Standings Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if they are healthy, you dont want to play them. without toews you for sure dont want to play them

The Hawks match up well with Detroit. I would LOVE to see the Hawks meet them in the playoffs. That would be a good, challenging yet winnable series.

Detroit isn't a physically tough team to play against (like the Blues, Predators, Canucks, Stars are). The Hawks are faster. Neither team is great on the road. Detroit's powerplay is exactly as bad as the Hawks. The Hawks have more scoring depth.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawks match up well with Detroit. I would LOVE to see the Hawks meet them in the playoffs. That would be a good, challenging yet winnable series.

Detroit isn't a physically tough team to play against (like the Blues, Predators, Canucks, Stars are). The Hawks are faster. Neither team is great on the road. Detroit's powerplay is exactly as bad as the Hawks. The Hawks have more scoring depth.

It would be a great series to watch no doubt. I just dont think it would be an easy road. probably a 7 game series toss up IMHO.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
A few important games tonight...

Sharks/Avs - both teams have 86 points but Avs have games in hand. I'll be rooting for the Avs
Kings/Nucks - Rooting for the Canucks
Stars/Flames - Rooting for the Flames probably

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
so does the Hawks. They're under .500 on the road too.

My statement had nothing to do with the Hawks. Since you want to compare:

Wings at home: .810 winning percentage. Wings on road: .410

Hawks at home: .666 winning percentage. Hawks on road: .432

Yeah, so, when a team's winning percentage is practically cut in half away from home ice (as it is for the Wings away from JL), that's a monster difference.

Last edited:

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few important games tonight...

Sharks/Avs - both teams have 86 points but Avs have games in hand. I'll be rooting for the Avs
Kings/Nucks - Rooting for the Canucks
Stars/Flames - Rooting for the Flames probably

When it comes down to it, I think I'd rather see a SJ/StL series over a Col/StL series despite the trade last year between Col/StL that has potential to make things interesting.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That loss to the Preds pretty much confirms the 6 seed.

But that Pacific division race is so wild that I doubt the Hawks will know their opponent before next Saturday.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
No real big games for the Blackhawks to be concerned about tonight besides their own.

Buffalo and Washington play each other tonight in the East, 8th seed is on the line.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
The Red Wings clinched a playoff birth with 97 points while Nashville has not clinched a playoff birth with 96 points.

97 points is the magic number as of right now. Blackhawks are at 94 points with 5 games to go.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Nashville has now clinched a playoff birth with 96 points. Blackhawks are at 93 right now.

Pretty confusing (thank you 3 point games) but I now think 95 is the number to officially clinch.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
They should really show a magic number or elimination number or something like in baseball.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I'm confused as to how they clinched since Phoenix could get 10 more possible points, but maybe I'm missing something like Phoenix having a game left against the eighth seed or something.

But ya, 95 for the Hawks then, as we have a 6 game ROW lead over Phoenix and therefore have clinched the tiebreaker.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nashville has now clinched a playoff birth with 96 points. Blackhawks are at 93 right now.

Pretty confusing (thank you 3 point games) but I now think 95 is the number to officially clinch.

does it really matter how many points until clinch? we are going to the playoffs so it really doesnt matter trying to guess the clinch points.

Sent from a Pay Phone at 7/11 using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
poor dallas. didnt think they would be battling this hard to stay in the playoffs a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.