SuperDitkaMan's Nagy and Pace Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richb688

Liked Posts:
please its over and by the way to the original poster if Mitch had got hit for a loss you would be crying for Howard.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;_61hzuGGJX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_61hzuGGJX0[/video]

Could you imagine the shitstorm that would result if they released this today? It would be epic.

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
I've been critical of Nagy's decision making but to be fair the Bears were in field goal range. Nagy can't be entirely blamed for his idiot kicker missing a completely makeable field goal.

He wasn't in field goal range on first down. Why not throw a short pass to Cohen or Burton then while Howard is resting after 2 carries!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Rodgers threw to #26's man every single time. He knew that kid was a weakness, and exploited him. SF basically gave up the sideline when they shouldn't have. They are terrible. Shanahan is terrible. They are going to suck for a long time. Fuck em.

At the same time, the gutless playcalling by Nagy in OT is indefensible. Talking about "taking a sack" in his post-game as to why he ran it 3 straight times from the 41 yard line. How about winning the fucking game means risking a sack sometimes? You get 5-10 more yards there, and we win that game. So fucking bad.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
One, grimson isn't banned.

Two, this thread sucks.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
No different than when the Packers play the Bears. They find that one guy who is the weak link talent-wise or just a bad game and focus him.

oober

Liked Posts:
Let's keep the thread on topic. I do believe the Bears need to and will work back shoulder throws, well at least I hope so...

Anyways, yes Grimson is on a time out. 1 line antagonist insults after being talked to multiple times will result in a time out. His nose will be in the corner for awhile.

Anyways. Let's move on and stay on topic, thanks.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Shocking that they would show an alternative 90s band in 2018 on any national network.

This is when Stafford gets a lot of his points in fantasy football.

Garbage time.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Rose didn't look bad actually. And at least Garbage has a better catalog than most today's shit.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Nagy has to grasp that a good run game is like a Crockpot dinner...

For a QB making his first start against NE, Bellichick will make your life hell.

If Nagy thinks the key is to beating NE should depend mainly on Trubiskys right arm, we gonna lose.

Obviously the D has to not let Brady go crazy, but Nagy needs to keep feeding Howard. Even if results aren't ideal right away. Nagy tends to bail on the run FAST if it's not getting big gains. Establishing the run can take time. It's not always a Salisbury Steak TV dinner in the microwave. Sometimes it's a pot roast in the crock pot for 8hrs, but VERY worth the wait. Howard is a load and not a whole helluva lot of fun to tackle in the 4th qtr when you're tired and hurting. But ya can't wait until the 4th qtr to start running Howard. He needs the ball early and often to make the Pats D tired.

Plus it eats clock. The best way to beat Brady was established by the Giants in 2 Super Bowls. Keep Brady OFF THE FIELD. A good running game chews up clock.

Nagy NEEDS to make Howard the focal point vs NE.

5 games into the season Howard has yet to break 100 (82 was his high). That's bogus for a RB of his pedigree.

He should have AT LEAST 20 carries Sunday.

And Cohen should get AT LEAST 10.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If running the ball a lot is resulting in a lot of short drives that result in punts, then we should definitely not run it at least 30 times.

Not saying we should completely abandon it if it isn't working early, but I wouldn't continue doing something (a lot) that isn't working either.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Our run game is just bad. For whatever reason Howard can’t seem to get going this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msadows

Liked Posts:
If running the ball a lot is resulting in a lot of short drives that result in punts, then we should definitely not run it at least 30 times.

Not saying we should completely abandon it if it isn't working early, but I wouldn't continue doing something (a lot) that isn't working either.

This. You acting like we are having trouble scoring lately(Which we are not).

First 3 weeks we had zero issue marching the ball down the field and keeping long drives going. This offense is never going to be heavily run dominant, the short WR screen is the replacement for a run. We have stopped using howard because outside of two runs in OT he has not looked very good at all this year. You can blame it on the oline but a lot of times he is taking the wrong path to the hole or the wrong hole completely.

Ohh also, if its between having either cohen or howard on the field I take cohen 9/10 times.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
anybody remember when we played in Green Bay and Brian Griese started and they ran the ball for like 3 yards /carry and won it in the final minute...during that game they gave a statistic the Patriots knew about regarding running a certain number of times resulted in a win ?% of the time....which the Patriots constantly violate but clearly drafted Michel to try to keep Brady upright in his old age.

as they say pass to score run to win

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

I've had Crockpot dinners that didn't taste very good, too.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Eating the clock is not a problem this offense currently has. Our offense isn't really a big play/quick score type. One of the things that's been impressive this year is the ball control of the offensive side of the ball for the Bears.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This OP is Rivals 4QT Crockpot:
crock-pot-cranberry-meatballs-2.jpg

Status