Sunday camp thread 7/27

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's what I know based on history. Shea McClellin struggled mightily from day one. Tim Jennings was making plays all over camp two years ago getting his hands on the football he went out and had his best season. Alshon Jeffery established himself quickly with a huge preseason.

There are always small subtle simple things you can pick up and pay attention to in camp.

Based on what history?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Isaiah Frey was a beast in camp last off-season. Didn't translate so much to the regular season. Devin Hester was always a training camp warrior. Never translated well to the regular season. My point you may ask? Your eyes can lie to you.

bearmuff

Liked Posts:
dan durkin ‏@djdurkin 47s
#bears start the day in nickel with bostic at the mike.

was mcC the other backer?

found my answer in thread, thanks whoever posted, sorry forgot who it was

dan durkin ‏@djdurkin 21s
mcclellin working at SAM with 1’s and MIKE with 2’s.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope they take a long look at Mills without Long next to him. My favorite line is

Bushrod-Slauson-Puenta-Long-Britton but I don't think we see it until mid-season.
Why do so many posters like Britton? He was worse than Mills was last year in his 2rd year in the league. He was 2nd lowest ranked RT in 2009. For perspective, Chris Williams was ranked 6 spots higher. Anybody want to swap Mills for CW? The new staff may be improving Britton but they are also improving a better player in Mills as well. Britton already washed out as a starting tackle and got moved inside. I hope he does better if we need him but there's a reason he's getting 1 yr minimum deals and not many options.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Why do so many posters like Britton? He was worse than Mills was last year in his 2rd year in the league. He was 2nd lowest ranked RT in 2009. For perspective, Chris Williams was ranked 6 spots higher. Anybody want to swap Mills for CW? The new staff may be improving Britton but they are also improving a better player in Mills as well. Britton already washed out as a starting tackle and got moved inside. I hope he does better if we need him but there's a reason he's getting 1 yr minimum deals and not many options.
he had some serious back issues in Jax and was a high pick. A lot of players with lingering injuries rejuvenate themselves by healing up in a new setting; seems like Britton is doing just that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he had some serious back issues in Jax and was a high pick. A lot of players with lingering injuries rejuvenate themselves by healing up in a new setting; seems like Britton is doing just that.

That was in 2011 and after that rating I gave. I hope he's an asset as well but why think he'll ever be better than Mills when he has never had a better season than Mills.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
That was in 2011 and after that rating I gave. I hope he's an asset as well but why think he'll ever be better than Mills when he has never had a better season than Mills.
You don't know if he will or won't be better. I think Britton may make a push for the RT position but well see.

Does anyone know if tomorrow is full pads too?

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bob LeGere ‏@BobLeGere 50s
#Bears 1-on-1 pass-rush drill: OLT Jermon Bushrod stonewalls DE Jared Allen.

O0adam.gif