Sports Illustrated predicts Bears record....ouch

Washington

Liked Posts:
Or...you know...here is an earth shattering concept for you. It takes more than one year to reach the playoffs with a brand new offense. Particularly when you're playing in one of the best divisions in the NFL...

Didn't the Rams make the playoffs last year in their 1st year with a brand new offense? Excuses...

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
raw.gif.af4a34029484b7f460052fc8f1a7abd0.gif

Posers

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't the Rams make the playoffs last year in their 1st year with a brand new offense? Excuses...

Do they play in the NFC North? Didn't think so.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

Good point. The NFC West is a tough division and the Rams did it last year. I'm not going to get into any pissing matches, but saying the NFC West is tougher or on par with the NFC North is a fair argument. Also, all we're asking for is the team to crack .500. That's a reasonable expectation with all the supposed improvements I keep hearing about. What is irrational is to keep making excuses for the "10 year rebuild." But don't hold your breath, a lot of fans will ride the Excuses Train 'till the very end.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good point. The NFC West is a tough division and the Rams did it last year. I'm not going to get into any pissing matches, but saying the NFC West is tougher or on par with the NFC North is a fair argument. Also, all we're asking for is the team to crack .500. That's a reasonable expectation with all the supposed improvements I keep hearing about. What is irrational is to keep making excuses for the "10 year rebuild." But don't hold your breath, a lot of fans will ride the Excuses Train 'till the very end.

I'm just hoping Miller can be better than Earl Bennett.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

No.

The Rams' NFC West opponents combined for a 23-25 record.

The Bears' NFC North opponents combined for a 29-19 record. With a broken Aaron Rodgers...

The Rams faced the 12th toughest strength of schedule. The Bears faced the 4th toughest strength of schedule.

I mean, at least try making sense.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Good ol omelet. Only starts a thread when it pertains to negative bears news then if anyone says anything he'll come back with a witty retort like "Not buying it".

Never change. You never change

People on the old board called "Seagull." He fly in from the Jets board, shit over everyone and fly out.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

Good thing Snails got that extension locked up.

No matter that it was the most undeserved extension in the history of sports.

There is certainly a chance SI's prediction bears out, certainly more of a chance than the Bears going 10-and-6 like the Pacemakers here are breathlessly predicting, considering Pace has lost 10 or more games each season. If it happens, Ryan is gonna need some help. Shall we be proactive and start a thread outlining potential excuses for yet another losing season?

This whole thing is only gonna end one way . . .

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trying to predict bears record before even seeing preseason games is stupid. Too many changes this offseason.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

In the NFC West, whoa, what an accomplishment... the 49ers were a joke, the Cardinals are back to being the Cardinals and don't get me started on how overrated Pete Carroll is.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No.

The Rams' NFC West opponents combined for a 23-25 record.

The Bears' NFC North opponents combined for a 29-19 record. With a broken Aaron Rodgers...

The Rams faced the 12th toughest strength of schedule. The Bears faced the 4th toughest strength of schedule.

I mean, at least try making sense.

Chicago provided 6 of the victories for their NFC north opponents... LA went 4-2 in the division and they handed SF one of those 2 by sitting the starters week 17.

Strength of schedule is a good tiebreaker between 2 teams with the same record... but when one team has a significantly larger amount of wins than the other...the ineptitude of the lesser team kind of throws the comparison off.

To illustrate the tiny difference between 4th ranked s.o.s. going in to 2018 vs. the 12th ranked...
The 4th highest strength of schedule going in to 2018 is the Raiders- average record of the teams they face... 9.03-6.97
The 12th highest is new england.... 8.43-6.57.

Not that big of a difference.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Or...you know...here is an earth shattering concept for you. It takes more than one year to reach the playoffs with a brand new offense. Particularly when you're playing in one of the best divisions in the NFL...

Do they play in the NFC North? Didn't think so.

What difference does it make what division the Rams play in when you said " It takes more than one year to reach the playoffs with a brand new offense."? The Rams proved, as has other teams, that you can make the playoffs in year 1 with a new system. It comes down the talent level.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
What difference does it make what division the Rams play in when you said " It takes more than one year to reach the playoffs with a brand new offense."? The Rams proved, as has other teams, that you can make the playoffs in year 1 with a new system. It comes down the talent level.

Easy Mojo. Xero's just ahead'a the curve. He's got Snails's 2018 excuse all figured out already . . .

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Ugh no. If you bothered to read the last sentence I specified that our division isn't going to allow that to happen nearly as easily as it happened for the Rams. Don't mention the Rams if you don't want me to point to the glaringly obvious.