Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fail

• Too early to determine

• Total voters

Ton

Liked Posts:
The point was 2003 wasn't his draft. I contend that the Director of player Personell has more input into the draft than the GM. The GM just says yay or nay, with exceptions of those GMS that do scouting, like again, Dale. Good example would be Niemi who Tallon personally went to scout. Most GMs don't scout on their own, they have people for that. Tallon, scouted, still scouts and does a lot of that on his own.

That is a fact, not disagreeing. All three of them were great for the organization when they were together, could have been one of the best front offices in the league.

R K

That doesn't read "General Manager"... that was the point. Either way, the title doesn't matter, all three together were better for the Blackhawks. Moving on.

Yea that was my point. We'll see how Stanley does down the road. Resume right now, doesn't impress anything.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Radim Vrbata for Kevyn Adams

PA Parenteau for conditional 7th round(nothing)

Travis Moen for Mikael Holmqvist

Anton Babchuk for Danny Richmond

Craig Anderson for 6th rounder

Jaroslav Spacek for Tony Salmelainen

Lots of bad trades in there with good ones.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As for Stan:

As yet, he's not completely raped another GM by giving them goatpiss and got gasoline back (Sharp, Versteeg), but he did IMHO win the Barker for Leddy and got more than I expected with Stalberg, who's turning out to be useful in spute of that trade on the surface being a slaray dump.

However, his FA signings have been somewhat lackluster as well. Pisani, O'donnel, Brunette, Morrisson, Frolik, etc. If fact, I would say so far his major FA "win" has to be Mayers.

His biggest lack so far has been the failure to address the center issue. For some reason Sharp isn't back at C, and really, aside from Toews and Bolland, we're shallow there and have been for awhile. Kruger is not quite there yet and Morrison was not the answer.

Still, it's way too soon to call him a bust.

R K

Moen was a key part to what? Vrabata was with how many teams before he showed up in Pheonix the 2nd time? Anderson was on how many teams and how many leagues before he showed promis in Colorado, who even traded him?

Spacek was here twice and on how many teams since? 4?

Babchuk sucks, his attitude sucks, and most don't want him on their team. He's a healthy scratch now as it is. Again bad trades? Tallon wanted character guys, and other than Anderson and maybe Moen there isnt that much there.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Never liked spacek every single time I seen him play he'd be on the PK and take a lazy penalty and make it a 5 on 3. Given I didn't watch hockey all that much then but yeah every single fucking time. So getting rid of spacek is a win in my books

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Incorrect. Tallon was working on drafts for years before he took over as GM. Wrong.

Director of player personnel 1998-2002, Announcer 2002-2003, Asst to the GM 2003-2005, GM 2005-2009

Dale was at every draft sitting with Michel Dumas and Co. from 98-02. He had input on guys like Bolland, Wiz, Keith, Seabs, all the other killer Bs.

R K

As for Stan:

As yet, he's not completely raped another GM by giving them goatpiss and got gasoline back (Sharp, Versteeg), but he did IMHO win the Barker for Leddy and got more than I expected with Stalberg, who's turning out to be useful in spute of that trade on the surface being a slaray dump.

However, his FA signings have been somewhat lackluster as well. Pisani, O'donnel, Brunette, Morrisson, Frolik, etc. If fact, I would say so far his major FA "win" has to be Mayers.

His biggest lack so far has been the failure to address the center issue. For some reason Sharp isn't back at C, and really, aside from Toews and Bolland, we're shallow there and have been for awhile. Kruger is not quite there yet and Morrison was not the answer.

Hard to address the Center position when very few are available via trade. Richards was out of question due to his $$. That said Stan had a very good draft this past year, and also addressed teh C postion with first over all pick.

Mark McNiel

Saad

Ddominco

All could make the NHL at some point and two of them possibly top 6, with Saad no doubt getting there IMO.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Vrbata put up 56 points the season he was traded to Phoenix. He went to Tampa for one season, and then ended up back in Phoenix. Been with Phoenix for 4/5 seasons, and has averaged roughly 50 points a season. The Hawks got Kevyn Adams back for that.... PA Parenteau is another 50 point guy that the Hawks got absolutely nothing back for. Travis Moen is a good third line guy.

The point is, Tallon has made several trades where he was the clear cut loser. He traded away all those guys and got pretty much nothing in return.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for Stan:

Mayers is not a win but not a hurt either.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
What do you consider a "win" in free agency? I consider a win a guy that can contribute positively to the team without hurting the long term or short term future of the team.. How do you "win" a FA signing? It either works out, or it doesn't.

P.S. This thread has one correct answer.

"It's too early."

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you consider a "win" in free agency? I consider a win a guy that can contribute positively to the team without hurting the long term or short term future of the team.. How do you "win" a FA signing? It either works out, or it doesn't.

P.S. This thread has one correct answer.

"It's too early."

Okay I buy what you are selling on the win thing for a FA...so I will flip flop and call Mayers a win. I grade StanBo with 1-1/2 wins out of 11 FA signings in 2 years. 14% success rate, I admit I do not know what is a good success rate is suppose to be in the NHL for FA signings but I would guess it would be higher than 14%. The good thing is, the 1-1/2 were from this past summer, StanBo totally bombed out in the summer of 2011 for FA signings.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mayers is not a win but not a hurt either.

I consider him a win because he does exactly what we expected him to do. I'd rather have him over Pisani.

RK: I think if we could have somehow kept Reasoner the whole issue would have been moot. Still, I'm still really confused as to why Sharpie has not taken Center since winning the cup? I know he prefers wing but at this point, it could solve some of the depth issues.

R K

I consider him a win because he does exactly what we expected him to do. I'd rather have him over Pisani.

RK: I think if we could have somehow kept Reasoner the whole issue would have been moot. Still, I'm still really confused as to why Sharpie has not taken Center since winning the cup? I know he prefers wing but at this point, it could solve some of the depth issues.

agree with you on both fronts but at the time Reasoner was a pur Cap related move. They were still over the Cap at that point I believe.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
agree with you on both fronts but at the time Reasoner was a pur Cap related move. They were still over the Cap at that point I believe.

If I recall correctly, Reasoner was a casualty of the Hammer OS thing.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

Correct.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Or the fact that they couldn't get rid of Huet until camp opened. Fucking Huet.
<

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
hey, at least Huet helped us out. He could have refused and stayed on board.