Social media Bears thread

Canth

Liked Posts:

I don't see any way that the Commanders go 10-7.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't see any way that the Commanders go 10-7.
Agree but i do think that offense can be pretty good with the weapons they have.

Jalen Daniels

Terry McLaurin
Jahan Dotson
Luke McCaffrey
Jamison Crowder
Dyami Brown

Zach Ertz

Austin Ekeler
Brian Robinson

Defense isn't bad either after adding Danta Fowler and Dorance Armstrong to go with J.Allen and D.Payne on the DL and adding Bobby Wagner and Jeremy Chinn to the LB and DB cores.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Agree but i do think that offense can be pretty good with the weapons they have.

Jalen Daniels

Terry McLaurin
Jahan Dotson
Luke McCaffrey
Jamison Crowder
Dyami Brown

Zach Ertz

Austin Ekeler
Brian Robinson

Defense isn't bad either after adding Danta Fowler and Dorance Armstrong to go with J.Allen and D.Payne on the DL and adding Bobby Wagner and Jeremy Chinn to the LB and DB cores.

Yeah, I disagree with the idea that those guys are pretty good weapons. This isn't 3-4 years ago when guys like Ertz or Ekeler were still top weapons.

The only one that should be considered a good weapon is McLaurin. The rest are just kinda meh, imo.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Serious Question: I heard somewhere that Ian Cunningham was extended for 2-3 years!??? I kinda doubt that being accurate, having not seen or heard anything since about this. Would love to hear one way or another RE this...!????
Front office support staff usually have offsetting language in their contracts that if they get another (assumed) higher job in another org their contract with the original team voids. Extending Ian - I believe they recently said they did - doesnt effect his ability to get poached and give Bears some of those sweet sweet comp picks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah, I disagree with the idea that those guys are pretty good weapons. This isn't 3-4 years ago when guys like Ertz or Ekeler were still top weapons.

The only one that should be considered a good weapon is McLaurin. The rest are just kinda meh, imo.
We'll see. Of course it will come down to what J.Daniels can do but if he's legit then i think you'll be wrong about your opinion of guys like Ertz, J.Dotson, Ekeler and others especially with Kliff Kingsbury calling plays.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Front office support staff usually have offsetting language in their contracts that if they get another (assumed) higher job in another org their contract with the original team voids. Extending Ian - I believe they recently said they did - doesnt effect his ability to get poached and give Bears some of those sweet sweet comp picks.
I would think giving him that extension is all part of the process in trying to get him hired...and hired soon.

Canth

Liked Posts:
We'll see. Of course it will come down to what J.Daniels can do but if he's legit then i think you'll be wrong about your opinion of guys like Ertz, J.Dotson, Ekeler and others especially with Kliff Kingsbury calling plays.

Ertz has not stayed healthy for several years now and had a whopping 187 yards receiving last year in 7 games played last year.

Dotson has gotten just a tad over 500 yards receiving each year in his short 2 year career so far. I don't really see a jump there, but I guess he could surprise. He seems like just a standard WR3.

Ekeler had couple good to great years of production in both rushing and receiving. But he really dropped off last year and only had 3.5 y/c and just 628 yards rushing. He did add 426 yards receiving so he can probably still get around 1000 total yards for you. The other huge drop off though was in total TD's. He went from 20 and 18 TD's in 2021 and 2022 to just 6 last year.

Brian Robinson is solid, but nothing special RB. He hasn't gotten more than 800 yards rushing in a season and gets around 4 y/c.

And Kliff Kingsbury tends to fall off as a playcaller the longer the year goes on. Like, at a nearly historical level, every team he touches starts out strong and gets worse as the year goes on.

In addition to all of that, I thought I read that Washington had one of the worst offensive lines in football last year and they really have not done much to address it.

If the Bears had those players as the weapons and that offensive line for their shiny new rookie QB, we would all be bitching how they have not done nearly enough to set him up for success.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ertz has not stayed healthy for several years now and had a whopping 187 yards receiving last year in 7 games played last year.

Dotson has gotten just a tad over 500 yards receiving each year in his short 2 year career so far. I don't really see a jump there, but I guess he could surprise. He seems like just a standard WR3.

Ekeler had couple good to great years of production in both rushing and receiving. But he really dropped off last year and only had 3.5 y/c and just 628 yards rushing. He did add 426 yards receiving so he can probably still get around 1000 total yards for you. The other huge drop off though was in total TD's. He went from 20 and 18 TD's in 2021 and 2022 to just 6 last year.

Brian Robinson is solid, but nothing special RB. He hasn't gotten more than 800 yards rushing in a season and gets around 4 y/c.

And Kliff Kingsbury tends to fall off as a playcaller the longer the year goes on. Like, at a nearly historical level, every team he touches starts out strong and gets worse as the year goes on.

In addition to all of that, I thought I read that Washington had one of the worst offensive lines in football last year and they really have not done much to address it.

If the Bears had those players as the weapons and that offensive line for their shiny new rookie QB, we would all be bitching how they have not done nearly enough to set him up for success.
Yeah i already know all the stats from their players over the last couple of years but again.....we'll see. It's obviously not going to be anything i'll even really be paying attention to anyway.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
4-3 in division and the Bear make the post season.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

The best DJ Moore troll job I’ve ever heard was in this vid. At about the 30 minute mark, they start talking about how DJ MF Moore told them the Bears were drafting Jayden Daniels. You’ve gotta watch this. This shit is hilarious!

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
LOL, I meant 4-2.

Mathematically that would likely be or be tied with the best record in the division unless the two losses were to the same team or in the below scenarios.

Scneario 1: A team wins 5 games in division

Bears at 4-2 (2 Wins against C. 1 Win/Loss against A. 1 Win/Loss against B)

Team A: 1 loss to Bears, win every other game. 5-1
Team B: 1 loss to Bears, 2 loss to Team A at minimum. Wins both games against C. 3-3
Team C: Loses every game. 0-6.

Scneario 2: A team wins 6 games in division

Bears at 4-2 (2 Wins against C. 2 Loss against A. 2 Win against B)

Team A: 6-0
Team B: 2-4 or 1-5 (two loss to A and Bears)
Team C: 0-6 or 1-5

Scenario 3: Two or Three teams at 4-2.

Bears at 4-2 (2 Wins against C. 1 Win/Loss against A. 1 Win/Loss against B)

Team A: 4-2 (1 win/loss to bears, 1 win/loss to B, 2 wins to C)
Team B: 4-2 or 3-3 (1 win/loss to Bears, 1 win/loss to A, 2 wins to C or 1 win/loss to C)
Team C: 0-6 or 1-5 (Lose except one game to B)

Scenario 4: Only 1 team at 4-2

Bears at 4-2 (2 Wins against C. 1 Win/Loss against A. 1 Win/Loss against B or 2 win against C, 2 win against A, 2 loss vs B)

Team A: 3-3 (1 win vs Bears, 1 win/loss to B, 1 win/loss to C)
Team B: 3-3 (1 win/loss to Bears, 1 win/loss to A, 1 win/loss to C)
Team C: 2-4 (2 loss to Bears, 1 win/loss to A, 1 win/loss to B)

The Alternate

Team A: 3-3 (2 loss to Bears, 1 win/loss to B, 2 win to C)
Team B: 3-3 (2 win to Bears, 1 win/loss to A, 2 loss to C)
Team C: 2-4 (2 loss to Bears, 2 win to B, 2 loss to A)