Sounds like Shea is moving.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
The guy was always a linebacker, it's amazing that they drafted him and tried to make him a down lineman.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reporters asking about scheme change with Shea...

Trest said that 3-4 doesn't have to be the only option to line Shea up at LBer...

Shea is capable of more...

Don't read into this to much...This will be a slow methodical inside look at what is best going forward

Emery...Statistically we are better rushing the QB with Shea in than when he is out last year and this year...

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
OLB will be the only way Shea can survive, let him rush from the LB spot and shadow some of the running Qb's. Regardless of position he needs to add strength to play in this league.

strockrocks

Liked Posts:
That's all I've ever wanted from a front office guy is to admit when he screwed up, I have much more respect for Emery.

Agreed. He didn't really even have to bring up Brandon Hardin (kind of forgot about him), but he did, saying that was a mistake. Good for Emery. Can't wait to see what this off-season and draft brings us...

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Emery still says Shea has great athleticism Compared him to Nikovich and Babin

Who both have great athleticism and initial teams didn't put them in good position to use it and neither of them are on their initial teams because of it

Need to put him/Shea in a position and not let some other team do it like the Patriots did with Nikovich

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He was a beast in college.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Shea McClellin's Future In Doubt

Phil Emery needs to trade Shea McClellin for a late draft pick. He is a bust and will not help the defense. :buttrock:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You my be our newest favorite "worst poster on the forum". Do you have to start threads on what Trestman didnt say? His silence on a subject is not any indication he will take any action. Now just stop it

Nick80

Phil Emery needs to trade Shea McClellin for a late draft pick. He is a bust and will not help the defense. :buttrock:

tumblr_mdd1chLgor1riqizno1_400.gif

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You my be our newest favorite "worst poster on the forum". Do you have to start threads on what Trestman didnt say? His silence on a subject is not any indication he will take any action. Now just stop it
:buttrock:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seeing how we need a young Mike and Sam....I'd like him to try Mike and see if we can button that up. Briggs has one more year and then I'd like Bostic at Will. Problem with Bostic is how he takes blocks so I don't really know where he fits next year. Maybe he can play Sam but it's not optimum. I wonder if Greene could do it.

Who knows? Maybe they're talking about moving to a 3-4 or a hybrid setup.

Mike might be a tough sell as we have only seen him in limited coverage but I suppose you can try him there and if he fails then stick him at SAM. I always thought he would be a decent SAM on first and second down who occassionally played DE on passing downs like Rosy Colvin used to.

Stalin828

Liked Posts:
They dropped Shea into coverage a lot at the end of this year and had him playing off the line quite a bit. I am assuming they were testing whether or not he can play LB. In our current defensive scheme I would consider him more of a WLB, though. Obviously, with Briggs that isn't possible. There is no reason to get rid of the guy, yet. But I don't think he is anything but a rotational DE. And with how bad he was at diagnosing and attacking the run this season, I don't know where people get this idea that he is a smart player that could work as a MLB. I also seriously doubt he has the coverage skills to match up with a receiver going over the middle. And if he were SLB he would be used in coverage most of the time on a TE and that seems like a poor fit. Maybe they will abandon Lovies defense next year, though. Then who knows where he fits into the future scheme.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been saying move Shea to LB for over a year now.... He can't be any worse at LB and he sure could be a lot better at LB than DE. Finally, they're seeing the light, figure they have a year to asses him at LB, if he's a bust don't resign him. They have him for his rook contract through next season.

Naz

Liked Posts:
Gotta agree with Supra and Sewie here, use him like Bruce Irwin. He's useless at DE unless reserved for 3rd down strictly rushing the passer downs. At least he'd have possibilities to succeed if used correctly at LB.