinted to that?? I agree that he's obviously played against bad run defenses and Langford has played against much better run defenses and Howard was able to run behind a o-line that has started to come together after the first couple of games that Langford had to run behind a o-line that was still trying to come together but Howard has absolutely done whatever he had to do to get the chance at being the starter the rest of the way with Langford becoming our 3rd down back or receiving back. If he gives the job back to Langford without giving Howard every chance to keep the job this board is gonna go postal.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

"He's gotten significant carries against the Lions and Colts... not exactly "world beating" defenses. Langford got most of his carries against Houston and Philly. Those ARE world beating defenses."

This is year 2 of Langfords career. He can catch now and has home run speed! Yet you guys are campaigning for the backup! Sad!

Maybe your right, maybe your wrong. Problem is, the one metric that seems to figure into this is yards after your touched. Pretty sure with Langford it is a negative number. Like -.02 yards after a hand gets put on him. At the very least, Howard seems to fall forward.

There, that's my eye test for you.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Ok, did a joke just go straight over me head??

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
you bought the 33 replica jersey prematurely, I'll trade you for my Cedric Benson jersey

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
In the Detroit game, of his 111 yards, something like 68 yards came after first contact. I don't think we've had anyone do anything like that in the last decade or so. Maybe Jones might have been the last?

Langford on the other hand gets shoe string tackled all the time for negative yards.

Another thing with Howard is I believe almost all of his runs from yesterday were for positive yards. He had one play I think where indy's jackson came flying in and blew up the play for negative yards. Otherwise everything kept going forward. Also, 16 fucking carries when you're rushing for 7+ ypc? Craziness. Should be involving Howard more in the run game. Also I'm aware that he had some no gain plays but he always fights for yards and falls forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk