Support Your Local Brewer

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can't drink with Ole anymore... last time I did, he slapped my Blue Moon out of my hand and screamed "BEGONE PEASANT, GO TOIL IN THE DIRT"

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Found myself at the Half Acre tap room last night on Lincoln. I thought it would be a bigger place (i.e.: more tables) but that is what I get for going at a 5:30 on a Friday. Really nice place, and the bartenders there are very good. Ms. Adolphus loves buying growlers at these places, so I took home some Space. I believe they just started doing food, and the menu - while limited - looked pretty good. I didn't have any, because we weren't at a table but it looked good.

Beers I had last night:
Shrub Tundra
Lager Town
Double Daisy Cutter
Longhouse
Little Donkey
Pony
Big Sting
Taco Day

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had a couple DDaisy Cutters this week.....really good.:beer: Too bad it's not a year round release.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Found myself at the Half Acre tap room last night on Lincoln. I thought it would be a bigger place (i.e.: more tables) but that is what I get for going at a 5:30 on a Friday. Really nice place, and the bartenders there are very good. Ms. Adolphus loves buying growlers at these places, so I took home some Space. I believe they just started doing food, and the menu - while limited - looked pretty good. I didn't have any, because we weren't at a table but it looked good.

Beers I had last night:
Shrub Tundra
Lager Town
Double Daisy Cutter
Longhouse
Little Donkey
Pony
Big Sting
Taco Day

I've been before but it was always full. Were there any beers they had that you didn't try ?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've been before but it was always full. Were there any beers they had that you didn't try ?

Full Disclosure: Ms. Adolphus had half of those and I had a couple pulls from hers, plus some 5 ounce tastings.

We had to wait ten or so minutes before the bar cleared up and we could sit down.

hester247

Liked Posts:
if you like Revolution you definitely need to grab their limited edition releases..i haven't tried one that i didn't like...Bean Jene, Blue Jene, Ryeway to Heaven, Deths Tar, Straight Jacket, Very Mad Cow are all phenomenal and worth $15+ they cost per bottle

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would suggest Slap Shot Brewing Company.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Miskatonic in Darien. Decent enough looking place, wasn't a big fan of their beer.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you think Pipeworks is shitty I have to wonder what kind of beer you like. Pipeworks has multiple top rated beers.

Pipeworks is one of the best breweries in the area, IMO.
Loved their sour series about 3 years ago and Ninja VS Unicorn is up there with the best I have ever had.

Not a fan of Two Brothers. their beer is average at best, however I do like their Night Cat.

Penrose is my current favorite. If you're not a fan of sours, steer clear.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crimson Snapper was released last week by Pipeworks,one of the best dble IPAs out.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Just had a spaceship middle finger by 3 floyds last weekend, was very impressed.

Still my go to for a solid wheat summer beer is Boulevard 80 acre.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've heard a lot of complaints aboot their service, but it's always been good for me. I know a lot of peeps rave bout the food, but it's just ok to me. I do love their beer doe .

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Way, wayyyy too many to name, but I attended the Chicago Beer Fest at Soldier Field this morning. Great time, had a ton of different brews - and the field already looks like shit.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for ruining the grass just so you can drink beer...:beerbang: