So do more than 50% of us believe we can win Sunday night?

AussieBear

Great thread Peter!

Before Mack was traded for, I had said, "I'd be more optimistic if the Bears landed Mack".

So, in keeping with my declaration....... yes, I do believe the Bears have a chance against GB. Well, if Mack plays more than a series or two. Count me in the 3% who believe.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, we can beat them. There is a chance we could have beaten them even before Mack arrived.

Good God, we are playing the Packer's, not the Gods of Olympus. You know, the Packers do lose games. They are human. We have such a complex now that we don't think we can beat them even when we have a good chance of it.

I'm hoping that is the one thing that Nagy brings to this organization is the idea that there is no team that the Bears can't beat. We have been the Packer's bitch for so long we just expect it. There is no reason that we can't beat the Packers. They might be an above average team but they aren't the 85 Bears and they aren't the 2007 New England Fucking Patriots. We have to exploit their weaknesses and minimize our own to win. Just like every other game.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I believe it will be a good game. I give us a real shot to win.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Unlike in previous years the Bears should have an actual chance to win this game. I don’t think they will, but it should be a good game.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
CAN? yes

WILL? No

Im willing to let this team grow into what it will become by the midway point. Actually I think this Bears team comes out of the bye week swinging.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yes, we can beat them. There is a chance we could have beaten them even before Mack arrived.

Good God, we are playing the Packer's, not the Gods of Olympus. You know, the Packers do lose games. They are human. We have such a complex now that we don't think we can beat them even when we have a good chance of it.

I'm hoping that is the one thing that Nagy brings to this organization is the idea that there is no team that the Bears can't beat. We have been the Packer's bitch for so long we just expect it. There is no reason that we can't beat the Packers. They might be an above average team but they aren't the 85 Bears and they aren't the 2007 New England Fucking Patriots. We have to exploit their weaknesses and minimize our own to win. Just like every other game.

Preach.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Before the Mack trade, I felt that since Green Bay comes out sluggish until about Week 4, them losing Jordy, their D still be suspect and them having no film on the Bears new offense, I felt this was a win. Catch them by surprise.

When Nagy pulled the starters from playing the last 2 pre-season games, I felt it even more. Clearly they are trying to hide something from Green Bay.

Now with Mack, and Smith in the mix, I think the D will do enough to keep the Packers from putting up crazy numbers. I think last year they only put up like 23 and I wanna say some of that was due to dumbshit turning the ball over so much. He had like 4-5 turnovers right?

And if the offense does pull some magic.

I think this will be closer to Grossman's first game in 2006, than Cutler's opening night up there. I hope.

Yahoo gives the Bears a 4% chance to win. A-holes.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, if they do win it would be a very, very big one. Though, I don’t know that there are a lot of teams would beat GB with it being in GB, Sunday night, and some other BS celebration. But yes, they can win it but I would be pleasantly surprised if they won.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Great thread Peter!

Before Mack was traded for, I had said, "I'd be more optimistic if the Bears landed Mack".

So, in keeping with my declaration....... yes, I do believe the Bears have a chance against GB. Well, if Mack plays more than a series or two. Count me in the 3% who believe.

Did the Mack trade smack the garbled gibberish out of you? You've been speaking normal on a couple of threads. LOL

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Great thread Peter!

I'm scared...you sound normal...the 'mack effect'...

Toast88

Liked Posts:

I wish I could thank this post more than once.

The Packers are not invincible. Even though they have the best player, they don’t necessarily have the better *team*.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Pack has had a tendency to start the season off slow. I think we had a shot before Mack, and definitely still think so (even though I dont think Mack will play much this game)

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Pack has had a tendency to start the season off slow. I think we had a shot before Mack, and definitely still think so (even though I dont think Mack will play much this game)

Mierda

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
We haven’t proven we can beat them in years. Until that changes GB is always going to be favored. Would love to win, and we can, but won’t be surprised if we lose per usual.