Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fail

• Too early to determine

• Total voters

sth

Liked Posts:
One of my biggest problems right now is all these over the hill fill in parts being plugged in now. When I think there are young guys that should be up playing right now. I don't know if it is more Q or Stan that decide who stays up or goes down. But Hayes, Smith, and others would be much better than Morrison, Frolik, and Scott. Why not give those guys experience they can't be worse than who they are replacing. Feel free to rip me if you disagree.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
He also had a pretty decent record if I remember correctly.

he did if you don't look at his save percentage lol

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
One of my biggest problems right now is all these over the hill fill in parts being plugged in now. When I think there are young guys that should be up playing right now. I don't know if it is more Q or Stan that decide who stays up or goes down. But Hayes, Smith, and others would be much better than Morrison, Frolik, and Scott. Why not give those guys experience they can't be worse than who they are replacing. Feel free to rip me if you disagree.

to do that stan would be admitting too many of his signing were useless and a bust. That's not going to happen. Its all about ego.

R K

he did if you don't look at his save percentage lol

Yea I just meant wins and losses. And if you look at the two guys now, with that many less games played I think I might vote for Huet. That's fucked!

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Well, he ain't my cup o tea, but I guess he is a good looking fella.

Hot.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea I just meant wins and losses. And if you look at the two guys now, with that many less games played I think I might vote for Huet. That's fucked!

I think if Huet was in net with this defense in front of him he would have played maybe 30 games with us and the other 52 he'd be a permanent resident of the Read Mental Health Center.

R K

I think if Huet was in net with this defense in front of him he would have played maybe 30 games with us and the other 52 he'd be a permanent resident of the Read Mental Health Center.

But they are 10th in the NHL in shots against. I don't buy the poor defense all the way. Shots against they are 10th, while GA they are 28th. That says more goal tending to me, but who knows I guess.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But they are 10th in the NHL in shots against. I don't buy the poor defense all the way. Shots against they are 10th, while GA they are 28th. That says more goal tending to me, but who knows I guess.

Honestly, I think it's a combo of both. The quality of chances that the other teams are getting is hich, and in the majority of games I've watched, the attackers are getting 3-4 whacks at the puck before it's smothered, cleared, or scores.

I'm not saying the D is all to blame, or that the Goalies shouldn't be better, but both areas need improvement.

Given the way Huet broke down after a sloppy goal though...I seriously think he would have been a drooling vegetable had he played this year.

R K

yea I honestly don't think he'd be worse than either of the two here right now but I could always be wrong.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
At least you got it..... Where is the Hot or Not of Rex that was posted eons ago?

I have no idea, that was four years ago, and on the O'Boards.

But I was ruled to be hot!

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no idea, that was four years ago, and on the O'Boards.

But I was ruled to be hot!

Someone must know what we are discussing and has a way of retrieving it... it was funny stuff. I think it was posted on some site that entailed "Hot or Not". Their was a gay undertone to it if I remember correctly.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
yes, a very gay undertone. The user who made it doesn't post here though. Or at least, anymore.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought this thread was worth rehashing.

As far as Scooter goes.... No Conf (no confidence)

This offseason is just furthering my resolve as to the many things wrong in this organization.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:

This offseason is just furthering my resolve as to the many things wrong in this organization.

I am with you almost 100%, but the Oduya signing, after seeing the money thrown around at this years crop of UFA's, looks very shrewd and money smart.

R K

I am with you almost 100%, but the Oduya signing, after seeing the money thrown around at this years crop of UFA's, looks very shrewd and money smart.

I hate defending them but I don't see what else was out there at this point. Parise-Suter were predetermined. Doan is going to be way to expensive. I suppose he could have taken a shot at Meuller but there is most definitely injury history.

He added Oduya at what looks like a very good price, and Brookbank which is definitely an improvement in the bottom 6. Still a couple of months to go so I'll reserve judgement until Sept rolls around. Assuming there is hockey.

This team needed/needs a 2nd line Center, a PW LW forward and a more physical D man. If anyone can point out the first two available and he didn't take a shot, then I suppose they can make judgement now. I didn't see either availabe. 2nd line Centers don't grow on trees.

Last year Richards was really the only option UFA at Center. It was clear by CBJ trading Nash to NY and NOT Detroit Vermette was never an option because they were not trading inter division.

R K

What are the scenarios you'd have liked to see? Not saying you are incorrect here, just let us know if you were GM what moves you'd have made verses what hasn't been done. What players would you have targeted?

Knowing the three basic area's of need are a power forward LW, which Saad might certainly fill, a 2nd line Center which wasn't available, and some physical D which he somewhat adressed.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I would like for them to admit Kaner isn't a center. Sharpie at C ain't bad, but that aint perfect either. We all know top 2 C's aren't all over the place, and even if a team was willing to part with one, it would cost at least of our top 6. So, Sharpie at center, get kane back to his RW position, and see what happens. Maybe they win a couple of games.

Maiden

Liked Posts:

DING DING DING DING DING.........................WE HAVE A WINNER