Slow down on Howard

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Howard at least gives me a reason to watch the games. A young promising rookie who looks good. Agreed, that the roll should be slowed a bit but until he looks like shit I'm going to be a homer. This team sucks.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Howard had several plays yesterday that would have resulted in negative plays for Langford simply because he's got way more power than Langford does and is able to muscle through some of those arm tackles. That being said, in games where the Oline can open up holes like they did against Indy, Langford will shine with his speed. That 58 yarder would have been a house call for Langford.
I think they will complement each other well, but Howard already appears to be the better grinder who gets those tough yards after contact. That's something we've been missing for a while and it's really nice to see.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Howard had several plays yesterday that would have resulted in negative plays for Langford simply because he's got way more power than Langford does and is able to muscle through some of those arm tackles. That being said, in games where the Oline can open up holes like they did against Indy, Langford will shine with his speed. That 58 yarder would have been a house call for Langford.
I think they will compliment each other well, but Howard already appears to be the better grinder who gets those tough yards after contact. That's something we've been missing for a while and it's really nice to see.
Langford would of never found the hole.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Satire or not.....Langford WILL be over.

But we all know his starting days are over. This isn't QB, we can actually play 2. If Howard gets 15-20, and Langford 10-15 carries. Then we are pounding the rock like we should be with this team and young WR's.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Satire or not.....Langford WILL be over.

But we all know his starting days are over. This isn't QB, we can actually play 2. If Howard gets 15-20, and Langford 10-15 carries. Then we are pounding the rock like we should be with this team and young WR's.

Howard should continue to start even when Langford is healthy. Langford should be the change of pace back after Howard beats up on the defense.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Howard should continue to start even when Langford is healthy. Langford should be the change of pace back after Howard beats up on the defense.

LOL Howard is the starter, and will stay the starter, OP is just fuckin with everyone

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see both rb's getting a similar amount of carries even if Langford starts. It could take a couple games of seeing them both run against the same defense for the coaches to figure out who the starter is.

@DMelt...Carey needs longer legs.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think they will compliment each other well, but Howard already appears to be the better grinder who gets those tough yards after contact. That's something we've been missing for a while and it's really nice to see.

Not my job, but there's a large difference between complement and compliment. If there's one thing to be positive about it's Howard, but naturally that brings up an issue with staff.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I never knew that 16 carries was a lot on one game... compared to 43 throws.... weird

Washington

Liked Posts:
If Fox starts Langford over Howard, he should be kicked in the groin. Howard is easily the better back even though he lacks breakaway speed. We know for sure he can catch and the jury is still out on that trait with Langford. Langford was terrible with YAC in the early games too.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not my job, but there's a large difference between complement and compliment. If there's one thing to be positive about it's Howard, but naturally that brings up an issue with staff.

Good catch. I meant complement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
The broadcasters said it perfectly. He's not very fast or quick, but he finds a way. Absolutely love him. Another great Bears RB in the fold.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good catch. I meant complement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not the Police, haha. Everyone can make mistakes and blame them on whatever. I'm hardly perfect. I usually blame it on auto correct or my psycho usb keyboard. I didn't think you meant it that way.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I mean... that's possible, but with how gaping it was... even a blind squirrel woulda found it. lol

I fear Langford has such bad vision the hole would be gone by the time he did find it.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not the Police, haha. Everyone can make mistakes and blame them on whatever. I'm hardly perfect. I usually blame it on auto correct or my psycho usb keyboard. I didn't think you meant it that way.

If you meant complementary, I can't help.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I fear Langford has such bad vision the hole would be gone by the time he did find it.
Langford isn't bad, but he's number two if he can stay on the field.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Mike Adams had the angle I kinda wish Howard would take the time to force the missed tackle though... It's usually risky though..

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Langford isn't bad, but he's number two if he can stay on the field.

Howard and Elliott look similar but I still think Howard is stronger.

Langford should only be used on designed plays that put him in space to outrun everyone....

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty sure Mike Adams had the angle I kinda wish Howard would take the time to force the missed tackle though... It's usually risky though..

They won't always read it. Most of the time the hole isn't where it's supposed to be. Howard seems to get 5 off of falling over if he gets any daylight. I'm impressed.