Sunday camp thread 7/27

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I hope they take a long look at Mills without Long next to him. My favorite line is

Bushrod-Slauson-Puenta-Long-Slauson but I don't think we see it until mid-season.
i think he means Britton. And yes, I'd agree 1000%. Not really huge on Mills as a player besides his attitude and tenacity. I thought Britton deserves to get a fair shot at RT, and it sounded like Wrigt and JD thought he would get a chance.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah... Wasn't Marty Slauson out there too? A reliable source says he's in the running to take over the RT position if Mills trips up :)

kemuon

Liked Posts:
I hope they take a long look at Mills without Long next to him. My favorite line is

Bushrod-Slauson-Puenta-Long-Slauson but I don't think we see it until mid-season.

Yeah, we have to give Slauson time to clone himself. I personally prefer Bushrod-Slauson-Puenta-Slauson-Long

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
i think he means Britton. And yes, I'd agree 1000%. Not really huge on Mills as a player besides his attitude and tenacity. I thought Britton deserves to get a fair shot at RT, and it sounded like Wrigt and JD thought he would get a chance.
Britton got a fair chance last season just like Mills did and Britton sucked. Too many people are down on Mills just because of what PFF says but he wasn't nearly as bad as they implied. Much like J'marcus Webb was never as good as they claimed he was either. Let's hold off on the replace Mills movement for now.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Here's what I know based on history. Shea McClellin struggled mightily from day one. Tim Jennings was making plays all over camp two years ago getting his hands on the football he went out and had his best season. Alshon Jeffery established himself quickly with a huge preseason.

There are always small subtle simple things you can pick up and pay attention to in camp.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Britton got a fair chance last season just like Mills did and Britton sucked. Too many people are down on Mills just because of what PFF says but he wasn't nearly as bad as they implied. Much like J'marcus Webb was never as good as they claimed he was either. Let's hold off on the replace Mills movement for now.

He wasn't good. I watched him all season, and he was a not as good and not as athletic version of Bushrod that slowly loses his battle at a faster rate than Bushrod. Burshrod does well by not getting beat without a fight, and Mills was a gamer with alot of fight in him, but not the same level experience or physical talent. I just hope he gets pushed, but his off-season work ethic and broken foot in warm-ups concern me a bit.

We'll let it play out, but I don't see him as irreplaceable.

NavyBlue

Paul Heyman Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wasn't good. I watched him all season, and he was a not as good and not as athletic version of Bushrod that slowly loses his battle at a faster rate than Bushrod. Burshrod does well by not getting beat without a fight, and Mills was a gamer with alot of fight in him, but not the same level experience or physical talent. I just hope he gets pushed, but his off-season work ethic and broken foot in warm-ups concern me a bit.

We'll let it play out, but I don't see him as irreplaceable.
Where are you getting that there's a problem with his off-season work ethic?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
great stuff, guys. thanks for posting. stoked for sure.

Reactions: DC

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 1m
I've seen more bad snaps in the last 3 days than I did in the last 15 years.

This is most troubling. Don't know about anyone else, but I clearly began to take for granted how good and consistent Mannelly is/was.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Here's what I know based on history. Shea McClellin struggled mightily from day one. Tim Jennings was making plays all over camp two years ago getting his hands on the football he went out and had his best season. Alshon Jeffery established himself quickly with a huge preseason.

There are always small subtle simple things you can pick up and pay attention to in camp.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is most troubling. Don't know about anyone else, but I clearly began to take for granted how good and consistent Mannelly is/was.

Well if that's our biggest problem I'd say we're in for one hell of a season.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Well if that's our biggest problem I'd say we're in for one hell of a season.
It's not like special teams blunders can alter the outcome of a game. I'm not saying it's a huge concern, but the Bears are going to have to punt and kick field goals.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why the fuck would you bench an OL you already invested a rookie learning year into? Would be stupid as hell to bench him right before that trial by fire bears fruit imo.