• Fail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too early to determine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
DT's inability to draft NHL contributing talent is a big reason the Hawks have nothing to fall back on in Rockford right now.... His 2005-2008 drafts should be guys that are developed and able to contribute to the Hawks at this point. Aside from Kane(#1 pick) and Toews(#3 pick) the only guy the Hawks have is Hammer. Where are those guys he drafted? But we can ignore that I guess as it doesn't support the argument that DT is the best and Stan sucks.

supraman

Liked Posts:
DT's inability to draft NHL contributing talent is a big reason the Hawks have nothing to fall back on in Rockford right now.... His 2005-2008 drafts should be guys that are developed and able to contribute to the Hawks at this point. Aside from Kane(#1 pick) and Toews(#3 pick) the only guy the Hawks have is Hammer. Where are those guys he drafted? But we can ignore that I guess as it doesn't support the argument that DT is the best and Stan sucks.

Don't forget Dustin Byfuligien who came out of the seventh round.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Technically, Tallon had his hands on the 2004 draft before he was named GM the next summer, he was learning the ropes for a while under Pulford before officially being named GM. So either way, it wasn't his pick. To his credit, Buff developed under Tallon's and Dudley's watch as he made his way through the Blackhawks system. I think those two really deserve a lot of credit for giving Buff the opportunity and challenge.

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it would be silly to judge Stan or Dale on their body of work as a GM, based on factual evidence.

All Hail Cam Barker, 3rd overall pick?

supraman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, it would be silly to judge Stan or Dale on their body of work as a GM, based on factual evidence.

All Hail Cam Barker, 3rd overall pick?

Ya know what as much as everyone hates on Barker, when he played for us he was a decent 5/6th guy. Sure not near expectations but he was usable only when he was shipped out did he just disappear completely.

R K

Technically, Tallon had his hands on the 2004 draft before he was named GM the next summer, he was learning the ropes for a while under Pulford before officially being named GM. So either way, it wasn't his pick. To his credit, Buff developed under Tallon's and Dudley's watch as he made his way through the Blackhawks system. I think those two really deserve a lot of credit for giving Buff the opportunity and challenge.

Even a couple of years before that. Pulford was grooming him for the GM job. As much as I hate Pulford.

R K

Again no one has said stan sucks and most have said the jury will be out until his drafts get here. What part of that dont you understand. You just popped in to shit again? Holy fuck Pez.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Incorrect. Tallon was working on drafts for years before he took over as GM. Wrong.

Well, what he said is a fact: "[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]He didn't take over GM until June of 2005." [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font]is correct... but that doesn't mean he didn't have a hand the same way Dudley had a hand in every draft. They didn't need the title of GM to show their finger prints in the organization.

R K

Well, what he said is a fact, so it's correct... but that doesn't mean he didn't have a hand the same way Dudley had a hand in every draft.

No Tallon as player director of personell long before being GM. During the Smith tenur. He worked with Smith on some of those drafts, IE keith, Seabrook, ect ect...

He said it wasn't his draft, it was his draft. Pulford wasn't drafting, scouting or doing anything of the sort!!! LOL!

supraman

Liked Posts:
Stan Sucks. There I said it. Someone said it, Stan sucks. I just don't like the guy I don't need a reason. Same like I hate the NY Giants. I don't need a reason but fuck'em anyway.

R K

Pez obviously has zero clue to what he's talking about....

Tallon was named the eighth general manager of the Blackhawks on June 21, 2005. Tallon had served as the assistant general manager since November 5, 2003, assisting then general manager Bob Pulford. Tallon had previously served as the director of player personnel for the Blackhawks from 1998 to 2002

Not to mention trades being KEY to the Cup, IE Sharp, Versteeg.....For Ellison, Boechenski..

So from 1988 to the time WWW died, Tallon had a hand in each and every draft.

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
We're talking about his time as GM, right? So he gets credit for drafts where he wasn't GM now? Cool.

I can play this game too.

Bowman originally joined the Blackhawks in 2001 and served for four seasons as Special Assistant to the General Manager before being promoted to Director of Hockey Operations, a role he served in from 2005-06. In July 2006, Bowman was named Assistant General Manager.

How about we stick with the facts during their ACTUAL time as GM?

P.S. Tallon's drafts still suck.

Ton

Liked Posts:
That doesn't read "General Manager"... that was the point. Either way, the title doesn't matter, all three together were better for the Blackhawks. Moving on.

R K

That doesn't read "General Manager"... that was the point. Either way, the title doesn't matter, all three together were better for the Blackhawks. Moving on.

The point was 2003 wasn't his draft. I contend that the Director of player Personell has more input into the draft than the GM. The GM just says yay or nay, with exceptions of those GMS that do scouting, like again, Dale. Good example would be Niemi who Tallon personally went to scout. Most GMs don't scout on their own, they have people for that. Tallon, scouted, still scouts and does a lot of that on his own.

R K

either way it was a nice discussion before Pez arrived. I'm out now. Stan will be judged in years when his drafts are out there. Right now, via trades, he pretty much sucks. And without Dudley and Tallon to take those contract NO OTHER GM was dealing with him because of what his BOSS did.