Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fail

• Too early to determine

• Total voters

Ton

Liked Posts:
Not really, Tallon told him to fuck off and was fired. Pulling strings means you are a "yes mam" type person and listen. Tallon didn't.

Obviously, but the point is he tried... and succeeded at least once, maybe even twice.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If anything the argument can be made that McD pulled a bit of Tallon's strings as well. But since then, McD is less involved on the hockey side of things.

ok........

R K

Obviously, but the point is he tried... and succeeded at least once, maybe even twice.

It was all new, and nothing like Pulford. Completely different animal. But I get the point you are trying to make.

Ton

Liked Posts:
It was all new, and nothing like Pulford. Completely different animal. But I get the point you are trying to make.

For the record, I understand where you are coming from. They are both completely different, maybe even exact opposites of each other lol.

supraman

Liked Posts:
If anything the argument can be made that McD pulled a bit of Tallon's strings as well. But since then, McD is less involved on the hockey side of things.

Allegedly he pulled DT's strings and DT didn't like it. I only say allegedly because it can't really be proven but we all sorta know it happened. Huet anyone?

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dale didn't have very much success in the FA market either other than a handful of players. I'd say their success rate is pretty close.

No reasonably talented player will sign for one-year when someone else is willing to give them a longer term, what you see is what you get with Stan's FA signings.

I am not comparing Dale to Stan, you are. I brought Dale up only because I responded to one of your post. My judgement of Stan is autonomous to Dale. I am grading Stan's FA picks from the last 2 summers and I give him a D- on his Pro Personnel segment of his job. Until his prospect are NHL ready, Stan will have to get his depth players via that route and he has failed.

If Stan's drafting pans out and he gets multiple depth players down the road, then he will be graded appropriately on that segment of his job.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Allegedly he pulled DT's strings and DT didn't like it. I only say allegedly because it can't really be proven but we all sorta know it happened. Huet anyone?

I'm fairly certain someone around here had some conversations with the very people that would know better and can 'prove it'...

Ton

Liked Posts:
I am not comparing Dale to Stan, you are. I brought Dale up only because I responded to one of your post. My judgement of Stan is autonomous to Dale. I am grading Stan's FA picks from the last 2 summers and I give him a D- on his Pro Personnel segment of his job. Until his prospect are NHL ready, Stan will have to get his depth players via that route and he has failed.

If Stan's drafting pans out and he gets multiple depth players down the road, then he will be graded appropriately on that segment of his job.

Gotcha, I won't disagree with that.

Although I don't really think Bowman has had much of a choice the FA route unless he planned on giving someone a multi-year deal. What's better, filling out the roster with Montador's and Frolik's signed for the next 3 years or the band-aid route? Look at the term these average players are signing for. I just don't think he's had much of a choice. Either he signs Carcillo for one year or Talbot for five, Brunette for one year or Erik Cole for four years, Mayers for one year or Belanger for 3 years. Regardless, he has not done well in that aspect and in a perfect world there are no excuses.

R K

And in Stans defense it's hard to go out and get players, IE trades when the rest of NHL management is pissed off at your organization. Anyone thinking Mcdonough didn't ruffle feathers, in a business he had no business in, is fooling themselves. Especially after he treated someone that commanded so much respect, from just about the entire NHL Community with complete disregard and total shit.

Again you don't have guys like Dudley calling people out because of spite. That just doesn't happen. They have far too much class.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And in Stans defense it's hard to go out and get players, IE trades when the rest of NHL management is pissed off at your organization. Anyone thinking Mcdonough didn't ruffle feathers, in a business he had no business in, is fooling themselves. Especially after he treated someone that commanded so much respect, from just about the entire NHL Community with complete disregard and total shit.

Again you don't have guys like Dudley calling people out because of spite. That just doesn't happen. They have far too much class.

Interesting. This comment made me think that nearly the whole back office (Rocky, McD and Stan) did not have experience in their positions prior to WWW's passing. I guess you could argue that point a little for Stan but Rocky and McD certainly did not. So basically we have an owner, a president and a GM that all got their positions because of knowing someone not because of their past success in that position. Yet, they win the Stanley Cup. How could that be you must ask yourself? Pure luck or was the team already positioned for that success on the ice?

Edit: Notice I said on the ice because some of the marketing, t.v. exposure, etc. was changed after WWW passed.

R K

you already know the answer to that question. The team was primarily built before WWW passed away. Two of those guys walked into the perfect storm.

Three moves were made, Quenneville, Hossa and Huet. All the rest was already in place. Could Savard have won the Cup with that team is the biggest of the questions. I have no doubt with Niemi already in place there was zero need for Huet, and you could argue Havlat/Hossa they'd have won either way with either one.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting. This comment made me think that nearly the whole back office (Rocky, McD and Stan) did not have experience in their positions prior to WWW's passing. I guess you could argue that point a little for Stan but Rocky and McD certainly did not. So basically we have an owner, a president and a GM that all got their positions because of knowing someone not because of their past success in that position. Yet, they win the Stanley Cup. How could that be you must ask yourself? Pure luck or was the team already positioned for that success on the ice?

Edit: Notice I said on the ice because some of the marketing, t.v. exposure, etc. was changed after WWW passed.

A good owner doesn't necessarily have to know how to run the business inside and out as long as he hires the best people and lets them do their job.

The Hawks' success is being replicated in Miami. Coincidence? Yeah, right.

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
I love how a Stan Bowman thread turns into an "ALL HAIL DALE" thread. It's been almost three fucking years, and I think we've repeated this thread at least ten times on these forums. If you like Dale so much, there's a really mediocre team down in Florida you can go be a fan of. Go out and buy your Florida Campbell and Tallon jerseys, and stop bringing up ancient history. All of this shit has been discussed AD FUCKING NAUSEUM. I'm tired of every discussion about this team's management coming back to Dale Tallon. He's fucking GONE people, and he's NEVER coming back. Tallon was not a perfect GM then, and he's not a perfect GM now. Such a thing doesn't exist, because you cannot predict the future. Bottom line is, it's too early to judge Stan. Period. Tallon has pretty much the same exact track record in Florida, as Stan has in Chicago right now. A lot of WAIT AND SEE, a few misses, and a few successes. This conversation is so old.

The Hawks' success is being replicated in Miami. Coincidence? Yeah, right.

They have 65 fucking points. The same number as a Hawk team that has lost nine straight. Replicating success? Florida sucks, and the only reason they'll make the playoffs is by winning a terrible division. There is no success being replicated there, yet. As with Stan, it remains to be seen. The Florida love is tired as well. THEY SUCK.

R K

so don't read it and move on. No one asked you to read it.

It's been a pretty good discussion until you decided to come in and take a shit. And it's all 100% relative to Stan Bowman. No question. Because it still effects how he does his day to day operations in the NHL.

Go ask any other GM in the league how they react to the "Hawks" and see what the first thing that comes to mind is.

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
I've already read it several times. It's like a massive case of deja vu. A pretty good discussion? It's the same people shitting on Stan that shit on Stan when the whole DT thing happened. It's the same arguments over and over. Yes, it was shady. No, Dale didn't deserve to be fired, and no, Stan didn't deserve the job ahead of him. But it happened and it's over and done with.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is only natural that a discussion of our current GM would include comparing him to other success' not just the Blackhawks.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
And now we are stuck with a mediocre GM who is being advised by a guy who never was a GM and another guy who comes with NO hockey experience. We also have a 9 game losing streak on our hands and a team that was pretty mediocre prior to the losing streak (W/L record only tells part of the story).

So we have plenty to bitch about, and the buck stops with the guy filling the roster and selecting the coaching staff.

R K

I think several of us have pointed out you can't judge his tenur as GM for a couple of years. We've also stated specific reasons why. That 100% correllates to the rest of the discussion. Again if you don't like it don't participate. But dont ruin the conversation over it.

I don't think anyone was really shitting on Stan or saying anything that wasn't true.

R K

I love how a Stan Bowman thread turns into an "ALL HAIL DALE" thread. It's been almost three fucking years, and I think we've repeated this thread at least ten times on these forums. If you like Dale so much, there's a really mediocre team down in Florida you can go be a fan of. Go out and buy your Florida Campbell and Tallon jerseys, and stop bringing up ancient history. All of this shit has been discussed AD FUCKING NAUSEUM. I'm tired of every discussion about this team's management coming back to Dale Tallon. He's fucking GONE people, and he's NEVER coming back. Tallon was not a perfect GM then, and he's not a perfect GM now. Such a thing doesn't exist, because you cannot predict the future. Bottom line is, it's too early to judge Stan. Period. Tallon has pretty much the same exact track record in Florida, as Stan has in Chicago right now. A lot of WAIT AND SEE, a few misses, and a few successes. This conversation is so old.

They have 65 fucking points. The same number as a Hawk team that has lost nine straight. Replicating success? Florida sucks, and the only reason they'll make the playoffs is by winning a terrible division. There is no success being replicated there, yet. As with Stan, it remains to be seen. The Florida love is tired as well. THEY SUCK.

Only a little tid bit you are lacking to point out they had Nothing to start with. WHile the Hawks have guys named Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook......

Yea.... Again Pez you are to smart to even state what you did up there. Least I thought you were.