Sunday camp thread 7/27

Victory Jowls

Tastes like Victory
Liked Posts:
temppractice_072714_03a--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://www.chicagobears.com/multime...fe796476#a20f274f-706c-4391-9bd6-bf65c259ced1

Caption says "Morgan Spurlock". Seeing what it's like to be black and a WR/KR for the next 30 days.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My Wifi crapped out after that picture.

A few thoughts:

Marquess Wilson continues to cement his role as 3 WR.

Jared Allen beat Bushrod a couple of times and chased Cutler.

Danny McCray was running with ones at safety, proving that Emery wasn't lying about exploring every combination at LB/S

Didn't see much of Sheamus today.

All in all was impressed and had a great day.

Got autographs from Garza, Ola, and met Brock Vereen.

Also got Marc Trestman to sign his book for me :D

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
So let's see simple takeaways through three days:

We have a revamped pass rush Houston is a beast Collins looks healthy on day one in pads Sutton is explosive.

Who knows how good Fuller can be but the sky is the limit.

Trevor Scott is making noise for a roster spot.

Tillman looks healthy and is displaying his typical veteran savvy and technique that makes him great.

I think as expected there not a lot of talent or depth on the OL. Starters are doing what they do as expected no complaints but there is work to be done behind them.

Keep an eye on Khaseem Greene and Shea McClellin. Shea has athleticism but does he have the instincts and technique?

Preseason games will be where the backup QB spot is won or lost. Early favorite is Clausen as Palmer has come back down to earth.

Williams is another player to watch intently.

And it's never too early to worry about the long snapper.

Can't wait for your reviews after the 4th day, 5th day, 6th day, 7th day, 8th day, 9th day, 10th day, 11th day, 12th day, 13th day, 14th day.....

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I think it's obvious that it should read "Marty, Slauson" meaning one of those two.

I don't think it's obvious at all. Why would Bennett be on the left side of the C? It said either Slauson jumped, or Ratliff encroached. Bennett had nothing to do with the play.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 29s
Lamarr Houston looking really good at DT in #Bears nickel package. Just had two "sacks" if he could hit Cutler in 1s vs 1s.

Wait, I thought Lamarr wasn't gonna play any DT?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Will be nice to have a Chris Williams that can contribute.:parrot:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don't know if he will or won't be better. I think Britton may make a push for the RT position but well see.
There's just no logical reason to think that. If the Bear thought that, he'd never have seen FA and if any other team thought that, he'd have got snapped up sooner for more than the minimum. Mills has been rehabbing and I'd still bet Britton only reps with the ones if they want to give Mills a break.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Britton got a fair chance last season just like Mills did and Britton sucked. Too many people are down on Mills just because of what PFF says but he wasn't nearly as bad as they implied. Much like J'marcus Webb was never as good as they claimed he was either. Let's hold off on the replace Mills movement for now.

This is true....even Kromer said that PFF was full of shit.

bionicbelly

Liked Posts:
Just got back to Des Moines from camp. Great day! I did not get to watch 11 on 11, but got to see the DB drills up close, and O and D line drills.

My take-aways and things I saw...
Collins is going to be big this year. He was dropping and bull rushing O-linemen at will. (non-starters)
Bass will make the team. Seriously high effort.
Britton is good. Very good. Glad we got him.
Saw Tayler Boggs pancake someone, not sure who.
Adrian Wilson is back. Very excited. Looked like he was 100%, and if that wasn't 100%...Holy shit. Dude is quick.
De le Puenta is smaller than I thought. Still like him though, but Collins man handled him 1 on 1.
Did get to see M. Wilson make a really nice grab in the background. Pretty sure he will be what alot of us hoped he would be.
Pat O'Donnell will do nicely.
Got to see Jennings and Tillman do hand drills, and I am completely sure that both of those men are ninjas.

All in all, a great day. Kids got autographs from Mills, Britton and Josh Bellamy. So close to getting Marshall's. He was directly in front of my daughter, but she just missed out. Pretty cool for the kids though. Mills, Britton and Bellamy, signed like every single thing the kids handed them. Gotta give them credit for doing that after the first day in pads, and a hot as it was. Good Guys.