Support Your Local Brewer

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pipeworks is one i haven't tried out, or any of their beer. Hear great things though.

What's a better beer arcade, Headquarters or Emporium?
Pipework doesn't have a taproom so you can only buy it in stores.

I've only been to Headquarters. It was alright. Very crowded.

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe I should have put that in green, you non-sarcasm getting motherfucker.
Probably. Tis the Internet.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Was at the Beer Shop up in Oak Park last night celebrating a friend's birthday. Had a few pints of Allagash Brewing's Fluxus and holy shit is that an excellent beer.

Also was at a wedding in Madison a few weeks back with Spotted Cow on tap at the open bar. I wish New Glarus beers were available outside of Wisconsin, but it's probably for the best that I can't drink that daily.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was at the Beer Shop up in Oak Park last night celebrating a friend's birthday. Had a few pints of Allagash Brewing's Fluxus and holy shit is that an excellent beer.

Also was at a wedding in Madison a few weeks back with Spotted Cow on tap at the open bar. I wish New Glarus beers were available outside of Wisconsin, but it's probably for the best that I can't drink that daily.

New Glarus kills it with most all of their beers, they are known for brewing their beers exactly representative to the style, Spotted Cow / Cream Ale. Moon Man is an APA...a lesser flavored Zombie Dust, very tasty though. They make Scream a double IPA that's real good.

Years ago New Glarus was breaking into the IL market and ended up leaving after a short time because of the bullshit caused by the IL distributors and are very happy now to stay out of IL and enjoy their popularity in WIS.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I prefer Revolution and Pipework over Haymarket. Lagunitas also isn't truly Chicago.

But this is just my personal preference.

Lizard king, tiki time (was briefly on tap near me), and nitro:

:thumbsup:

-- tapatalkin'!

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

Ha. Just was up there Friday for a work and swung by for a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had some Modelo Negro last night, I know not a local microbrew, but good stuff regardless.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe I'm crazy here, but if your date is a craft beer fan, then taking her to the places I mentioned in another post isn't a bad idea. Hell, you could do a Miskatonic, Alter, and Pollyanna tour rather easily.

Unless she is a stuck up only city chick, which if that was the case, to hell with her.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Maybe I'm crazy here, but if your date is a craft beer fan, then taking her to the places I mentioned in another post isn't a bad idea. Hell, you could do a Miskatonic, Alter, and Pollyanna tour rather easily.

Unless she is a stuck up only city chick, which if that was the case, to hell with her.
Pollyanna is a fantastic brewery. I actually like downtown Lemont a lot, really cool area.

Next time you are there make sure you head to Nicks Tavern for one of the better burgers in the area!

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
2ededed261d095a1414fafb64a79a182.jpg

Just got to Florida for vacation and had to give this a try. Pretty darn good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've heard Cigar City has some very good beers, I haven't had a chance to try any though as they don't distribute it up here.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Tried Vlad the Conquistador over the weekend, by Hailstorm. Fantastic beer

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
New Binny's in Mokena, like every other Binny's, has a ton of excellent beer. Checked it out today.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't drown your Teuvo sorrows in beer DMelt.... das not healthy.

That wouldn't be good, someone needs to do regular check ups with Melt until his sorrow is over.