Smith to Ravens

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I am not sure that his trade value was that high to begin with to be honest. Would be nice to get a 2nd though.
Do you honestly think that the Bears are going to be able to get a player of Smith's production with a 2nd round pick?

Great, the Bears have an extra 2nd and 5th round pick. They also have one more hole to fill on the team.

What would be worth the trade would be if Smith privately told Flus / Poles that he was going to loaf (5 tackles Sunday) the rest of the season because of the Robert Quinn trade.

We will probably never know if that happened, but that would be the one reason to trade him.

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
Do you honestly think that the Bears are going to be able to get a player of Smith's production with a 2nd round pick?

Great, the Bears have an extra 2nd and 5th round pick. They also have one more hole to fill on the team.

What would be worth the trade would be if Smith privately told Flus / Poles that he was going to loaf (5 tackles Sunday) the rest of the season because of the Robert Quinn trade.

We will probably never know if that happened, but that would be the one reason to trade him.
They also got 20 million in cap space. Plus the 2nd and 5th. Better than Roquan.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Seeing we have all of those picks does make me feel better, just think we would of been able to get higher than a 5th for the second pick but that's just the fan in me.
The most that everyone was always saying was a 2nd rd pick. The 5th rd pick is a bonus. Would not be surprised if the Bears trade their 2nd rd pick for a future 1st rd pick during the draft.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Pretty much thinking it's the $20+ mil per that did it.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cool. Now we got rid of all good defensive players except for potentially the rookies. Congratulations. I don't get it.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

you act like he's a week-to-week super star. He is not and never has been. He is a very good linebacker yes, but he rarely takes games over.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Great! I didn't want to "pay the man"... I think its funny a lot of you wanted the Bears to whip up a bad contract right after getting out of all these bad deals.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The most that everyone was always saying was a 2nd rd pick. The 5th rd pick is a bonus. Would not be surprised if the Bears trade their 2nd rd pick for a future 1st rd pick during the draft.
Who was saying? People on CCS? Never saw anything anywhere else besides the rumor that the Bears wanted two 1st round picks for him.

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cool. Now we got rid of all good defensive players except for potentially the rookies. Congratulations. I don't get it.
We are tanking. We got extra picks and saving money that we can use at other positions. Let's all be honest; we are not competing until 24.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's a very good player and I'd have preferred them to re-sign him but I understand how the business goes. One thing that did not help was during the hold-in Smith said the Bears were negotiating in bad faith and that's not lightly overlooked.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Great! I didn't want to "pay the man"... I think its funny a lot of you wanted the Bears to whip up a bad contract right after getting out of all these bad deals.
I believe he was getting exposed in coverage and Poles said welcome to Baltimore lol