T-Wolves interested in trading for Butler

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its too bad that the Bulls do not have anyone in their organization who can work with other GMs in the league to do an impact trade deal. ANd no Cameron Bairstow jokes please:( I still maintain that a good Bull's GM would be on the phone with the Lakers for a trade for their number two pick along with a quality young player. They have the cap room to slide Butler in(And possibly GIbson also). It would make the Lakers relevant and give the Bulls at least two dynamic young players, maybe three.

I find it pathetic also that most of the league looks at the Bulls management with disdain for its shitty treatment of players and coaches and that sure doesn't help in trade talks.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its too bad that the Bulls do not have anyone in their organization who can work with other GMs in the league to do an impact trade deal. ANd no Cameron Bairstow jokes please:( I still maintain that a good Bull's GM would be on the phone with the Lakers for a trade for their number two pick along with a quality young player. They have the cap room to slide Butler in(And possibly GIbson also). It would make the Lakers relevant and give the Bulls at least two dynamic young players, maybe three.

I find it pathetic also that most of the league looks at the Bulls management with disdain for its shitty treatment of players and coaches and that sure doesn't help in trade talks.

Why would the Lakers trade for Jimmy Butler? They arent in win now mode and have a young core they are building. They are guaranteed either Simmons or Ingram. Both have enormous potential and both are young. Butler is 26 years old. He has most likely peaked and he isnt a franchise player. He is a number 2 type player. He doesnt lead any team to a championship. Stop over valuing him and look at what teams need. Boston makes sense because they are ready to win and after the first two picks. Its a crap shoot.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Why would the Lakers trade for Jimmy Butler? They arent in win now mode and have a young core they are building. They are guaranteed either Simmons or Ingram. Both have enormous potential and both are young. Butler is 26 years old. He has most likely peaked and he isnt a franchise player. He is a number 2 type player. He doesnt lead any team to a championship. Stop over valuing him and look at what teams need. Boston makes sense because they are ready to win and after the first two picks. Its a crap shoot.

None of this is true. The Lakers have coveted star players for several years. They like Butler, and have asked about him as recently as last year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
None of this is true. The Lakers have coveted star players for several years. They like Butler, and haved about him as recently as last year too.

They did not haved him, that is a lie.... we haved him and we still have him

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Anybody with a clue about the NBA knows the Lakers have zero interest in a longterm rebuild. They forced themselves into this position by giving that ridiculous contract to Kobe. He's also the reason the Lakers couldn't attract interest from bigtime FAs, and don't have any real trade chips to acquire an elite superstar.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

IT is you who are undervaluing Butler. I cannot believe that you actually asked why the Lakers would trade for Butler? Why does any team that is shitty want to get an all-star player? It is easy. THey want to quit being a shitty team. LA is a prime attractive market and the Lakers have a ton of salary room. You bring a Butler in and add a couple of free agents, and all of a sudden you are a competitive team while still being young.

I also am astonished that you imply that Butler is old and has peaked. 26 is not old especially for a player Butler who keeps himself in top shape. HE has got 5-6 prime years in front of him and has improved every year that he has been in the league.

Like I said, before, it is too bad that Paxson is so despised in the league and unable to intelligently talk trade with anyone nor negotiate with quality free agents because there are teams who actively desire Jimmy Butler which could have resulted in a sort of auction for him among the Lakers, Celtics, and Wolves not to mention other teams.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
IT is you who are undervaluing Butler. I cannot believe that you actually asked why the Lakers would trade for Butler? Why does any team that is shitty want to get an all-star player? It is easy. THey want to quit being a shitty team. LA is a prime attractive market and the Lakers have a ton of salary room. You bring a Butler in and add a couple of free agents, and all of a sudden you are a competitive team while still being young.

I also am astonished that you imply that Butler is old and has peaked. 26 is not old especially for a player Butler who keeps himself in top shape. HE has got 5-6 prime years in front of him and has improved every year that he has been in the league.

Like I said, before, it is too bad that Paxson is so despised in the league and unable to intelligently talk trade with anyone nor negotiate with quality free agents because there are teams who actively desire Jimmy Butler which could have resulted in a sort of auction for him among the Lakers, Celtics, and Wolves not to mention other teams.

Reality and fantasy are two different things. You seem to mix them.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anybody with a clue about the NBA knows the Lakers have zero interest in a longterm rebuild. They forced themselves into this position by giving that ridiculous contract to Kobe. He's also the reason the Lakers couldn't attract interest from bigtime FAs, and don't have any real trade chips to acquire an elite superstar.

Yep, and there is some turmoil within the Buss family about how the team is being managed. They would love to get a still young star like Butler and start up the ladder in the West.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm not the one who thinks that Butler is old and in decline. You are.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not the one who thinks that Butler is old and in decline. You are.

Quote where I said Butler was old and on the decline. I said he peaked. That doesnt mean decline.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
SilenceS is saying Butler isn't going to keep improving and he is what he is going to be for the next 5-7 yrs. A 20 ppg defense stopper & a possible sidekick on a championship team but not the guy. Basically Butler is Pippen in the 94-95 seasons before MJ unretired. I think that's how everyone sees him. I personally think Butler is a top 10-15 player and I think his injury hampered a great start to the season. I feel fans are just sour on the Bulls organization at this point. I feel he cares about winning and he is frustrated this organization seems like it's in total disarray. The same as us fans are.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Top 10-15 player? That's fair and I agree. He was arguably a top 5 player a season prior. Any way you slice it, he is on a short list of players.

But again, the problem now is that his style and personality clash with what we have now. Many of us would like the direction of the front office to change, and then Butler would be great to keep. As long as the direction is where it is now, it will be best to get as much value in return for Butler before his trade value drops too much.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote where I said Butler was old and on the decline. I said he peaked. That doesnt mean decline.

You were the one who brought up his age didn't you? Your implication was that he will be in a decline.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

A two time all-star who is only 26 years old and continues to get better is the reality. You've got some fantasy yourself that Butler isn't worth much on the market.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Murray is gonna be special.

NBA Comparison: Ben Gordon

chevy-chase-excited.gif

SW_Bulls

Liked Posts:
Is there anything concrete in Butler potentially moving on, or is it all just rumours at the minute?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Is there anything concrete in Butler potentially moving on, or is it all just rumours at the minute?

You mean like Garpax coming out and announcing they plan to trade Jimmy Butler or Jimmy saying he was told he was going to be traded? No. That usually never happens. It only becomes concrete once the trade actually happens.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I'm on the keep Jimmy and trade the old guard. Let Noah go, trade Gibson in the draft and look to move Rose to some desperate team once they realise they ain't getting KD or Lebron.

Anybody think #14 and Gibson could get us into the top 10?