Tape Never Lies Mock Draft (DDP's Epic Rant)

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Did any of you see this last night? Long story short, the chips fell and we ended up with Eichenberg (which is fine by me), but then DDP went absolutely insane when the guys suggested that the Bears - in their ineptitude - would probably start him off at RT vs having open competitions at LT (like they SHOULD).

It was a matter of what they SHOULD do (which we can all agree on) vs. how they would LIKELY handle it (because this GM and HC are idiots). But DDP didn't take it well lmao:

(time should be ff'd to 2 hrs 36 min mark)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, he is not a fan of Leno. Cant blame him. RT is fine with Idefi and Bars,-as long as they can be average.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Yeah, he is not a fan of Leno. Cant blame him. RT is fine with Idefi and Bars,-as long as they can be average.

Yea I know. He pretty much validates and represents how we all feel about CL. But at the same time you can't drive you self crazy over how this team is managed anymore. It's not worth it, esp if you know what to expect out of these fools.

It IS mystifying that this staff seemingly bend over backwards to protect Leno though. Or at least through their LACK of action to demand better from that position in some way. You call out other guys, relegate others to the doghouse for no reason, but don't hold this guy accountable after watching his film week in and and week out?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I blame him. He projects better on the right side, Leno and Eichenberg is better than Eichenberg and Ifedi. You can develop him and try to move him the following year. Leno would beat him while the competition would take reps away from the position Eichenberg had a shot at starting.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty fed up with Charles Leno Jr. and his shit but these guys make me feel like his biggest fan.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I dunno, to me Leno just looks like he's out of shape and plays with low effort. He may be more talented than Efedi at his best, but dude plays like he's just happy to be there.

I'd settle for 2 tackles that give max effort and can stay on their feet.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dunno, to me Leno just looks like he's out of shape and plays with low effort. He may be more talented than Efedi at his best, but dude plays like he's just happy to be there.

I'd settle for 2 tackles that give max effort and can stay on their feet.
Effectively a Leno contract year.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I know a lot of people viewed that latter part of last year as an improvement with the O-line and that should be an indicator that we are just a single player away from having a solid O-line.
OR
Was it the fact that Trubisky's mobility and the crap defenses we were playing against made them look better.

I still think we need TWO Tackles, and if we don't blow our wad on a QB, I think they should take advantage of the deep riches at tackle and get 2 in the first three rounds.

I know that means that we might not be getting the top tier CB or WR, but if they want Dalton to have any success they need to finally address the positions with top quality draft picks.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I know a lot of people viewed that latter part of last year as an improvement with the O-line and that should be an indicator that we are just a single player away from having a solid O-line.
OR
Was it the fact that Trubisky's mobility and the crap defenses we were playing against made them look better.

I still think we need TWO Tackles, and if we don't blow our wad on a QB, I think they should take advantage of the deep riches at tackle and get 2 in the first three rounds.

I know that means that we might not be getting the top tier CB or WR, but if they want Dalton to have any success they need to finally address the positions with top quality draft picks.
The interior line played really well once Mustipher and Bars got a couple starts under their belt. It had nothing to do with Mitch Trubisky, and that is proven by the dramatic improvement in the run game.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The interior line played really well once Mustipher and Bars got a couple starts under their belt. It had nothing to do with Mitch Trubisky, and that is proven by the dramatic improvement in the run game.
Which got shit on when they started playing better defenses. The whole OL outside of Daniels needs to be looked at. Whitehair is average and will most likely be at RG this year, new position.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In the Broncos game in 2019, Leno was put on his ass by a FS on a toss sweep. It was so sad to watch

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Which got shit on when they started playing better defenses. The whole OL outside of Daniels needs to be looked at. Whitehair is average and will most likely be at RG this year, new position.
Well it got shit on because better defenses just stacked the box and dared the Bears to pass the ball. I liked what I saw out of Alex Bars and Sam Mustipher but I also agree that anyone who thinks the interior line is just fine and doesn't require any attention might be in for a rude awakening. Still, the tackle situation is absolutely desperate at this point so I'm not sure they really have the resources to go scrounging for guards and centers when there is a crisis at both left and right tackle.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mustipher more than Bars, but agree

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Draft Dr. Phil's sentiments speak directly to me. The fucking Cult of Charles Leno Jr. is totally inexplicable to me, every week he is one of the worst (if not the worst) football player seeing meaningful time for either team. Every week I look at the opponents' offensive tackles and think "well those guys are just way better than our guy", and then I look at who the other team has starting and its some nobody undrafted free agent who shouldn't be in the league. For two straight years I have had to endure this yet the Bears continue to just be enamored with the guy.

Even this board you will see people cape for him. Drives me nuts, glad to see Draft Dr. Phil calling it like it is. I can tell you that rant is not an act because its exactly how I feel.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I agree Mustipher seemed to make a difference on the interior.
But we are focused on the Tackle positions in this thread, and those two positions have been an issue for far too long.
I do think that a mobile QB, will tend to make a defense adjust, and yes even that adjustment can have an impact on the run game.

I'll give you an example...If a defense wants to account for Trubisky as a running threat they will assign a spy or at the very least have someone assigned to read what he is doing. That is typically a LBer, and if that player must read and react to Trubisky, then he is out of position to read and react to the RB, or at least delayed slightly.

When Foles was in there, no such assignment was required, because if he was running with the ball then even a DT could react to him before too much damage.

I hope the progress we saw was because we found the right Combo, and adding a single top quality tackle will put us in a good position this year and into the future, but it has been too long coming and I think to catch up and set up the team for success this year and in the future we need to OVERSPEND on OT this year

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Whitehair was playing damn well at LG once Mustifer hit the line up. As he did in his early years. Getting to the 2nd level fluidly. The coaches have already confirmed that's his best position. Daniels will play RG.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Did any of you see this last night? Long story short, the chips fell and we ended up with Eichenberg (which is fine by me), but then DDP went absolutely insane when the guys suggested that the Bears - in their ineptitude - would probably start him off at RT vs having open competitions at LT (like they SHOULD).

It was a matter of what they SHOULD do (which we can all agree on) vs. how they would LIKELY handle it (because this GM and HC are idiots). But DDP didn't take it well lmao:

(time should be ff'd to 2 hrs 36 min mark)

Thanks for this but I'm not going to take my draft advice from the guy who championed Shea McClellin and died on that hill.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Whitehair was playing damn well at LG once Mustifer hit the line up. As he did in his early years. Getting to the 2nd level fluidly. The coaches have already confirmed that's his best position. Daniels will play RG.

Sad it took the coaches that long to figure it out. Kreutz was repeatedly beating the drum that Whitehair was consistently getting blocking assignment calls wrong at C; Mustipher took over and started making the right calls. Mustipher has elite intelligence, he just doesnt have elite athletic skills