Sounds like Shea is moving.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shea still may be serviceable at DE, but he is taking a long time to get there. There have been some flashes, but he also gets lost quite a bit.....it may take a long time for him to develop if at all.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been saying they should try Shea at LB since he was drafted. Hope it works.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
They tried at times this year standing him up and having him rush the passer, he sucked at that too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They tried at times this year standing him up and having him rush the passer, he sucked at that too.

Yeah but that was when there were only 3 other lineman on the DL so the opposing D knew he was likely to rush the passer.

If you play him mostly as a SAM then when he blitzes from the SAM position it gives him a slightly better chance of not being blocked as well since he is not rushing the passer 95% of the time like he is now.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
he's a 3-4 linebacker or nothing. what's he going to do at SAM? blitz every time? he doesn't have the skill set to cover, or play the run, or do anything else an outside linebacker has to do.

he has no place in a 4-3. they can try him at SLB, but if they stay with a 4-3, he will not be on the opening day roster.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The only thing that will save Shea's career is massive amounts of roids. C'mon Shea....feel the rage.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shea will be a servicable 3-4 OLB when we switch to a 3-4 this offseason.... but yes he could also use roids....lotso roids

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Shea will be a servicable 3-4 OLB when we switch to a 3-4 this offseason.... but yes he could also use roids....lotso roids

It will be interesting to see what will happen but there has been no better time to make the switch. We really do have a bad Dline, and nobody makes it worth keeping a 4-3.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It will be interesting to see what will happen but there has been no better time to make the switch. We really do have a bad Dline, and nobody makes it worth keeping a 4-3.

yup, you could still keep briggs, jennings and play a 3-4.

Those are the only real 2 players that are under contract that are decent on D

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Found this on Wikipedia...Interesting???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shea_McClellin

Before the draft, McClellin was projected as a mid-round pick, but after the Combine, McClellin emerged as a first-round draft pick, with mock drafts having him going to a team that runs the 3-4 defense like the Green Bay Packers or the New England Patriots,[15][16][17] praising his work ethic and size, but questioned his strength.[18] Chicago Bears general manager Phil Emery stated that he intended on drafting McClellin as an outside linebacker during his time with the Kansas City Chiefs.[19] McClellin later worked out for 11 teams, including the Patriots, Chiefs, Buffalo Bills, Tennessee Titans, Indianapolis Colts and the Cleveland Browns. Analysts believed that he could go to the Bears, Packers, San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens, Houston Texans, Pittsburgh Steelers or the New York Jets.[20]

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Absolutely no doubt that he was a dynamic player in college...

Seems like he made his best plays in space...

No idea why they put him at DE when he played every front 7 position for Boise...

It sounded from Emerys comments on the past and now he was always intended to be used as a moving part and situation like rusher like that. They did a lot last year in the mid of the season too. Cowboys game last year did it well a bunch. But injury making Izzy play DT just like injuries this year made that thrown out. I know you need bodies but I think both times it was bad choices.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
“[McClellin] was brought in to the Chicago Bears to be a rotational, complementary pass rusher,” Emery said.

I ask, when do you EVER draft a first round pick to be nothing more than a "rotational, complementary pass rusher" ?

Edit: This sounds like serious back pedaling by the Bears today.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
“[McClellin] was brought in to the Chicago Bears to be a rotational, complementary pass rusher,” Emery said.

I ask, when do you EVER draft a first round pick to be nothing more than a "rotational, complementary pass rusher" ?

Edit: This sounds like serious back pedaling by the Bears today.

I think he meant that they did not expect him to be a starting DE immediately