Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Sporting Kansas City
  1. Boston Celtics
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Very true. Picking the consensus #1 QB when you don't have a QB. ..not a tough choice.
Who got us that #1 pick by trading with Carolina? Fans spaz out so quickly about GMs and coaches when sometimes they need time to fix a dumpster fire created by others. I think Poles is phenomenal at what he's doing. Every GM has misses but he's been an above average GM...better roster and the record keeps improving.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The thing about Poles that seems to be going over people's heads, something that's a major plus for him is he inherited a old roster with no cap space, in fact had dead money on the books and NO real draft capital to boot. To say it was a tall order to turn this ship around in fairly short order is an understatement.

People saying shit like anyone can tear down a team either have a terrible short term memory or are just plain ignorant.
Consider the source…

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I like a lot of his moves over the last few days but you are what your record is. Im optimistic about the future but until the future is today its optimisim not faith or trust.

Tom Paris

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Sporting Kansas City
  1. Boston Celtics
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
The truth always comes out eventually. I think Poles is the luckiest man since Ringo Star.

Is Poles the guy who drafted VJJ and traded pick 32 for Chase Claypool? Or is he some mastermind that setup what we got last night. I'll take the former for now.
Ringo Starr is considered a brilliant drummer by his peers so maybe pick a different analogy.

Tom Paris

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Sporting Kansas City
  1. Boston Celtics
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
I'm a believer in Poles. Every GM will have questionable moves in a career, but, overall, Poles has done great work in his first few years. The great unknown for me is if Poles was right to stick with Flus. Personally, I thought Flus should have been canned at the end of last season and Poles should have hired an offensive minded HC to pair with Caleb.

I hope I'm wrong on Flus.
I think Flus is going to be here for awhile because the Bears are going to be winning. No coach in the world was going to win with his first year roster, and apparently a QB that nobody else in the NFL thinks is a starting caliber player.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I like a lot of his moves over the last few days but you are what your record is. Im optimistic about the future but until the future is today its optimisim not faith or trust.
He’s really not because year one was an intentional teardown, tank job.

Did you expect him to win year one?

It’s not realistic to suggest he isn’t a good GM because he doesn’t currently have a winning record.

How long would he have to wait to get another job, if the Bears decided to fire Poles based on his current record?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I feel better about him than I did about pace at this juncture

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
He’s really not because year one was an intentional teardown, tank job.

Did you expect him to win year one?

It’s not realistic to suggest he isn’t a good GM because he doesn’t currently have a winning record.

How long would he have to wait to get another job, if the Bears decided to fire Poles based on his current record?
Im not holding year 1 against him or looking at his overall record but you havent built a winning team until a team you built wins - at the end of the day he's a GM who has not built a team with a winning season yet. As mentioned i'm optimistic with where the team is going but you dont count your chickens before they hatch.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
If Poles finds a way to come out of tonight with either one of JPJ or Zack Frazier without having to overpay with a massive amount of draft capital then I will worship the ground he walks on.

I've been pounding the pulpit religiously for the past 4 or 5 seasons for a true rock at CENTER. After the complete shitstorm that this team went through a last season at the CENTER position I pray that the Bears finally adress the need to keep direct pressure out of the QBs face.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Poles finds a way to come out of tonight with either one of JPJ or Zack Frazier without having to overpay with a massive amount of draft capital then I will worship the ground he walks on.

I've been pounding the pulpit religiously for the past 4 or 5 seasons for a true rock at CENTER. After the complete shitstorm that this team went through a last season at the CENTER position I pray that the Bears finally adress the need to keep direct pressure out of the QBs face.
You and me were firmly in the Bowers 'cult' but I'm totes fine with him being a Raider. How about you? I'm definitely happy with Rome.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I really fucking hate when tv analysts say “they got Caleb set up the right way, something they never did for Fields”. It should be, “something they couldn’t do for Fields at the time, unfortunately for both sides”.

Keenan wasn’t available last year. Odunze wasn’t available last year. Bates and Shelton wasn’t available last year. Swift wasn’t available last year.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Thing is we really don't need center, we have 2 who are proven able to start on other teams.
Other thing is I don't know if a DE or OT is worth the risk to move up to 2nd (after the 1st round run on OTs). If there is one worth it that's what I'd move up for, otherwise get DT and OG with 3 and 4. DE and OT can wait for next year.

But if he does move up to get a rookie center to sit I wouldn't be mad about it. It's just not a great need at the moment.