Stock Market/Investing

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I did all that, and I can trade with that money, but not HLIX. I get an error that certain stocks are unavailable until the funds are completely cleared.

Ahhhh okay, I can see that. Don't switch to Merrill, they won't let you play them at all.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Closed at .94. To high to buy?
It's essentially a penny stock, so I mean 1,000 shares at .94 is $940... I'm in it for its long term potential, so I'll keep it at least a year unless Gamestop happens to it and it goes up to 300 out of nowhere. Then I'd take profits.. otherwise I will hope for a slow climb.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
CCS going to pump Helix and make it the next GameStop ????

I think I did that right lol

Yeah, you were why I looked into it. Others you mentioned in the U.S. weed market as well. Looking at getting this and Curaleaf.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Memes are over children, back to your little sandbox.

(Not aimed at anyone in this thread, just in general)

was pretty cool. brought me into this game and I made a couple bucks

ima have to start reading this shit now and learning what the fuck is happening

so yeah, some people are gon get burned with the meme shit. but it got me off my ass to finally start learning what to do with my money

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

so yeah, some people are gon get burned with the meme shit. but it got me off my ass to finally start learning what to do with my money

90% of day traders underperform the market... its a fools errand. By the time the GME nonsense was mainstream it was already too late and a lot of people that cant afford it are losing their lifes savings on the prayer of a quick buck.

Investing for normal, well adjusted people is a long term play. Im enjoying my $22 Apple and $700 Amazon shares rn.

Day trading, especially with low capital, is really fucking stupid when you're making minimum wage.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
90% of day traders underperform the market... its a fools errand. By the time the GME nonsense was mainstream it was already too late and a lot of people that cant afford it are losing their lifes savings on the prayer of a quick buck.

Investing for normal, well adjusted people is a long term play. Im enjoying my $22 Apple and $700 Amazon shares rn.

Day trading, especially with low capital, is really fucking stupid when you're making minimum wage.

well, yeah. thats what I'm talkin about

learning to do the shit for real

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

There are numerous real strategies you can try. I'd suggest scouring the internet for them for a variety of different ideas. Really depends what way you want to go.

You can go more stable and invest in blue chip stocks.. You can chase dividend growth and invest in stocks that give how high dividends.. you can seek growth stocks.. you can seek certain industries (such as cannabis) that may or may not blow up in the near future. Many ways to go.

Meme stonks was likely a once in a life time event.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
well, yeah. thats what I'm talkin about

learning to do the shit for real

I wasn't calling u out btw.

Im speaking generally about my social circle of people that aren't that bright that dumped their 5k life savings account into the market based on Special person reddit regurgitators... then were absolutely SHOCKED that Wall Street found a way to block the pump.

Wasn't right, was slimy, likely wasn't legal... but I've been doing this long enough to know they would find away. Sorry little guys, nothing you can ever do about it. I'm also a little guy, I just embrace it... lol.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
There are numerous real strategies you can try. I'd suggest scouring the internet for them for a variety of different ideas. Really depends what way you want to go.

You can go more stable and invest in blue chip stocks.. You can chase dividend growth and invest in stocks that give how high dividends.. you can seek growth stocks.. you can seek certain industries (such as cannabis) that may or may not blow up in the near future. Many ways to go.

Meme stonks was likely a once in a life time event.

Stock picking probably isnt the best for a new investor. Should try to get into funds that have d
stocks in them... review the quarterly prospectus of those stocks and focus on ones you believe in.

You should be doing that anyways, reviewing each stock. But the various funds at least have a solid strategy behind why they back certain stocks so you at least have a leg up there instead of blindly picking.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The GME madness was entertaining as hell to watch unfold. By the time I caught wind of it it was way to late unfortunately. I hope some of those peeps got out in time

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Stock picking probably isnt the best for a new investor. Should try to get into funds that have d
stocks in them... review the quarterly prospectus of those stocks and focus on ones you believe in.
Correct. I generally tell everyone to invest in index funds unless they insist on investing in individual stocks.

A friend of mine insisted on investing in individual stocks, so I gave him a run down of the market, told him it's your own personal strategy what to do. I was completely out of the game at that time and only owned one mutual fund in my Roth IRA then. So I didn't have any tips or savvy advice on which stocks are good. Told him to do more research. Or pay for a newsletter for stock buys.

He only waited a day before buying some shit stocks and then lost all of his money within a year.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The GME madness was entertaining as hell to watch unfold. By the time I caught wind of it it was way to late unfortunately. I hope some of those peeps got out in time
I've been studying stocks most of January as I decided I wanted back in the game of individual stocks.. so I think it was the Friday before when I noticed some weird shit going on with Gamestop and even posted in here about it. At that time, if I had been crazy and decided to jump in, I would have made a lot of money.. but of course, I don't make rash decisions like that.

I mean really, Gamestop was $4 stock last August.. $16 in December, then $483 near the end of January. That's utterly ridiculous for a failing company.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I've been studying stocks most of January as I decided I wanted back in the game of individual stocks.. so I think it was the Friday before when I noticed some weird shit going on with Gamestop and even posted in here about it. At that time, if I had been crazy and decided to jump in, I would have made a lot of money.. but of course, I don't make rash decisions like that.

I mean really, Gamestop was $4 stock last August.. $16 in December, then $483 near the end of January. That's utterly ridiculous for a failing company.
That's not just crazy for a failing company. That's crazy for any company.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure why everyone thinks the GME squeeze is over already...

If it was actually over the HFs and their media army wouldn't be desperately trying to push their narrative that it's over so hard. It's comical how absurd the media coverage and astroturfing on reddit has gotten. Who the fuck do they think is actually falling for their "SLV is the next GME" thing? WSB was reminding everyone not to fall for that scam yet it was plastered all over every media network today that they were.

Not trusting anything I hear coming out of HF's and media at this point. Nothing but FUD to shake all the paper hands.

I'm no financial advisor but the DD being posted still looks promising to me....
1612238860798.png
1612238506654.png

Sucks for @Grimson's buddies who threw their $5k live savings in expecting to hit an instant jack pot but like they say don't gamble with what you can't afford to lose.

Me on the other hand I got nothing but time. If they want to turn this into a long term capital gain for me even better.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not sure why everyone thinks the GME squeeze is over already...

If it was actually over the HFs and their media army wouldn't be desperately trying to push their narrative that it's over so hard. It's comical how absurd the media coverage and astroturfing on reddit has gotten. Who the fuck do they think is actually falling for their "SLV is the next GME" thing? WSB was reminding everyone not to fall for that scam yet it was plastered all over every media network today that they were.

Not trusting anything I hear coming out of HF's and media at this point. Nothing but FUD to shake all the paper hands.

I'm no financial advisor but the DD being posted still looks promising to me....
View attachment 10146
View attachment 10145

Sucks for @Grimson's buddies who threw their $5k live savings in expecting to hit an instant jack pot but like they say don't gamble with what you can't afford to lose.

Me on the other hand I got nothing but time. If they want to turn this into a long term capital gain for me even better.

it’s lost over half its value from the peak. It’s over

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
it’s lost over half its value from the peak. It’s over
giphy.gif