So Pace rebuilt the offensive line

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Short of Germain Ifedi starting, very happy.

Wilkinson can't be as comically terrible as Coward as depth, which also has Bars..

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Im happy they at least addressed it.
Yeah, they needed to do /something/ to try and improve the o-line. I'd feel better if we had a LT and Jenkins could be RT. I think he could be a pro-bowl caliber RT. At LT, He may be an upgrade. I expect certainly by year 2. Probably we'll see strides all year long.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, they needed to do /something/ to try and improve the o-line. I'd feel better if we had a LT and Jenkins could be RT. I think he could be a pro-bowl caliber RT. At LT, He may be an upgrade. I expect certainly by year 2. Probably we'll see strides all year long.
I just want players to play positions that they're best at. Im so tired of seeing them play musical chairs just to get the 5 best players out there when they're so underwhelming playing out of position.

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Personally I feel like this entire O-line will either be a dominant force talked about by all the "experts" as pure genius or a complete catastrophe with all those same experts saying "I told you so".
Lets just hope it's the former and not the later

jive

Liked Posts:
The OL looked better toward the end of the season than the beginning.
Sam Mustipher was a nice little surprise, and the line looked better with him in it. We seem set at guard with Cody Whitehair and James Daniels. Germain Ifedi looked OK, if anything. It's a matter of whether Teven Jenkins or some other guy can play the LT position effectively.

BearTX

Liked Posts:
After quarterback this was the most pressing need! Our tackles have been trash for 10 years and cost us countless games! false start, holdings and just getting oust around. Nothing worse that 1st and 15 or 2nd and 14 because someone killer are back in the backfield.

jive

Liked Posts:
I like the tackles drafted because it seems like a change in philosophy. We drafted too many finesse guys for a long time in guys like Leno, Chris Williams, Gabe Carimi, etc. and they wound up flopping sooner or later. Actually, Leno did a whole lot better as a 7th rounder than the other 1st round busts. Teven Jenkins and Larry Borom look like they play mean and violent. It's a nice change. Even if it doesn't knock it out of the park in 2021, I like the direction they are going.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'm happy they've made an attempt better than the 7th rounders we've been getting forever.
I'll be happy with it when I see results.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the tackles drafted because it seems like a change in philosophy. We drafted too many finesse guys for a long time in guys like Leno, Chris Williams, Gabe Carimi, etc. and they wound up flopping sooner or later. Actually, Leno did a whole lot better as a 7th rounder than the other 1st round busts. Teven Jenkins and Larry Borom look like they play mean and violent. It's a nice change. Even if it doesn't knock it out of the park in 2021, I like the direction they are going.
I honestly have to wonder, how many 5tyh 6th and seven round picks from Leno's draft is still in the NFL besides, well Leno XD?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The real question now is which one of those OLineman can we turn into a 3rd/4th string TE

My "You Called It"....Jenkins will catch or run a TD on offense at some point. Nagy will get back to his goofy ways once the offense can hold its own again.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. He's simply kicked the can down the road for years and it shows.

No depth. OL gets injured.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Im happy they at least addressed it.
In a serious manner. :) I think we've both bitched about Pace draft moves and falling in love with players but this time, they were value moves that are difficult not to praise. All of the 1st 3 picks were moves by Pace for players that were going to be gone within a few more selections.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
KC did fine when they lost their Ts... Oh Wait!
OL currently has 1 1st , 3 2nd round players and Musphfer.