So do more than 50% of us believe we can win Sunday night?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It's going to be tough to overcome the disadvantage of not playing our starters enough in pre-season

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
On paper I don't think we can win this one. Mack with the Bears for only six days, Smith's development in this defense slowed by holdout and injury. Trubisky's first game in a new offense where most of the starters saw little or no work in the preseason. That being said crazy shit happens in season openers. last year in a Fox offense we played the defending NFC champs even and had a chance to win that game at the end with Glennon at QB.

on paper I think these teams are pretty even - Trubisky is an unknown and we have two major pieces on the defense who will be eased in, but the Bears have way more talent than the Packers.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
On paper I don't think we can win this one. Mack with the Bears for only six days, Smith's development in this defense slowed by holdout and injury. Trubisky's first game in a new offense where most of the starters saw little or no work in the preseason. That being said crazy shit happens in season openers. last year in a Fox offense we played the defending NFC champs even and had a chance to win that game at the end with Glennon at QB.

I won't say they will win, but they definitely can. Outside of the QB position, the Bears are clearly the better team. Rodgers hasn't played a regular season game in nearly a year and will likely have a little rust. If the defense can pressure him and Trubisky plays well, it's winnable.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
See title for details

You do know there's a way to start a poll when create a new thread right? That seems to be the point of this thread.

710.jpg

It is a bit tricky, but if you look for it - it's there... at the bottom, below the submit button even. Put "2" in the dropdown, then enter the poll question, & "Win", then "Lose" for the options. boom.

This PSA brought to you by me & the kind folks at PBS. Positive Bears Solutions.

giphy.gif

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's the updated Vegas point spread at?

Last I saw was 9 point dogs for Bears, but that was before Mack. Can't imagine him being limited by 1 week playbook catchup will sway it too much.
More based on betting #s than actual outcome of course.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I'd say its a wash, just because it is our first game and we are at Lambeau. Give Mack and Roquan a few games of experience in this D, and we could be dominant. If this game was in Soldier Field, I'd have us as clear favorites. Defense plays better at home and that is where the key to this game is...stopping A-Aron

Then again, this is Rodgers first game back. He has Cobb, Devante Adams, and Graham...good, but not too overwhelming for our defense. I don't even know who the RB is for the Packers..

All in All, I'm not really impressed with the Packers roster. Its just a batter between Aaron Rodgers and our Defense..and this time around, I think we are up to the task. Bottom line I like our Offense to do better against the Packers Defense, then the Packers offense against our Defense.

I THINK it's Montgomery. Whoever their 'starter' is, is suspended for this game.

Has Graham been any good besides that first year? I know I had him in fantasy his 2nd year and he sucked badly, I threw him back into free agency at one point.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm starting to drink the Kool-Aid.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Week 1 on the road? Gonna be tough.

I think before Mack became a Chicago Bear, i'd have given us a 25% chance to win. After Mack's arrival, I'm upping it to 38% chance to win.

The real wild card isn't Trubisky, but the offense as a whole. Was enough done in the offseason to learn and properly execute this offense? I guess we'll find out Sunday night.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think before Mack became a Chicago Bear, i'd have given us a 25% chance to win. After Mack's arrival, I'm upping it to 38% chance to win.

The real wild card isn't Trubisky, but the offense as a whole. Was enough done in the offseason to learn and properly execute this offense? I guess we'll find out Sunday night.

Gotta say, Nagy & Mitch both sure seemed pretty damned confident the last few weeks being all coy n shit. Which I dig. We'll find out shortly.

57904c299f543dcb0669c492385e3aa8.jpg

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:

So if I counted right, 58% of us think the bears will win.

Interesting.

I believe the bears will win because why not. I don’t have anything to lose other than money

Washington

Liked Posts:
Does noone realize how terrible the Packers team is? Rodgers is obviously phenomenal, but that oline is going to get him murdered.

I guess that means this will be an easy win for us. I read every year that the Packers only have 1 good player. I read about how bad their D is and now people think their Oline sucks too and that they are a terrible team. So, a loss should be really embarrassing to a team with 1 good player. I hope this line of thought is right because I read it annually and yet I always seem to have my tail between my legs after every Packers game here in WI dealing with Packers fans.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I don't see why we can't win. Nagy has some goodies saved up for the Packers' D while the addition of Mack makes this defense a whole hell of a lot tougher. As good as Rodgers is, can you think of a position group the Packers have that you would absolutely take over the Bears'? This Packers team isn't as frightening as in years past.

Madden

Liked Posts:
27-23 DA BEARS WIN

Packers will have a chance to win it at the end but the Defense holds tight on a 4th down pass into the endzone. Rodgers flips out because he thinks they're should be pass interference but no call. Bears hype rolls high throughout the city and people start to really believe in the team.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Roger's scores less than 14 to open the season bears win by 10

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Great thread Peter!

Before Mack was traded for, I had said, "I'd be more optimistic if the Bears landed Mack".

So, in keeping with my declaration....... yes, I do believe the Bears have a chance against GB. Well, if Mack plays more than a series or two. Count me in the 3% who believe.

yo sup yo

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
So if I counted right, 58% of us think the bears will win.

Interesting.

I believe the bears will win because why not. I don’t have anything to lose other than money

did you count the alts as 1 human or 2

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I want, and hope we win, but just think it's gonna be too much. Packers 27 Bears 17 God I hope I'm wrong!