Tanaka Watch Thread (Signs With Yankees)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
NYC and Boston aren't serious about signing him. I think it comes down to us or LA.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dodgers might wanna worry about locking up Kershaw first.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
NYC and Boston aren't serious about signing him. I think it comes down to us or LA.
The Yankees aren't serious about signing Tanaka? That would be news to just about everyone.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Yankees aren't serious about signing Tanaka? That would be news to just about everyone.

the yanks could come in to play but they have been rumored to have mild interest. luxury tax and shit. they could jump in but I see it as the dodgers. s

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Their entire offseason has hinged around Tanaka and fixing the starting rotation that is a mess. The ARod decision coming soon might swing this one way or the other. But I will believe the Yankees are sitting on the sidelines when I see it.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
ARod's suspension was just reduced to a mere 162 games which saves the Yankees over 27 million for next year.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if the Yanks land Tanaka, they still have alot of issues.

McCann, Beltran, Ellsbury are all injury prone & signed to big money. Also, Jeter has ankle problems & is 39.

Captain Cheeseburger has declined, Kuroda somehow got $16 mil despite getting smack around in the 2nd half of the season.

Rest of their rotation is meh at best. Their bullpen is very suspect & without a closer right now.

Also doesn't help that their farm system has really nothing. They're in deep shit if injuries start piling up.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if the Yanks land Tanaka, they still have alot of issues.

McCann, Beltran, Ellsbury are all injury prone & signed to big money. Also, Jeter has ankle problems & is 39.

Captain Cheeseburger has declined, Kuroda somehow got $16 mil despite getting smack around in the 2nd half of the season.

Rest of their rotation is meh at best. Their bullpen is very suspect & without a closer right now.

Also doesn't help that their farm system has really nothing. They're in deep shit if injuries start piling up.
All of which combined with the fact that they appear to already be over the luxury tax threshold continue to build up the case that the Yankees are saying fuck it and being the Yankees.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I think we have a legit chance. We almost won the division 2 years ago. We can sell the young nucleus we have. The young pitching staff would be bolstered with Tanaka.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Everyone counting out the ChiSox.....can't wait to shove it up the asses of the Cubs, Dodgers and Yankees when we stealthily snag Tanaka.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the aroid situation seems like perfect timing for yanks and tanaka

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
per japan media: tanaka to choose from dodgers,angels,and nyy. oh well i guess. it was predictable.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
per japan media: tanaka to choose from dodgers,angels,and nyy. oh well i guess. it was predictable.

No problem. Id rather have Garza

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[eQUOTE=brett05;1200628]No problem. Id rather have Garza

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

well you would save money and you know what garza can do on the bright side.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Meh they also said he wasn't leaving japan. Per rotoworld.com they said take it with a grain of salt

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Some tell me again, why doesn't baseball have a salary cap?

So sick of the fucking Yankees and Red Sox getting whoever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.